MPV Allegedly Involved In Hit-&-Run Incident Ended At MBS

Vulcann

Another "collision" :o

This time round the MPV driver culprit very balant and did a hit-&-run stunt even being stopped by the father of the victim.

Best part is this joker ended at MBS.

Rushing there to place bets perhaps?

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-...clists-20121107

Effective penalties needed against motorists colliding with cyclists

Published on Nov 07, 2012

I WAS cycling behind my son at 6.50am on a weekday when he was involved in a collision with a car - a multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) - along Nicoll Highway at Republic Ave.

A bus driver who was behind my son was quick to stop to offer assistance, but the MPV driver sped away. When I caught up with him, he denied that a collision occurred, and sped off when the lights turned green.

I called 999 after trying the Traffic Police hotline without receiving a reply.

The ambulance and the police came shortly, and medical aid was given to my son, who had bruises on his right arm and leg, and who was left with a partly damaged bicycle.

No traffic policeman was dispatched to track down the driver and I was informed later that the driver and the car was found at Marina Bay Sands.

The law does not do enough to protect cyclists, and the penalties are too light to deter errant drivers.

The insurance will pay for the damage, and an errant driver gets off all too lightly.

The fact that my son's injury was not severe should not mean that the penalty need be less punitive if the driver is found to have erred, and certainly not if he remains in denial and unrepentant about his role in an accident.

Mohamed Salim Mohd Amin

↡ Advertisement

becos last time all the hit n run culprits at most fine only... so no one gives a s--t now

.......but for the basic courtesy, as a human, these drivers should stop and help. I will cancel their licenses for life if power is given to me.

Cyclist managed to catch up with a MPV that sped off :blink:

Caught up at the traffic lights. Says that the lights went green when driver denied and sped off.

Dun understand what he meant by 'The law does not do enough to protect cyclists'.

This is a clear hit and run incident, what has the law got anything to do with this?

Cycling at Nicole highway?

i nearly hit a cyclist too , it doesn't signal, and it speed damm fast and it is dark in the night.(doesnt equip with lights)

damm , driving in sg is damm stress

becos last time all the hit n run culprits at most fine only... so no one gives a s--t now

Christopher Lee got went in leh....

Christopher lee is drink driving.

Christopher is guilty of both la: -

SINGAPORE: MediaCorp actor Christopher Lee has been sentenced to four weeks in jail on charges relating to drink-driving.

He has also been fined S$4,500 and is disqualified from driving for three years.

His offences included causing injury to a motorcyclist and his pillion rider in a hit-and-run accident.

Lee arrived in court Thursday morning, accompanied by his lawyer and manager.

In passing his sentence, District Judge Terence Chua said Lee knew he had caused an accident, and could not be excused from failing to stop and check.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../275329/1/.html

.......but for the basic courtesy, as a human, these drivers should stop and help. I will cancel their licenses for life if power is given to me.

Agree.

Especially if there are injuries.

At least render assistance to the victim.

Right of way or not let mata or insurance decide.

If one tries to chabok sure kena labelled hit-&-run a**hole....