Direct Sellers pretending to be Dealers?

Soya

Or vice-versa. Been seening plenty of "direct owner" ads on sgcarmart wif such descriptions:

"Confirm Loan Approval For Bad Credit/Ex Bankruptcy"

"Can Arrange For Balloon Screen, Monthly Installment From $398"

"Bank Interest Rate At 1.88%, Full In House Loan Available"

Hmmm.....wonder if some of those scumbag dealers are selling as "direct owner" to avoid the Lemon Law?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

In the eyes of the law, it shouldn't matter. Just like for property if you transact beyond a certain amount of properties in a given time frame, you are considered a property trader.

The caveat is and always will be, how far are you willing to go.

• Praise 1

Or vice-versa. Been seening plenty of "direct owner" ads on sgcarmart wif such descriptions:

"Confirm Loan Approval For Bad Credit/Ex Bankruptcy"

"Can Arrange For Balloon Screen, Monthly Installment From $398"

"Bank Interest Rate At 1.88%, Full In House Loan Available"

Hmmm.....wonder if some of those scumbag dealers are selling as "direct owner" to avoid the Lemon Law?

Dealers have done much worse things, this is nothing.

• Praise 1

becos it cost more to post ads as dealers

izit? thot they got discounts maciam when property agent advertise on ST?

Dealers advertisement is very cheap, but a lot of them are selling on consignment and only make from insurance and car loan commission. may be that is why they advertise as direct owner. in effect, they act as a broker. That's how I sold my car recently.

• Praise 1

Some tell-tale signs for dealers posting as direct sellers:

1. Google the telephone number. If it appears more than once, it is more likely to be a dealer. Not as if normal people always sell their cars.

2. Ask about "the car". If response is "which car?", then it is a dealer. Not as if normal people have so many cars to sell that they don't know which.

3. See the photos of the car. For me, dead giveaway, even before you need to call, is if background is turf city or textile centre [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Some tell-tale signs for dealers posting as direct sellers:

1. Google the telephone number. If it appears more than once, it is more likely to be a dealer. Not as if normal people always sell their cars.

2. Ask about "the car". If response is "which car?", then it is a dealer. Not as if normal people have so many cars to sell that they don't know which.

3. See the photos of the car. For me, dead giveaway, even before you need to call, is if background is turf city or textile centre [laugh]

LOL... last time i did ask before but the "direct seller" claim that he got 2 car to sell, tats why ask which car [rolleyes][laugh]

• Praise 1

Aiya, what's new? We have got underage girl pretending to be pro. 50over men got conned.

Pretend here, pretend there, ppl can make a living. Pian jiak pian jiak lor.

• Praise 1

been receiving a lot of flyers from brokers (with only the dealer name, no company listed) at my hdb carpark. these dealers could be cash rich that after they make full payment to take over vehicles, they advertise the vehicles again under direct owners. possible or not?

• Praise 1