Noises from undercarriage

Somebody

hey guys,

i drive a lexus is250. its 6 years old and there's some noise coming from the undercarriage when i'm driving over uneven ground. sounds like something is loose, but not sure what.

any of you have had a workshop get rid of such noises for you?

thanks!!

↡ Advertisement

hey guys,

i drive a lexus is250. its 6 years old and there's some noise coming from the undercarriage when i'm driving over uneven ground. sounds like something is loose, but not sure what.

any of you have had a workshop get rid of such noises for you?

thanks!!

ask your workshop mechanic to check the lower arm busing, they may be wore out. Can replace the rubber bush. Its wear and tear over time.

Man, you'd really need a patient and meticulous mechanic to listen for undercarriage noises.

For me though, my mechanic managed to identify a part of the gearbox cover plate had caught onto the steering linkage (it was twisted out of shape slightly during replacement of the exhaust a short while ago)

It took 2 hours to identify it though...driving through the small backlanes, going up the hoist several times etc

Got me pretty worried then ha ha

Yea me too is having this problem.

Sound like'kong kong', but very soft sound.

sometimes can hear, but sometime not.

Check with WS, they said its the arm bushing,

But have to replace whole piece, can not replace just the bushing.

Any bro can recommend WS for bushing replacement?

Thanks

[:)]

yes, hard to find a patient mechanic. I had this problem too, told my mechanic sometime got sometime don't have. he just brushed it off say small problem, hard to diagnose. then say yi dian dian bu yong jing. this comes from my regular 50+ years old mechanic. went for a second opinion, this time mid-late 20s mechanic. upon hearing, immediately can diagnose the problem. told me could be the shock absorber. jack up the car show me. say need to change, but add on: if change already still have, could be another problem. I ji tao sian. told him I consider and left. been driving with the on and off king kong noise for about 1 year already. car left 3 years now, experienced it in the 6th year too

Edited by Kamikaze89

This type of sound very sian. Mine got the kong kong sound and some metal sound going on uneven road from the back. The front still got the tok tok sound when driving on uneven road even after changing all the bushing and suspension system.

Your mechanic very patient :) where?

Ok please look for Richard

648 Dunearn Rd

Please call 67418163 for an appointment

Think he wasn't able to source for the necessary parts. he said he'll source and call me back but he hasn't.

any one else have a good suggestion? =) thanks!!

Without this Wireless Electronic chasis Stethoscope, the mech will be wasting his time looking for a needle in the hay stack :D

Edited by Yeobh

My ride oso have the Kong Kong sound, change out the 4pcs of arm bushings, problem solved, at first I tried tightening the steering rack but sound still remain, workshop hoisted up the car den found grease leakage stain around the bushings. Cheaper to change bushings den the whole arm, might as well pay for after market performance bushings set like Super-pro.

Yea me too is having this problem.

Sound like'kong kong', but very soft sound.

sometimes can hear, but sometime not.

Check with WS, they said its the arm bushing,

But have to replace whole piece, can not replace just the bushing.

Any bro can recommend WS for bushing replacement?

Thanks

[:)]

Most mech wan e easy way. Just change e whole arm. Its quite trouble to just change e bushings.

If u got some tools u can diy.

yes, hard to find a patient mechanic. I had this problem too, told my mechanic sometime got sometime don't have. he just brushed it off say small problem, hard to diagnose. then say yi dian dian bu yong jing. this comes from my regular 50+ years old mechanic. went for a second opinion, this time mid-late 20s mechanic. upon hearing, immediately can diagnose the problem. told me could be the shock absorber. jack up the car show me. say need to change, but add on: if change already still have, could be another problem. I ji tao sian. told him I consider and left. been driving with the on and off king kong noise for about 1 year already. car left 3 years now, experienced it in the 6th year too

Kong kong sound usualy is shocks. If yr shocks come complete wh bushings then just change as a complete set sud end e noise.

If still hv noise then must check other bushings to identitfy which bushing worn. Change bushings in pairs. Left n right at 1 go.

I drive a 2008 mazda 3 and recently changed my front pair of lower arms bcs of rubbing plastic noise when going over hump during rainy days. The sound was gone until last week after my front brake pads were changed, the sound came back again. Went to workshop for a check.

They jack up my car and show me my undercarriage is ok. No leakage and damage. The mechanic told me it might be the new brake pad rubbing the rotor disc sound. Not convincing at all.

Any bros here know what can be the problem?

Thanks!

Time fr u to change to a better mechanic.

I suspect it might be the stabilizer control link that is worn out. Any one encounter this problem too?

↡ Advertisement