OptiCoat vs bird bombs

Optivax

There are tons of coatings out in the market.. Paint coating..glass coating..nano coating..ceramic coating and they have the same purpose..that is to protect the paint against the harsh environment..most people including myself determine how long the coating last by the water sheeting and water beading effect but how about the protection..bead and sheet are one thing..the question is does it protect the paint?

Generally all sealant, waxes including coating gave water beading and people are just happy to see it beads water but when the bird dropping landed on the surface..are you still able to remove them? To what extend? Hand polish or machine polish..everyone know bird dropping are acidic and it etches into the paint in just hours and if under the sun baking..it is worst..

If you do a google on optiguard or OptiCoat..u will see lots of different testing going on and comparing with different coating..to me as a car owner myself..I want it to protect the paint and able to remove any stains manually with some light polishes.

My car is always a testbed for products..surface coated with optiguard by miracle detail 3 or 4 months ago with once a week washing and maintain with quick detailer. Car is parked 24/7 outdoor.. I got some fruit or bird dropping few weeks back and is indeed a good time to test out products..

The dropping is red in color and I know this is the most acidic stains..I was at miracle detail and Jeremy suggested to do a light polish and this is what I wanted to try..how easy to remove this stains from OptiCoat . I did not use any very abrasive products..I started with dura gloss 652 pre cleaner before I proceed to more abrasive stuff if I can't remove the stains

20121110_074926.jpg

I gave a very light rub with a cloth..no elbow grease and after a few rounds..the stains get lighter and almost gone..

20121110_075641.jpg

↡ Advertisement

This pictures are more obvious...

The stains

20121110_080806.jpg

20121110_080707.jpg

20121110_080811.jpg

A drip of dg652 on the surface

20121110_080924.jpg

Edited by Optivax

The stains are gone...

20121110_081537.jpg

20121110_081553.jpg

20121110_081602.jpg

This are just some of my findings..just to share with you guys..a coating is not just not just base on how well water sheeting and beadings..but to protects the paint..from my understanding..because OptiCoat is a clear coat added the surface..the stains are basically on the coating and it is much easier when u try to remove any stain from it..

↡ Advertisement