Need soundproofing advices

Usamomo

My personal experience with soundproofing is that it should only be done with an expensive In Car Entertainment setup.

In this scenario, the greatest benefit is the reduction of the panel vibrations - something which will definitely spoil the music.

If soundproofing just for the sake of reducing external noise, then I would not recommend soundproofing. There is only marginal benefit. Plus it is like chasing the dragon..you soundproof, your turn down the radio, and then you hear some rattles. And then you soundproof more, and then you hear other rattles or road noise. At the end of the whole project, you are out of pocket by SGD 2k and what have you achieved? There is still sound coming in though the windows....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

My personal experience with soundproofing is that it should only be done with an expensive In Car Entertainment setup.

In this scenario, the greatest benefit is the reduction of the panel vibrations - something which will definitely spoil the music.

If soundproofing just for the sake of reducing external noise, then I would not recommend soundproofing. There is only marginal benefit. Plus it is like chasing the dragon..you soundproof, your turn down the radio, and then you hear some rattles. And then you soundproof more, and then you hear other rattles or road noise. At the end of the whole project, you are out of pocket by SGD 2k and what have you achieved? There is still sound coming in though the windows....

I'm second to this ………….. road surfaces and tire types factors in the source of "sound" coming from. 

Sound proofing or deafening shall add weights into the existing car load. 

• Praise 1

Let see what Scott say :

It consist of 2 part.

Sound deaderner and acoustic treatment.

Sound Proofing is a very lose term which is widely using.

Edited by Meemee

Ok I just remembered.

I have the shop done up the rubber seal on the 4 door openings for around 50 plus all inclusive.

On top of it during one of my regular car wash woth my friend I brought a roll from him for 30 plus dollars. He talk until got dragon / peacock.hahaha. so I used that roll to run on the 4 doors itself as close as to the edges as possible. The balance of it I used for my kitchen window!

Neutral Newbie

What is the average amount people spend on soundproofing the 4 doors?

Or maybe undercarriage, wheel arches and roof?

Just curious cos I would think spending anything above $500 to get this done is too expensive.

...if you dare to DIY you can order from aliexpress, will probably cost less then $150 for whole car..imo

Do be mindfull of the product qlty

Just curious cos I would think spending anything above $500 to get this done is too expensive.

Check out on carosell... Some is freelance

Well not only door..

The most often overlook area is actually the spare tyres...

I find it contribute the most noise....