ITB100HD feedback

Refresher76

Because these ppl never realise that other car electronics are also draining the battery too. Power saver only effective for the camera, the other electronics continue to drain even if power saver cut-off supply to the camera.

Me use external battery pack, no worries of drain battery or warranty. [;)]

How long does your external battery last? 3 cams right?

Mine only 22-24 hrs on 3 cams with every single charge. The battery is 18000mAh.

↡ Advertisement

How long does your external battery last? 3 cams right?

Mine only 22-24 hrs on 3 cams with every single charge. The battery is 18000mAh.

I have only one cam running 24/7. Have three 8,000mah external batteries. I do not wait till they are drained then charge. I swap the batteries every time I drive the car to keep the batteries "fresh".

Supersonic

Because these ppl never realise that other car electronics are also draining the battery too. Power saver only effective for the camera, the other electronics continue to drain even if power saver cut-off supply to the camera.

Me use external battery pack, no worries of drain battery or warranty. [;)]

There are other "leakage" or parasitic current drawn by the battery when the car is switched off.

These include alarm and other monitoring devices.

In a stock car, usually this is kept under control and less than 75mA (a conservative figure).

That's why some cars can go 2 months without starting and still able to crank the first time.

But once, owner start adding stuffs on their own like camera, you are subject to the installer ability or inability.

The easy way to sell camera is to tap directly onto the battery and boast of its parking surveillance capture, power saver, etc...

Of coz, when the battery go flat and you can't start the engine, it's not the installer problem anymore.

Neutral Newbie

I have only one cam running 24/7. Have three 8,000mah external batteries. I do not wait till they are drained then charge. I swap the batteries every time I drive the car to keep the batteries "fresh".

Bro, might to pm/share with me what is required for the above you mentioned. ie:

- connectors

- which floor in SLT to purchase the batteries? etc

TQ

Bro, might to pm/share with me what is required for the above you mentioned. ie:

- connectors

TQ

ya.. can share with me too.. thanks.

am looking at these choices too.

Supersonic

SLT basement shop, quite easy to find near Jl Besar entrance.

You will see that shop full of batteries.

Choose the 12V ones and you can hook it up yourself.

(edited)

- connectors

TQ

I get my stuff mostly from online hobby shop.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/index.asp

Batteries here :

post-2654-1372291474_thumb.jpg

Then I desolder the stock connectors and resolder with these, 6mm Gold Connectors, capable of 120-200A draw :

post-2654-1372291515_thumb.png

Then make adapter to Deans connector for charging with my multi-chemistry charger :

post-2654-1372291586_thumb.jpg

Then make another adapter for JST connectors. This connector go directly to the car cam. They are rated up to 10A, sufficient for car cam usage. This JST connector can be purchased at SLT, various shops at basement or level 3. Abt $1 to 1.20 per connector. Online, much cheaper. [:p]

post-2654-1372291754_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1372291765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrianli

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

bro, thanks for sharing. I do recall you mentioned, this li-po batt is not advisable to put in the car if park in open cp (direct sun), correct?

Any other alternate solution to this? unless i put in a switch with y-splitter?

Edited by Catdontmeow

bro, thanks for sharing. I do recall you mentioned, this li-po batt is not advisable to put in the car if park in open cp (direct sun), correct?

Any other alternate solution to this? unless i put in a switch with y-splitter?

Yup, cannot use this lipo setup if u park under direct sun. My car always in sheltered carpark so no problem at all.

Not sure of other alternate solution. Maybe can try using Sealed Lead Acid batteries. They are bigger n heavier than lithium polymer batteries but can withstand the direct heat.

Turbocharged

i serached online. seems like all korean for SP sets.

very irritating....but getting used to what they says...can actually understand a bit with some ENGLISH.

Example

1) GPS is turn on

2) SD card not properly insert

Neutral Newbie

i serached online. seems like all korean for SP sets.

very irritating....but getting used to what they says...can actually understand a bit with some ENGLISH.

Example

1) GPS is turn on

2) SD card not properly insert

thanks, ur Korean decoder is Gd.

I remember I read somewhere that the voice files are stored somewhere in the card. Hidden I think.

can't find the link Liao.

Anyone find these 2 video qualities fine or is there something wrong with the cam DVR? looks extremely grainy and tons of noise in the recordings. Using normal brightness setting on ITB-100HD. 1080P 24fps.