Volkswagen Passat 1.8

Ario

Supercharged

Even the 2012-13 version still problem ah?

Warranty gear box 5 yrs, but if spoil within warranty period, do they change a new gear box for u, or just repair, and if repair then spoil again, repair again?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I saw from the facebook today, long strings of complains on VW service and gearbox issues...

Keen to share? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Even the 2012-13 version still problem ah?

Warranty gear box 5 yrs, but if spoil within warranty period, do they change a new gear box for u, or just repair, and if repair then spoil again, repair again?

Even give you 10 years also no use,the problem is once the gearbox failed,you need to leave your car at workshop or up to 10 days,sometime no courtesy car,so what do you think.??

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Even give you 10 years also no use,the problem is once the gearbox failed,you need to leave your car at workshop or up to 10 days,sometime no courtesy car,so what do you think.??

Don't worry for them. .. They are ok with that as long they can drive their dream conti car...

Just last mth, heard a colleague talk about his next dream car. .. a jetta... He is driving a civic now.. I said, are you aware of the problematic gear box with certain vw model? ? His reply, yah heard about it but should be ok since got warranty. . I rest my case and keep quite after that. .. you know you cannot convince someone when his mind already made up. .. [:p]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Don't worry for them. .. They are ok with that as long they can drive their dream conti car...

Just last mth, heard a colleague talk about his next dream car. .. a jetta... He is driving a civic now.. I said, are you aware of the problematic gear box with certain vw model? ? His reply, yah heard about it but should be ok since got warranty. . I rest my case and keep quite after that. .. you know you cannot convince someone when his mind already made up. .. [:p]

The gearbox warranty for VW in China is 10years or 160k. It is a big issue in China. There is mentioned that the gov body may enforced WV to recall their faulty DSG.

Extracted from http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=...3258322&p=4

2012年3月以来,质检总局一直对大众DSG变速器动力中断故障问题进行跟踪调查。在开展缺陷调查和多次约谈督促下,2012年5月,大众公司将DSG变速器质量担保期延长到10年或者16万公里。

• Praise 1

yesterday i saw a van, something like " VW Mobile service or rooadside assistance " ...... what for? ( shouldn't they use unmarked vans ..hahah )

• Praise 1

yesterday i saw a van, something like " VW Mobile service or rooadside assistance " ...... what for? ( shouldn't they use unmarked vans ..hahah )

Corporate branding mah, to show the world their aftersales support very good. For conti cars, aftersales very important one 'cos for no reasons, the car may just fail to start in the next morning due to battery dying without advance notice.

Most dealers tied up with AAS, but more atas ones have own/"own" (as in outsourced with branded vans) support.

If wan to buy vw.. only buy 2.0 above not 1.4 or 1.8.. anyway as long 6 speed dsg ok but not the 7 speed dsg.. I agree vw cars are nice to drive but have to watch out symptoms for the gearbox lo.. I told myself if I wan to drive back vw again unless I take their 2.0..

• Praise 1

If wan to buy vw.. only buy 2.0 above not 1.4 or 1.8.. anyway as long 6 speed dsg ok but not the 7 speed dsg.. I agree vw cars are nice to drive but have to watch out symptoms for the gearbox lo.. I told myself if I wan to drive back vw again unless I take their 2.0..

Mai Tu Liao ... now special offer 151K for 1.8T with all the goodies thrown in.

What goodies?

Additional floor mats, a box of tissue and VW umbrella. They are so thoughtful to know that you will need it when the car breaks down. [laugh]