Speed camera at BKE

Donut

I drive a fit

So such issues for me as I usually drive very close to the speed limiy

You too?

Same cam on BKE towards woodlands?

I dun experience this paparazzi effect on other cams, same speed and even more traffic.

I experience quite a number of times on AYE clementi, at 90KM/H, 75KM/H and 85KM/H. Mine was a sedan. so guess there is nothing to do with the car shape..

Ahhh. so not so unusual lah.

Lucky their QC check mechanism is in place. If not tekan them until jialad!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Maybe it was a feature in the speed camera that wasnt turn on in the past because it wasnt refine enough to accurately pick out heavy vehicle annd TP knew it will generate a lot of false alarm. At least something to catch those heavy vehicle speeding now.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I think a few camera GPS data will be lower than car speedo.

Certainly is for my thinkware.

Was told that car speedo is more acurate than GPS.

No the GPS speed ( shown in car cam ) is more accurate . It is usually lower than the speed shown on your speedometer.

Car speedo will tend to " over read"  , ie register a higher speed than actual . I read somewhere that its done on purpose , because if  it " under reads" , you may think that you are driving within limits , but will actually be over the limit , and if you are booked as a result and contest the summon , there may be potential lawsuits against the manufacturer . 

• Praise 1

I think the speed cam sometimes will take photo intermittently. There's a few time I travel along SLE near mandai. There's flash but both side heavy traffic and moving slowly lor. Maybe they caught a bird zoom pass?

• Praise 2

I get flashed 30% of the time by the SLE camera. Hatchback too. Always drive first lane. It's not only me. Even at close to bumper bumper traffic (speeds of around 80), I see ppl get flashed

• Praise 2

I drive a un-modded 2008 Subaru hatch with rims original from showroom and standard sized tyres.

My daily drive is from west coast to yishun taking the BKE, mandai road to yishun central and back again. Around 6am going up and 5:30 coming back down.

On 6th Dec last year, the Cam flashed. Speedo read 90kmh and Blackvue video review showed 85kph. I know my BV is lagging by about 5 kph from previous comparison.

So i waited for my "love letter" from TP. True enough, the sahman never arrived.

Later on 29th December, again kena flashed, same direction (towards woodlands). This time i was on cruise control steady on 90kph for sometime when i approached the cam. The BV had no GPS data.

So i wrote to TP basically asking if their cam setting or my speedo setting got problem.

This is their reply;

Thank you for your feedback.

2          There could had been vehicles in the vicinity on both occasions and as such the radar had read the vehicle as a heavy vehicle. Since heavy vehicle had a lower speed limit than road speed, the camera will be triggered. However we verified all images captured by the cameras and when we see such images we will reject them. Our cameras are also monitored daily.

I am writing this today because guess what, this morning again kena flash. But true enough quite obviously the flashing is intermittent as i've been driving consistently since traffic is very light at 6am and i've been commuting for at least the last 25 business days since Dec'16.

In my opinion, for the 3 occasions, there was little to no traffic nearby that would increase the profile to be mistaken for a heavy vehicle.

Any other hatches or fellow drivers experiencing the same misfire from this particular camera?

Driving long hatch back, aka wagon.

Passed this BKE speed cam quite a number of times already, never get flashed. Always stick to speedometer, 90km/h. GPS indicate 88km/h. Both directions.

• Praise 3

This is the first generation of "Racist" Speed camera?

Truck/lorry/Bus 70kph

Sedans 90kph

Hatch 85kph

SUV 80kph

2 seaters 100kph

Lambo/ferrari/mclaren 120kph

:D

• Praise 1

Got change rim or not, maybe already +5% then speedometer already offset.

Nope. Everything same as from showroom floor. A bit tempted to ask the TP, can show how fast?

Guess what? This morning kena again!  [smash]

Should start charging royalty fees since so keen to take my photo this paparazzi.

But true enough, i was about to pass big truck on lane 3, me in lane 1.

post-155102-0-95293600-1484650134_thumb.jpg

post-155102-0-36192200-1484650143_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

These type of static speed cam cannot have the video reading of the handheld type which sure cannot escape one.

Think the hand help type uses Doppler radar and can track multiple objects simultaneously. Now new one longer range and have night vision.

So if only one flash, TP cannot differentiate which is the speeding vehicle.

Must have at least two flashes from the speed cam to see which was the faster vehicle.

• Praise 1

...But true enough, i was about to pass big truck on lane 3, me in lane 1.

Maybe can add to Vratenza - ?lane discipiline/road hogging, as lane 2 was empty....hehehe....besides

Truck/lorry/Bus 70kph

Sedans 90kph

Hatch 85kph

SUV 80kph

2 seaters 100kph

Joke aside, since your post, i think i may have similar experience at least twice, at stationary Speed camera on PIE (21km mark) ie between BKE and Eng Neo....thought its due to other "speeding" vehicles but maybe they suspect my car to be a van!  

Confirmed was just at 78km/hr speedometer, set on cruise control, (GPS shd be around 75km/hr only).

• Praise 1

I also kena on sle(woodland) ( toward cte) , not sure the front car or mine but the speed was around 80kmh only, I'm quite sure because that honda stream Infront of me slowed down when nearing the speed cam.. trigger happy and not the first time... Maybe need calibration.. Hehehe

• Praise 1

This is the first generation of "Racist" Speed camera?

Truck/lorry/Bus 70kph

Sedans 90kph

Hatch 85kph

SUV 80kph

2 seaters 100kph

limpeh drive by never ever ever kanna and speed is at 90kmh.....

and hor, it is 'CARist', not racist :grin:

Do they use the amount of motion blur to determine?

But then again the "blurr-est"  might not be able to capture the licence plate number... :D 

So want to speed better make sure go above 200kph?

(Joking niah!  I always advocate driving at speed limit.. Especially around speed cameras and white ants :secret-laugh:

These type of static speed cam cannot have the video reading of the handheld type which sure cannot escape one.

Think the hand help type uses Doppler radar and can track multiple objects simultaneously. Now new one longer range and have night vision.

So if only one flash, TP cannot differentiate which is the speeding vehicle.

Must have at least two flashes from the speed cam to see which was the faster vehicle.

Do they use the amount of motion blur to determine?

But then again the "blurr-est"  might not be able to capture the licence plate number... :D 

So want to speed better make sure go above 200kph?

(Joking niah!  I always advocate driving at speed limit.. Especially around speed cameras and white ants :secret-laugh:

200 is still a limit wat.....albeit illegal :grin:  :a-admin:

Mai hao lian..... Tiagong Hearse is 200kph limit....  :D 

The TP also understand that there are alot of people rushing for reincarnation (赶着去投胎)

limpeh drive by never ever ever kanna and speed is at 90kmh.....

and hor, it is 'CARist', not racist :grin:

Mai hao lian..... Tiagong Hearse is 200kph limit....  :D 

The TP also understand that there are alot of people rushing for reincarnation (赶着去投胎)

haaaaaaaa