Alfa 159 Part V (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

Bro Saabre, u mentioned that this oil u using cool from 100-80 quickly

is this cooling u speak of achieve in the last 1-2k stretch of easy driving home?

i only see my olio meter go up

never down leh

Can any bros here tell me what does this mean?

"deactivating the ASR, if any, using the

relevant dashboard button and pressing

the accelerator pedal quickly flat

out, will obtain a

out, will obtain a "brilliant" start" [laugh]

means more spectacular.. i.e. burn some tire.. make some smoke..

out, will obtain a

Bro Saabre, u mentioned that this oil u using cool from 100-80 quickly

is this cooling u speak of achieve in the last 1-2k stretch of easy driving home?

i only see my olio meter go up

never down leh

Millers. 50WT

Theredstar, just to be absolutely clear, I don't know exactly if it is 1 or 2 km away, I do know that I take the last stretch home, rather easy. I don't always push the car so very hard that its at 100 all the time, nor is it exactly 80 when I reach home. its a variance, and a general guideline, not absolute figures.

And it does get up to temp and come down quicker than most other oils I've used. for a 50wt, I personally feel it is faster than before, gauging by usual check points when i look at the meter. certain junctions, certain turning points, and i glance at the oil temp, its already up, or already down. so i hope you don't take it as absolute.

my present car is not a 159, so the cooling system and other things are not the same as yours. it would react differently.

If yours is 2nd hand, best to get it checked out, serviced, oil changed... etc and then monitor from there, compared with the old fluids in the system.

ASR is the anti-slip reduction. It basically cuts the power to the front wheels to stop them slipping. If off it, will get a great wheel spin.....

Ya right. I had a wheel spin with ASR on while doing a U turn. Maybe something to do with the electronic LSD program taking priority and cancels out the ASR function.

Electronics also decided I should move off in 2nd gear one day. ASR? Not sure.

Ya right. I had a wheel spin with ASR on while doing a U turn. Maybe something to do with the electronic LSD program taking priority and cancels out the ASR function.

Electronics also decided I should move off in 2nd gear one day. ASR? Not sure.

ASR allows some wheel slip. not 0 wheel slip.

Was in rare situation just now... total of 3 AR lining up at the junction of Toh Guan Rd, waiting to turn right into Toh Guan East Rd. Front is me, behind me a maroon 159 SJS plate, behind it is a red 156 wagon (lagi rare sight).

my present car is not a 159, so the cooling system and other things are not the same as yours. it would react differently.

Does your car come with an oil cooler stock? Just curious as my ex 3.2 Busso does...

I see.....That is why it is Anti-slip Reduction. It is to reduce the anti-slip function. Viva AR!

the correct term for ASR is actually Antislip Regulation