President Hillary in 2016?

Ahtong

I wonder if Hillary wants to try for President again in 2016. In 2008, she tried but lost narrowly to Obama.

Main problem is age - She will be 69 in 2016 and if she last 2 terms, will step down at 77.

Right now some news sites are already talking about Clinton (Hillary) vs Bush (Jeb) in 2016. Should be very sexciting to watch if it comes true

↡ Advertisement

I wonder if Hillary wants to try for President again in 2016. In 2008, she tried but lost narrowly to Obama.

Main problem is age - She will be 69 in 2016 and if she last 2 terms, will step down at 77.

Right now some news sites are already talking about Clinton (Hillary) vs Bush (Jeb) in 2016. Should be very sexciting to watch if it comes true

Hillary retiring aldy lah....wa lau.....need to satisfy bill [:p] [:p]

Hillary retiring aldy lah....wa lau.....need to satisfy bill [:p] [:p]

Ah bill already has many many oral outside liao lah. no need to satisfy him [;)]

I suspect she will try. But i think it's very difficult for her. Her age and the fact that she's a woman.

she has done wel as sec state though

I suspect she will try. But i think it's very difficult for her. Her age and the fact that she's a woman.

I don't think gender is a problem especially if Obama pass his contacts to her.

Age might be a real problem. Both her and Obama have really grayed a lot in 4 years.

But then again, Golda Meir was 70+ when she led Israel

She won't secure popular vote though.

Obama is black but dominates hispanic + black votes, enough to make up the difference between the more sexist white male/female vote.

Reality of life.

It's just like chance of being a female or minority race PM here in SG. Minority race is more likely than woman.

I don't think gender is a problem especially if Obama pass his contacts to her.

Age might be a real problem. Both her and Obama have really grayed a lot in 4 years.

But then again, Golda Meir was 70+ when she led Israel

I agree with you. Hard for voters to id with her. Obama is still in his 50s. By 2016, she will be grandmotherly liao, how to secure young voters [sweatdrop]

But... will she return as the new term Sec of State? IMO, Obama should have her run as V-P since Joe Biden is...so...much.....older.... one fears he will die in office. [:p]

Let Michelle Obama run in 2016!

that's a thought......she is pretty steady in the women circle too.....

Too bad Colin Powell is also very old. I think he has the Presidential look too

colin, impressed me during Iraq.....solid leadership!

dun think so. That is what ppl are watching now. Geithner also not going into the next 4 yrs

No matter who becomes the new Sec of State. Obama will receive the same tough time he had in re-energising US's economy.

The truth that GOP remains the dominant force in House, many legislatures and acts will be stopped, delayed and refuted so many times, actual intended effect is so diluted when real actions come into play.

Such is the price of near-real democracy.

Anyway, the next POTUS should be from the GOP as history patterns dictate. As the GOP ravishes and indulge themselves in war mongering and actual wars, the Democrats will take over to revive the ailing economy caused by the GOP. The vicious cycle continues.