Anyone watched.. Ah Boys to Men?

VellfireS

gotta agree ... didnt find part 2 as entertaining as part 1 ... plus it smelt like heavy marketing for SAF ...

And the part where Chen tian wen was telling wayang king (his son) about Country A and B... was like a soft warning to "our neighbours" not to provoke us... I felt... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Haha.. Okay.. I last week watched part 1.. not bad le.. [laugh]

I also caught it last week. Not bad if not looking for plot.

Actors are quite good.

The sergeant in the flashback scene was my NSF trainer in SISPEC and he does fxxk trainees that way. He didn't need to act. :D

Neutral Newbie

I thought Part 1 is another crap army movie but surprising it was good. Actors acted well, the editing was ok, scripts were funny.

The only part cannot tahan is the beginning CG scenes. Not realistic at all since we are so used to Hollywood standard. But after that was ok.

I also caught it last week. Not bad if not looking for plot.

Actors are quite good.

The sergeant in the flashback scene was my NSF trainer in SISPEC and he does fxxk trainees that way. He didn't need to act. :D

HAHA.. WOW.. seems like he really can kill recruits.. well..I guess times are different :ph34r:

Turbocharged

Ah Boys to Men better than Army Daze. Those bunch of characters in Army Daze can't act man. Feels like they're reading of a script.

Army Daze is more like a sketch comedy, theatre, musical, dance performance.

Turbocharged

And the part where Chen tian wen was telling wayang king (his son) about Country A and B... was like a soft warning to "our neighbours" not to provoke us... I felt... [laugh]

Yeh, Jack Neo's main market is in Malaysia. That time I went KL, everywhere showing the "where got ghost" DVD. Showing how chao keng our army reservists are. And now showing how "soft" our NSFs in ah boys to men. :D

HAHA.. WOW.. seems like he really can kill recruits.. well..I guess times are different :ph34r:

Yeah. When he loses his head, most trainees balls drop. But he's a caring trainer as well.

I'd have him as my trainer again. Learnt a fair bit of leadership skills from him.

After watching part1.

There is really no surprise to the storyline.

1. Computer game scenario.

2. How to Keng jokes, by uncle.

3. Old army ways of doing things flashback, and theme song.

4. Girlfriend problem.

5. Realized own selfish thoughts, regret for being silly.

End of part one

No urge to watch part2 at all.

Bro, its a show about BMT, what are you expecting? Some plot twists, fanatic action scene or something. Points 2, 3, 4 & 5 are what actually make it so specials for many of us, because we can relate to them, compare to say, High school teen flick show base in USA for instance.

Neutral Newbie

Watched part 2. Overall good show. Should watch. Tis a common thread that all NS Active/Reservists can identify with.

Neutral Newbie

I thought Part 1 is another crap army movie but surprising it was good. Actors acted well, the editing was ok, scripts were funny.

The only part cannot tahan is the beginning CG scenes. Not realistic at all since we are so used to Hollywood standard. But after that was ok.

me too...almost wanted to stop watching after the CG scene

me too...almost wanted to stop watching after the CG scene

Compare to previous Jack Neo's movies, I think this CG is not bad. Don't compare with Hollywood lah, Singapore movies are low budget productions.

I think it's fine for ppl to laugh at how funny the CG looks cause it's a comedy... not a disaster movie like 2012.

Yeh, Jack Neo's main market is in Malaysia. That time I went KL, everywhere showing the "where got ghost" DVD. Showing how chao keng our army reservists are. And now showing how "soft" our NSFs in ah boys to men. :D

MM2 distributes his films in Msia.... I know Melvin Ang too, Jack's partner and the director from MM2. Its a huge market for them there.

Yeah. When he loses his head, most trainees balls drop. But he's a caring trainer as well.

I'd have him as my trainer again. Learnt a fair bit of leadership skills from him.

HAHA.. he really looks damn strict..

I see.. well.. Training like that.. definitely learn a lot.. [rolleyes]

HAHA.. he really looks damn strict..

I see.. well.. Training like that.. definitely learn a lot.. [rolleyes]

My friend did.

He didn't like it.

I won't pay to watch local movies.

I'd download it once it becomes available on DVD.

I wont pay to watch Jack neo movies....

I wont pay to watch Jack neo movies....

Bro, I was like you too. For me after Jack Neo scandal I didn't want to catch anymore of his movies. But my wife kept pestering me to watch. So I manage to find Part 1 on YouTube & we watched. Honestly & surprisingly, I liked it (minus the CGI effects at the start). It was hilarious n the actors were very good.

So we watched Part 2 yesterday at the cinema. My opinion is Part 2 is as good, if not even better than Part 1. I just wished the botak SGT from Part 1 should appear in Part 2 too.

↡ Advertisement