ST Forum: 90mins To Get Hot Drink On Qantas-After Asking 3x

Vulcann

There is a weight limit per luggage ; cant remember what weight. The rule is to ease the burden on the baggage handlers.

arh...... ok that make sense [laugh] [laugh] dun want the poor old man to carry the heavy bag [:(]

↡ Advertisement

There is a weight limit per luggage ; cant remember what weight. The rule is to ease the burden on the baggage handlers.

I guess those baggage handlers also throw your baggage la, esp if it is heavy. [rolleyes]

qantas is already pretty decent in their services....try taking american airlines (AA) or even united....long haul flight is an absolute torture. The stewardess aunties will scream at you and make you feel like a little boy.

qantas is already pretty decent in their services....try taking american airlines (AA) or even united....long haul flight is an absolute torture. The stewardess aunties will scream at you and make you feel like a little boy.

Why UA cabin crew scream at you? [:/] I took their flight once only, not much impression on their service, but i remember the security very tight on baggage.

She got her hot drink half an hour later.

I asked for plain water twice and was given shortly in my Qantas flight to Australia from Singapore. But the third time i asked, the male angmo steward said when he pointed at the water dispenser behind: you see this dispenser? you bring your cup and take water from there.

OMG, service so bad right? That time i was young don't know how to complain. I never take Qantas ever since.

She got her hot drink half an hour later.

I asked for plain water twice and was given shortly in my Qantas flight to Australia from Singapore. But the third time i asked, the male angmo steward said when he pointed at the water dispenser behind: you see this dispenser? you bring your cup and take water from there.

OMG, service so bad right? That time i was young don't know how to complain. I never take Qantas ever since.

Ya lor... Many in Service line forgot their how to service! -_-

Why UA cabin crew scream at you? [:/] I took their flight once only, not much impression on their service, but i remember the security very tight on baggage.

Was with my colleague to US and he told the air stewardess that he has been waiting for his drink for quite a while ...the stewardess replied that she is still waiting for her pension and so ....please cont waiting for your drink!

Need to carry one so that can weight the luggage in the hotel ma. If overweight then can repack again before going to the airport.

Yes, that is my point. Can repack at hotel before going to airport.

I guess those baggage handlers also throw your baggage la, esp if it is heavy. [rolleyes]

No need to guess... its confirmed regardless of weight and one way or another it gets tossed around.

Ha..ha... didn't you see those ppls doing re-packing at departure hall beside the weighing scales. That's the purpose lar. I always carry one empty hand carrier in the suit case in event of emergency like overweight. Those hand carrier given by tour companies are very handy at times... [:p]

If I'm travelling with family members, one of them will have an empty hand for such purpose (hand carry allow up to 10kg max) ... [sly]

This is precisely what I don't want to do. I want to just go airport, check in luggage and jalan jalan. Why waste time at airport repacking?

Anyway, to each his own la. Different people have different preferences.

Edited by Fcw75

Technically, we hv a load of 2 passenger here. Each passenger is allowed 20kg, so we have a situation of 40kg at worst. It does not mean that the check-in lugguage can exceed the limit. This restriction I believe is more to protect those handling the lugguage.

Took Delta Airlines recently and suprisingly the service was not bad.

What I like is after a meal, they will clear up very quickly. Some airlines take ages to clear up, as long as half hr.

"I had to scramble to find another bag to repack, and meet the 23kg limit."

from this, it sounds bs already or trying to make things look worse. i also encountered same problem when returning from sydney recently. they already standby those plastic nylon bag for passengers to repack their luggage. not an issue at all. as for service, i have no problem like requesting hot water to make milk for my children.

Best service I've had are from

SQ

MAS

Thai

Emirates

BA

Qantas was frankly so-so

MAS? u sure?

my aunty in malaysia says even the US airlines are better..

and the US airlines are cui

↡ Advertisement