Pretty Kleptomanic Gal In Hot Soup AGAIN!!

Vulcann

This kleptomanic pretty gal is once again in trouble and asked for, what else, probation again [shakehead] [shakehead]

This time round she was caught cheating of SGD110,700 instead of stealing.

There were other charges as well according to the news.

Her previous case/s: http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/AsiaOne%...725-290861.html

In previous cases the kind judge/s sentenced her to probations twice but it seems like she still has not learnt her lesson.

Sorry only zaobao's Mandarin version now.

Will try to upload the ang mo version once available:

美女工程师 又偷名牌货

(2012-10-24 1555)

(联合早报网讯)屡偷名牌货的美女工程师又犯案,承认骗6个总值11万的名牌包包后,要求判缓刑监视!

这名前工程师吴丽莹(31岁),在过去6年来屡次偷窃,虽屡获缓刑监视,却一再回到法庭。

她这次共面对4项控状,指她在去年9月和11月间,以

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

maybe my standards are too high .. but she dont look pretty to me ><

anyway this time, hopefully the judge will throw the book at her. how many times can give chance sia.

maybe my standards are too high .. but she dont look pretty to me ><

anyway this time, hopefully the judge will throw the book at her. how many times can give chance sia.

i think we have the same standard! :D but then i dont drive a gtr" [:(]

She is really pityful.

She is suffering from a kind of mental illness that there isn't any effective medicine to take

I feel for her love ones around.

Turbocharged

i think we have the same standard! :D but then i dont drive a gtr" [:(]

^5 same standard. lol.

maybe your standard for car higher than me le ... gtr is a beng car ma :D

^5 same standard. lol.

maybe your standard for car higher than me le ... gtr is a beng car ma :D

u got see my sad face anot? dont care beng anot...as long as u happy can oredy. if got money i sure buy one n gibe a vroom vroom everday i drive into my ofis carpark. especially when they play the anthem! [laugh] [laugh]

I know Singapore isn't exactly chiobu fantasy land, but at this rate, pretty/chio will lost its intended meaning, joining the likes of words like 'Talent', 'sacrifice', 'affordable'.

How many probations is she going to get? No jail? If she wants to be cured, she must be punished. Only with punishment will she be able to remind herself she cannot do it again even if there is an urge. Many men have urge too but you don't see them going around raping everyone they see because there is a high price to pay.

The probation is sending a wrong signal to her that she can get off every time she do something wrong as long as her mental problem is there. [whip]

So she cheated 3 char bors in believing that she paid for their Hermes bags when she didn't. Didn't know Hermes is 爱马仕.

Scratching my head trying to figure out WTF is 爱马仕 also.

Guan lai si Hermes... -_-

OK as promised the ang mo version:

From CNA: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1233288/1/.html

Woman pleads guilty to cheating others of branded bags

By Leong Wai Kit | Posted: 24 October 2012 2234 hrs

SINGAPORE: A woman who has a mental disorder and a string of previous theft offences has pleaded guilty to three charges of cheating and one charge of misusing another person's identity card.

Goh Lee Yin, 31, admitted to cheating three women between September and November last year, of their branded bags worth S$110,700.

She also admitted to unlawfully using another person's identity card to register for a pre-paid mobile phone card.

Goh was found to have kleptomania in 2007, when she was convicted of theft.

She re-offended twice in 2011.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Amardeep Singh proceeded with two cheating charges against Goh, and took the other charges into consideration.

Goh had committed those two offences in October and Novermber last year.

She contacted the women - Ms Cindy Lestari, 21 and Ms Lynette Ong, 35 - who had advertised online to sell their Hermes bags.

Goh cheated Ms Lestari and Ms Ong of bags worth a total of S$97,000.

Goh had emailed them using fake names, and showed them fake bank transfer screen-grabs, which she had saved on her smartphone.

On Tuesday, the court examined reports from various doctors that showed Goh also had a form of impulse control disorder.

Goh's lawyer, Mr Wendell Wong urged the court to be compassionate, and not to give up on her.

In mitigation, he said the issue was in deciding on an appropriate sentence for Goh, as sentences must fit the offender.

Mr Wong noted one of Goh's medical reports, where a doctor said he had not come across a case such as Goh's, in his "vast experience" as a medical practitioner.

Mr Wong said Goh's "mental state is exceedingly critical for the court's consideration".

However, Mr Singh argued that Goh had not made use of her second and third chances to stay crime-free.

He noted that while Goh needed help, there is a need to protect the public.

Mr Singh urged for a jail term, arguing the public will be "vulnerable with such a person left on the streets".

Goh's case will be heard again on November 23.

- CNA/xq

Hmmm, kleptomania diagnosed when she was 26 when she was convicted of theft. Sudden convenient onset or she just gotten away with it for a long time before then? I don't buy the kleptomania excuse, the whole fraud with the fake names/emails and bank transfers is not a "sudden impulse". If she got nicked for repeated shoplifting like most kleptomaniacs do then maybe got excuse.

Some jail time will be good for her, might assist in her "rehabilitation" as the experience might be more powerful than the urges of her sticky fingers. As long as she keeps getting away with it she will take it for granted and keep doing it.

Ever since she was caught shoplifting and photos of hers appeared everywhere I think luxury good shops recognise her if she were to step foot into their premises. So now she has resort to cheating online. One way is to prevent her from owning any device that can go online, put up her photo at shops that provide internet services. Not a good idea to sent her to jail again coz she will just mix with bad company and may learn more bad ways. Or a more extreme move is to lock her up in IMH indefintely.

↡ Advertisement