Volkswagen Passat 1.8

Ario

I see. Any reason why you recommend the Skoda Superb?

Downtime as in maintenance? That is what I am afraid of... 

Frankly, I think Skoda Superb is value for $. Bigger is space and power. I nearly sign on the dot until i sat of the passat. [;)] test drive the cars on 2 different occasions. I have sensitive ear and butt  [:p] . The Superb cabin isn't as conducive. Road noise and vibration differs quite a bit.

I initially thought they are of similar build quality, the Germans are definitely better. [nod]  

So, depends what you are looking for. There will never be a perfect car..imho. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Ytd i was at volkwagen centre. I spoken to one of the SE. He mention that the latest batch 7 speed DSG has no issue.

I was told the same words before I bought my car . But my Passat started to show transmission problem after a few months. It totally loses power on the road several times. Because it is still within warranty, I requested to extend warranty to cover the transmission issue but VW service center does not agree. Where shall I complain for my case?

• Praise 1

I was told the same words before I bought my car . But my Passat started to show transmission problem after a few months. It totally loses power on the road several times. Because it is still within warranty, I requested to extend warranty to cover the transmission issue but VW service center does not agree. Where shall I complain for my case?

Lose power several times and under warranty? You should have asked for a new gear box

Lose power several times and under warranty? You should have asked for a new gear box

One of my friends changed gear box twice and had to sell it after warranty with big money loss.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

May i ask,How old is your Car.?By the way,all Salesman are told to tell Customers the Gearbox no more Problems [thumbsup] ,they are forced to tell Lies... [furious]  [thumbsdown]

May i ask,How old is your Car.?By the way,all Salesman are told to tell Customers the Gearbox no more Problems [thumbsup] ,they are forced to tell Lies... [furious][thumbsdown]

Oh dear in this case better not buy this car. I tested today wanted to get her

Twincharged

Oh dear in this case better not buy this car. I tested today wanted to get her

Try your Luck,maybe you are better. [thumbsup]  [:)]  [laugh]

How many models are using this gearbox, all the 7 speed dsg under VWs? How about Audi's 7 s-tronic dsg?

For all Passat CC or Passat wannabes, DO NOT listen to SE saying, listen to ex-PASSAT owners and all competitors w/s boss what thy say, most are not bias , New passat is juz a  " Wolf in sheep clothing ", same or slight tweak in engine megatronic, just look at the engine thoroughly and you can see the problem within.

Why not ask 3rd party Audi/ VW mechanic ? simply if you buy Passat car, any issues with megatronic, AD will tell u too sent in yet got to fork out thousand pif dollars, thy would have more business.

Avoid the 1.8 with the seven speed DSG. The only one can consider is the 2.0 R-Line with 6 speed wet DSG. My mechanic, who has a Golf R as daily driver, says the 6 speed is reliable to about 80-90k km, but still requires transmission oil changes every 30-40k km to be safe.

My gf bought a Passat R-Line Variant a year ago. As at 9000km driven with parking in underground or shaded car parks, these issues:

-Digital fuel gauge not accurate. So ran out of petrol in first week after collected car and had to be towed. VW checked the petrol filter and gave full tank of 98 as apology. Seems the quarter tank of petrol one gets when collecting the new car causes the gauge to error. Need to go full tank immediately for the sensors to set correctly and baseline.

-Leaking windscreen seal. Total of 7 days downtime but fixed under warranty.

-Recall for cars with panoramic roof. Installed drain pipes may dislodge. 2 days downtime, but taxi vouchers provided.

Still, my gf says the interior fittings, electronic features, materials quality and driving comfort surpass her 2013 volvo v60. (But volvo v60 still feels more planted and protected when going on highway during heavy rain.)

Anyway, one can learn alot if you go to the workshops and chat with the service staff and even the customers waiting to collect their VWs.

• Praise 2

Pls give us a brief summary of your issues in point form...

Our many in-house anal-yeasts will assist u FOC..

U can thank me later

• Praise 3

Twincharged

I almost changed from jetta to passat!

Luckily i didnt! Went to buy the A class hatchback instead

Is your Jetta problem free.?If Problem Free,then can buy the Passat....anyway,Mercedes Benz A-Class are not the same Class as Passat....you should get the C-Class...

Is your Jetta problem free.?If Problem Free,then can buy the Passat....anyway,Mercedes Benz A-Class are not the same Class as Passat....you should get the C-Class...

I was a double jetta owner. First jetta GB changed at 65k. 2nd jetta no issues.. anyways, A class interior is a big “upgrade” for me.. its simply irresistible.. lol

I was a double jetta owner. First jetta GB changed at 65k. 2nd jetta no issues.. anyways, A class interior is a big âupgradeâ for me.. its simply irresistible.. lol

From your case, it seems the GB quality showed improvement
  • Praise 1

From your case, it seems the GB quality showed improvement ð... If so, Passat GB should be good ...

My butt feels tells me that they did some tuning to the car... my 2nd jetta felt slower when moving off..

I worry abt the combination of the 1.8passat and the 7speed gb.. if its a 6speed wet, I probably would have bought the passat.

From your case, it seems the GB quality showed improvement ð... If so, Passat GB should be good ...

Your 2nd Jetta, what is the mileage before you traded in ?

My 2nd jetta now also around 65k.. the old problems that i faced previously, I haven’t encounter any yet. But alot of consumers already lost confidence, plus the resale value is terrible.
  • Praise 1

Dear Guys,

Do you all have any lobang for roof lining repair?

Did a research on 8 cushion, not too sure if it's reliable.

Any advise will be helpful, appreciate.

Many Thanks.

↡ Advertisement