Driver's car seat turn left when adjusting

Meanmachine

Folks,

My E200 Kompressor driver's electric seat turn left when adjusting forward / backward, culd it be the cable' roller jammed or the motor faulty . . .

Sent my car in for a quote, mechanic dismantled and say the whole motor mechanism is faulty, it comes in a package, damage is approx $1K, while a second opinion say could be the cable faulty only $100+, but he ask'd me to come back next week as he was busy with some work ( No dismantling done ). I was thinking of going back to C&C for their expert opinion.

Any MCF brothers have similar issue ? Appreciate your input / feedback. Thanks a heap !

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Folks,

My E200 Kompressor driver's electric seat turn left when adjusting forward / backward, culd it be the cable' roller jammed or the motor faulty . . .

Sent my car in for a quote, mechanic dismantled and say the whole motor mechanism is faulty, it comes in a package, damage is approx $1K, while a second opinion say could be the cable faulty only $100+, but he ask'd me to come back next week as he was busy with some work ( No dismantling done ). I was thinking of going back to C&C for their expert opinion.

Any MCF brothers have similar issue ? Appreciate your input / feedback. Thanks a heap !

had a similar experience but not car seat

mechanic say suspect something minor

then he open it

say big problem

then how to escape

in the end paid for a full job

so be sure you make it clear to mechanic

if not cable - no charge

then you can go anywhere you like after that

had a similar experience but not car seat

mechanic say suspect something minor

then he open it

say big problem

then how to escape

in the end paid for a full job

so be sure you make it clear to mechanic

if not cable - no charge

then you can go anywhere you like after that

Thx mate, I want to hear more feedbacks, then I make a decision, after all, Merc car can be repair easily, it is not the engine / technology, can still drive safely.

I like to announce that my car driver seat was finally repaired at a fraction of the price quoted by C&C.

Instead of getting C&C to dismantled, change whole set of battery/ cable , my repair man simply give me an estimate quote of ard $150+-/ went down on Monday morn, by 4pm later the repair was done, total damage was less than $150/.

Cut the long story short, C&C interest is to CHANGE part as and when necessary, thy do not trouble-shoot your problem, so I went to the next best alternative/s, identify the main problem whereby out-source cushion-seat expert man can solve problem at ease.

No fuss and no hassle !

↡ Advertisement