Legal to fish at Kallang river?

Ruriimasu

Saw a couple of old men fish at kallang river, the stretch from behind the upper boon keng road. Is it legal to fish there? they caught a couple of good size fish as well, looked like a good past time when bored. Any idea if the fish is safe for consumption?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

u hv 2 qtns here ^_^

ok, my booty was not fish but crab, nvr been warned or anything by patrol car.

i am still alive after consuming it so guess the fishes are safe for consumption. n that was many yrs ago.

Saw a couple of old men fish at kallang river, the stretch from behind the upper boon keng road. Is it legal to fish there? they caught a couple of good size fish as well, looked like a good past time when bored. Any idea if the fish is safe for consumption?

Yes you can but must clear up after fishing and by not throwing unwanted things into the river. [sly]

I think if the fish can survive it should be safe for consumption la....

Passing time perhaps, but could be more of a meal hunt for them.

I've seen them basically everywhere the river runs and fish are spotted.

For these fishing ah peks, last thing in their mind is whether it's legal or not.

fishes in open sea eat alot of rubbish too.....

if they dun look weird and still alive while being caught, should be safe

i've seen banglas use net to fish at the canal behind safra jurong.

they caught a lot of large sized, flattish fish (dunno the type but looks tasty. well anything looks tasty after running)

I think they can only catch local snakeheads, Tilapias (pui [furious] , lousy eating fish) or tou sats (catfishes, even lousier [knife] tasting fish).

Ever saw a man caught a small alligator gar before near my place.

Didn't know such a ferocious fish exist in local rivers [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Must have been dumped by a pet owner...

Well to answer your question yes they can be eaten safely but the question is will you be able to swallow mud tasting fishes?

Edited by Vulcann

I think they can only catch local snakeheads, Tilapias (pui [furious] , lousy eating fish) or tou sats (catfishes, even lousier [knife] tasting fish).

Ever saw a man caught a small alligator gar before near my place.

Didn't know such a ferocious fish exist in local rivers [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Must have been dumped by a pet owner...

Well to answer your question yes they can be eaten safely but the question is will you be able to swallow mud tasting fishes?

catfish ok leh :blink:

catfish ok leh :blink:

Bro this type le:

clarias.png

Source: http://www.istorya.net/forums/pet-discussi...ormation-8.html

& not the expensive Pak Suk Kung variety:

P1100371a.jpg

Source: http://perutbesi.blogspot.sg/2010/04/steam...urant-kota.html

One of the worst tasting fish no matter how you prepare it although I know some folks like to cook it using sambal or asam to make it more palatable.

Last time in kampong whenever we boys caught pond fishes such as these clowns, we would pass them to our parents who in turn cooked them to feed the pigs.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Vulcann

fishes in open sea eat alot of rubbish too.....

if they dun look weird and still alive while being caught, should be safe

At least open sea/kallang fish eat rubbish...bedok res fish eat human waste wor :o

Aiya, in the open sea, shipping vessels dump all kind of waste/faeces also. Sometimes even got oil spill. Look at the recent nuclear disaster at Fukushima, radiation pollution. Ppl also like to eat lobsters & crabs and they are scavengers of the sea bed eating mostly dead flesh of fishes and what's not. Compare that to Kallang River I think the fishes and crabs are better off here.

Eversince they converted the whole river to a reservoir, it is illegal to fish there. If kena caught by PUB staff, 1st time warning, then second time S$50 fine and above. I used to run my r/c boats ard there and PUB staff will walk up n check.

I do see ppl still fish illegally there and sell the fish to ah nei. S$1-2 per fish, the size of my hands. Somewhere near ICA building there. They usually just put a hand line and tie to the railing and walk away nearby to wait for the catch. So if PUB guy appear, PUB also cannot link the fishing line to them. Its a cat n mouse game. I just keep quiet n observe only.

However two weeks ago, at lower seletar reservoir, at the r/c boat deck, one guy was illegal fishing there when I reach. When I put my boat in the water, I told him my metal props will cut ur line, he told me why I must play here, cannot play there meh. This boat deck I personally wrote to PUB many many times to request for it and its a place for us to play our boats not for fishing. A huge sign there stated for playing boats and no fishing, with a PUB hotline number to dial.

I heck care, just run my boat. If my props cut ur line, too bad. He quickly keep his line n left. Some ppl can be so unreasonable. A mth back some poly gina also fish there, but when I ran my boat, they keep their lines and were more interested in my r/c boats!!! [laugh]

post-2654-1351125766_thumb.jpg

I heck care, just run my boat. If my props cut ur line, too bad. He quickly keep his line n left. Some ppl can be so unreasonable. A mth back some poly gina also fish there, but when I ran my boat, they keep their lines and were more interested in my r/c boats!!! [laugh]

the poly kids lose their sight of goal because of you

some family could well be losing a sumptuous meal.. j/k [laugh]

↡ Advertisement