What is your guess this time?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. After 3 weeks of gap,

• Both A and B up
    • Both A and B down
    • A up, B down
    • A down, B up
    • I do not care

Next COE Open Bidding Exercise Starts on 05/11/2012 12:00 hrs, Ends on 07/11/2012 16:00 hrs

Quota for A is 395 (Presently @ 71,001$)

Quota for B is 350 (Presently @ 85,801$)

Quota for E is 244 (Presently @ 87,000$)

All the best to those bidding this time!

↡ Advertisement

Think both will trend up, 3 weeks interval and the usual end of year sales quota rush.....

wonder why so many people bid for high price... just to give extra $$ to the LTA

[:(]

Neutral Newbie

3 weeks interval Always will make the COE rise upwards due to extra week of bookings received.

Of course the huge year end bonus and CNY show-off season will push the COE demand higher.

Year end is never a good time to expect low COE.

Or year end is the BEST time to get good deals from car dealers who have to meet the yearly allocation quota fulfillment.

It's always wiser for those interested to get 'cheaper' COE to self bid on the week after the CNY.

3 weeks interval Always will make the COE rise upwards due to extra week of bookings received.

Of course the huge year end bonus and CNY show-off season will push the COE demand higher.

Or year end is the BEST time to get good deals from car dealers who have to meet the yearly allocation quota fulfillment.

It's always wiser for those interested to get 'cheaper' COE to self bid on the week after the CNY.

Normally you get good deal from PML during year end!

you mean the further quota cuts next year has no impact? [:/]

more amazing is so. Many jobless. Still no effect on the economy.

I guess those work permit holder that were not renewed is takng effect for the economy.

Neutral Newbie

In my years of observing the COE trend......quota cut does have impact of course on the COE price.

But the fear factor played by salesperson, has the bigger impact on the COE trend.

The car buying numbers are quite stable actually. Because if the numbers of car buyers are increasing and demand not met, then in theory the number of bidders each subsequent month will accumulate higher and higher. Just say if each month really there are 200 more willing car buyers than then number of quota available, then by right there will be 2400 unsatisfied car buyers at the end of each year.

Does this group of car buyers simply just gave up or disappeared? Over the past 20 years of COE bidding, this group of people have somehow reach a pandemic figure.

The argument of elasticity in theory will matce the supply. But how many car buyers actually FAILED to get their dream cars after 6bids?

If these imaginary 200 car buyers have the ability and money to buy the car at the advertised price at time of booking, then WHAT will stop them from eventually getting the car? In recent times, I have not heard of my friends not getting their new car due to failed 6bids.

My argument is if the demand is really greater than the quota numbers(which we are led to believe due to the sky high COE price), WHERE exactly does the excess yearly 2400 unsatisfied car buyers went?

Some say forced to buy second hand cars?

Any SE here can pichar lobang to say what is the rate of car buyers NOT getting their COE after six bids and got their $$$ refunded, in 2012?

In summary, if there are not many refunded case, then why are so many car buyers suckered to pay sky high COE price for their car, when somehow the SUPPLY is matching the DEMAND.

The COE spike comes about mainly because more of the buying pool, decided to push forward their purchase and buy it early due to good promotions or anticipating COE price hike, etc.

Such self fullfilling psychology, is the main cause and effect of the HIGH COE price currently.

In my years of observing the COE trend......quota cut does have impact of course on the COE price.

But the fear factor played by salesperson, has the bigger impact on the COE trend.

The car buying numbers are quite stable actually. Because if the numbers of car buyers are increasing and demand not met, then in theory the number of bidders each subsequent month will accumulate higher and higher. Just say if each month really there are 200 more willing car buyers than then number of quota available, then by right there will be 2400 unsatisfied car buyers at the end of each year.

Does this group of car buyers simply just gave up or disappeared? Over the past 20 years of COE bidding, this group of people have somehow reach a pandemic figure.

The argument of elasticity in theory will matce the supply. But how many car buyers actually FAILED to get their dream cars after 6bids?

If these imaginary 200 car buyers have the ability and money to buy the car at the advertised price at time of booking, then WHAT will stop them from eventually getting the car? In recent times, I have not heard of my friends not getting their new car due to failed 6bids.

My argument is if the demand is really greater than the quota numbers(which we are led to believe due to the sky high COE price), WHERE exactly does the excess yearly 2400 unsatisfied car buyers went?

Any SE here can pichar lobang to say what is the rate of car buyers NOT getting their COE after six bids and got their $$$ refunded, in 2012?

In summary, if there are not many refunded case, then why are so many car buyers suckered to pay sky high COE price for their car, when somehow the SUPPLY is matching the DEMAND.

The COE spike comes about mainly because more of the buying pool, decided to push forward their purchase and buy it early due to good promotions or anticipating COE price hike, etc.

Such self fullfilling psychology, is the main cause and effect of the HIGH COE price currently.

I think it is much easier to vote this govt out and rejig the transport policy without the ghosts in white meddling with the dollar factor. What's the point of paying sky-high amount when what we still get is congestion?

We definitely can do better, paying less and getting lesser congestion. The problem is they just don't know how to do it, not that it cannot be done. There are many talented ppl out there with good solutions who are turned off by the indecent greed of million dollar salaries that will not offer their ideas.

Penny wise, pound foolish this regime?

I think it is much easier to vote this govt out and rejig the transport policy without the ghosts in white meddling with the dollar factor. What's the point of paying sky-high amount when what we still get is congestion?

We definitely can do better, paying less and getting lesser congestion. The problem is they just don't know how to do it, not that it cannot be done. There are many talented ppl out there with good solutions who are turned off by the indecent greed of million dollar salaries that will not offer their ideas.

LIKE !

you forgot about the second hand car market. If you drive around all the 2nd hand car marts there are thousands of cars being held by dealers... damn greedy dealers... hoping to make 10-20k per car. I am certain some dealers with the cash to hold will hold out this storm but a lot of small timers either will start to cut/reduce their fleet or close shop. In due time these unsold second hand cars will either be sold or be exported and hence contributing to the COE quota. I don't think it will *all* suddenly scrap at the end of 2015/2016.

What are these suggestions?!

Year end coming and plenty pples got $$$$ to spare and also planning for new car for new year.... -_-

So my prediction for COE is all classes 'Up' ... [:(]

6 figures - HUAT AHHHHHH....

Seriously, I not surprised if this round we see $100k...

every1 so focused on US election.

i am surprised whole morning no one mentioned a word on the best revenue source in the world:

the imaginary paper.