Help needed on problem experienced on lexus IS250

Sei_fei_loh

Lexus like toyota, pretty reliable

Yup. The IS250 quite problem free. Just regular maintenance only.

Ours abt 5 yrs no problems at all.

↡ Advertisement

Just experienced the door panel leather trim melting issue. Did a search on google and found out that it's a common problem for 2006-2008 IS250 and that there's a service bulletin issued in the US from Lexus US and that there's also a petition for signatures for class action suit against Lexus US. Also found out that it's not just Lexus IS250 that has this problem but also some Toyota cars.

Question I have is, do you think Borneo Motors will honor replacement of the door leather trims as it is clearly a defect. I have never used any cleaning products on the leather trims and my car windows are tinted with Vkool so in normal circumstances, the leather trims should not be melting.

See following link to a video I found for info on what I'm talking about:

• Praise 1

Hi guys. I m tinking of getting a coe renewed is250. High omw attracts me. Do u guys think it's worth? I ve compared it w other Asian cars... Seems like is250 renewed coe is more worthwhile

• Praise 1

Hi guys. I m tinking of getting a coe renewed is250. High omw attracts me. Do u guys think it's worth? I ve compared it w other Asian cars... Seems like is250 renewed coe is more worthwhile

Must find a low mileage one.

Just experienced the door panel leather trim melting issue. Did a search on google and found out that it's a common problem for 2006-2008 IS250 and that there's a service bulletin issued in the US from Lexus US and that there's also a petition for signatures for class action suit against Lexus US.  Also found out that it's not just Lexus IS250 that has this problem but also some Toyota cars.

Question I have is, do you think Borneo Motors will honor replacement of the door leather trims as it is clearly a defect.  I have never used any cleaning products on the leather trims and my car windows are tinted with Vkool so in normal circumstances, the leather trims should not be melting. 

See following link to a video I found for info on what I'm talking about:

Lexus soft touch is known to have problems.

My IS200 also had the same melting/sticky dash issue.

Couldn't stand it and sold it.

Very good car otherwise.

Heard the facelifted IS250 managed to solve the problem.

COE renewed? The OMV doesn't matter much. As there is no parf value left..

• Praise 2

Lexus soft touch is known to have problems.

My IS200 also had the same melting/sticky dash issue.

Couldn't stand it and sold it.

Very good car otherwise.

Heard the facelifted IS250 managed to solve the problem.

Recently,my frd bought a 9yrs old IS250 n also faced this melting dashboard problem. He sent it to AD n got a FOC replacement n a full car checkup. Got some minor issues n they were chilled abt it whether to repair at AD or outside WS.Provided with the list of defects too..

Super good service..

• Praise 1

Recently,my frd bought a 9yrs old IS250 n also faced this melting dashboard problem. He sent it to AD n got a FOC replacement n a full car checkup. Got some minor issues n they were chilled abt it whether to repair at AD or outside WS.Provided with the list of defects too..

Super good service..

Wow borneo so charitable ? Gd to hear. Did u at least pay labour?

seems like its a well know issue....my friend's RX350 dashboard cracked too by the 9th year.

When he traded in the car to buy a new car(another brand), the SE asked him about it even without inspecting his car

[sweatdrop]

Wow borneo so charitable ? Gd to hear. Did u at least pay labour?

No need to pay a single cent but delivery is 1 month..

Lexus really knows how to make a customer happy

• Praise 4

why would anyone want to pay that road tax? 2.7k on 5th year... 

No need to pay a single cent but delivery is 1 month..
Lexus really knows how to make a customer happy

Neutral Newbie

My lexus today suddenly got smoke come out from the left hand side of the bonnet (below the battery area). We just service the car last week and such thing happen. Any idea what is the problem?

• Praise 1

My lexus today suddenly got smoke come out from the left hand side of the bonnet (below the battery area). We just service the car last week and such thing happen. Any idea what is the problem?

Never send for repair? Asking ppl here based on your generic symptoms is like googling for cure with keyword "I feel unwell"
  • Praise 1