11-year-old investigated for false bomb threat

Stooky

An 11-year-old boy is being investigated for allegedly posting a false statement on Channel NewsAsia's Facebook page about a bomb blast on the MRT network between Buona Vista station and Outram Park station.

A member of the public who spotted the post reported it to the police.

The police were able to identify the person who made the post. Investigations against the suspect are still ongoing.

Anyone found guilty of transmitting a false or fabricated message relating to a bomb may be punished with a fine of up to S$50,000, or imprisonment of up to 7 years, or both.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews...102-381170.html

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

wondering who he learn from?

From the trolls, cynics, anti-establishment and keyboard heros from various local forums loh....

If my it was my son, I would not hesitate to let the police to take him away..

it would be something wrong with how you raise him -_-

Edited by Jman888

If my it was my son, I would not hesitate to let the police to take him away..

Come on! He is only 11 not 21. Yes he made a mistake but he was just cracking a joke. A rather stupid childish joke.. Police came to his school and took him away for questioning. Personally I think they should just talk to the kid in school and warn him instead of creating such a big case out of it.

If you got a son or daughter at his age and because of a silly childish mistake be take to central police station for hours. Think about it n see how you feel. A child is a child they are not adult. We can try our best but when they are in school with friends. At times they do some childish silly things, it's part of growing up but we shouldn't treat them like adult.

This is a serious matter that involved a lot of resources and tax payer's monies. If any 11 yr old can make prank call and irresponsible posting, then the country's policemen will be running on wild goose chase.

Come on! He is only 11 not 21. Yes he made a mistake but he was just cracking a joke. A rather stupid childish joke.. Police came to his school and took him away for questioning. Personally I think they should just talk to the kid in school and warn him instead of creating such a big case out of it.

If you got a son or daughter at his age and because of a silly childish mistake be take to central police station for hours. Think about it n see how you feel. A child is a child they are not adult. We can try our best but when they are in school with friends. At times they do some childish silly things, it's part of growing up but we shouldn't treat them like adult.

you do know that in other countries, some of them are already holding guns at that age

what if alot 11yr old make prank call or threat... and one day it becomes real...

wtf? people dont learn?

it sure is good to be a kid, sure get away with it, like the 15 year old victim of abuse by his female teacher.

you do know that in other countries, some of them are already holding guns at that age

what if alot 11yr old make prank call or threat... and one day it becomes real...

Fully agree and to add, if only warning given, kids might take it as a joke and maybe even start daring each other to make false alarms cos qt most talk a bit only

Fully agree and to add, if only warning given, kids might take it as a joke and maybe even start daring each other to make false alarms cos qt most talk a bit only

i agree... we should jail them and ensure they remember this lesson for the rest of their lives so they will never repeat it again

best if we can put a tattoo "T" for terrorist or "P" for prankster on the side of their forehead

Edited by Ngck

This is a serious matter that involved a lot of resources and tax payer's monies. If any 11 yr old can make prank call and irresponsible posting, then the country's policemen will be running on wild goose chase.

Ha police not tat stoopid to deploy base on any ah Kao ah neow info.

All of us will be jokes if stern actions are not demonstrated. We will find kids jokes on bomb hoaxes sprouting here and there. And because of that, people get frustrated, unrest, angry and panick when trains, plane services and even businesses or all kinds of services gets disrupted as and when because we failed in our due diligence to sent strong deterence message across to everyone.

Such things are a taboo to dabble with and there is no reason for that. Everyone should bear it in mind. If not, he or she just have to face the music.

Edited by Renegade777

All of us will be jokes if stern actions are not demonstrated. We will find kids jokes on bomb hoaxes sprouting here and there. And because of that, people get frustrated, unrest, angry and panick when trains, plane services and even businesses or all kinds of services gets disrupted as and when because we failed in our due diligence to sent strong deterence message across to everyone.

Such things are a taboo to dabble with and there is no reason for that. Everyone should bear it in mind. If not, he or she just have to face the music.

Well! he didn't call to joke about a bomb. He commented the MRT broke down a day ago was due to a bomb.

It is not a bomb hoaxes. Why can't we be more forgiving to a pri 4 kid.

↡ Advertisement