Alfa 159 Part V (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

haha - black also hides brake dust. Now about the yellow gogs - gonna change back to white?

An replace the side repeater lenses (lensi??) with black tint ones (get them off eBay)

Yeah, the yellow fogs are back to white, I agree it was too much [nod] and didn't go well with the black car. Another touch up that I did was cover the horizontal bits of the front shield/logo with black tape, looks much better as you see only a triangle-ish outline from far. I think I will eventually do a proper carbon wrap of certain chrome bits of the car like the shield (horizontal part), and door handles ..

Edited by Count_duku

Bro, I sprayed the rims only lah the car has always been black .. Oceano Nero :D

Color of the rim is nice as well. Not too glossy and not too matt. What is the paint you use?

Black color is easier to maintain. Not obvious if you miss washing a spot on the rims. :D

Bro, I sprayed the rims only lah the car has always been black .. Oceano Nero :D

Paiseh, I didn't write properly. After seeing ur super nice n shiny black 159, I am actually wan to ask if anyone got Lobang to respray the whole car to black. I heard some shops can get 1k, but I guess the paint they use is not of gd quality. I hope can get a reasonably gd quality deep deep black at a gd price.

I jus called EA, n they quoted $3,900!!!

Paiseh, I didn't write properly. After seeing ur super nice n shiny black 159, I am actually wan to ask if anyone got Lobang to respray the whole car to black. I heard some shops can get 1k, but I guess the paint they use is not of gd quality. I hope can get a reasonably gd quality deep deep black at a gd price.

Why not try vinyl wrap? Very glossy. Easy to maintain and if you want to go back to original color it is easy. I think can do it for $1k

Wat I know generally, respray same colour for external surface is ard 1-1.2k. Change of colour will be much more, shd be considered as full body spray, internal and external. Shd cost ard 2-2.5k.

New thread, new rims color, new mirror shine .. woohoo

Black rim on our black ride is always nice!! ^_^

except for 1 thing....if ever there's a peel.....sighs.... [bigcry][bigcry]

it's super obvious, and even the smallest, slight kurb rash will be obvious from 500m away..... [sweatdrop]

I think red car goes well with gold rims [rolleyes]

YUK - tres Cina [:p]

Mind you my 1:18 model of AR 33 Stradale has goldish coloured rims - but that was genuine way back when and it does look good - but it IS a Stradale :)

Yeah, the yellow fogs are back to white, I agree it was too much [nod] and didn't go well with the black car. Another touch up that I did was cover the horizontal bits of the front shield/logo with black tape, looks much better as you see only a triangle-ish outline from far. I think I will eventually do a proper carbon wrap of certain chrome bits of the car like the shield (horizontal part), and door handles ..

If you check on eBay and elsewhere you can actually buy black grille with chrome surround - suggest you go that way - you blackout the windows too?

Color of the rim is nice as well. Not too glossy and not too matt. What is the paint you use?

Black color is easier to maintain. Not obvious if you miss washing a spot on the rims. :D

I think the spray person used Nippon pylox. This is my second coat so there are irregularities up close, I would not recommend for perfectionist types. I think the rims get quite hot, and contracts when going over puddles so you get some crack lines over time.

This one for brera lah, something chrome triangular with black mesh in the middle would be nice.

Same same - do a search under Alfa 159 and the same comes up - they are interchangeable anyhow I think

Why not try vinyl wrap? Very glossy. Easy to maintain and if you want to go back to original color it is easy. I think can do it for $1k

thnx for giving me an option!

matt black on 159 looks gd!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamersvisio...in/photostream/

but cant find matt white on 159...

its a pretty gd option for its price, but how long can it last? and maintenance hard?

↡ Advertisement