Anyone watched.. Ah Boys to Men?

VellfireS

Watched it, its really not bad I would say. Very hilarious and funny.

However the ending is anti-climax and I believe there'll be a part 2 of the show soon.

Part 2 will be shown during CNY period if I'm not wrong. I also enjoyed the show very much. Brought back memories of my fellow platoon mates during my recruit time back in 1994/5 period. Those typical chao keng type, siao on type and hokkien peng type. Haha...

↡ Advertisement

Part 2 will be shown during CNY period if I'm not wrong. I also enjoyed the show very much. Brought back memories of my fellow platoon mates during my recruit time back in 1994/5 period. Those typical chao keng type, siao on type and hokkien peng type. Haha...

I remember one scene from another local movie.. damn funny.. Seems like I will experience this when I enlist soon.. [rolleyes][:p]

I find this the most classic:

HAHA.. yeah yeah.. true... His dialogue.. always zai one.. makes me crack.. like this one.. he kena bully..

Just watched it today

It is actually pretty good

The opening scene that was the first 10 mins was excellent in fact

The later part was slower, but acceptable

He has done good films and has done shitty films, this one is one of the good ones

I also liked the fact that there were so many new faces, not the typical channel 8 cast

The KPMG logo placement was so dumb it was actually funny, see if u can spot it in advance. I didn't expect it until I saw it

I remember one scene from another local movie.. damn funny.. Seems like I will experience this when I enlist soon.. [rolleyes][:p]

Haha... this is another funny movie with Muthu as the RSM.

reviews so far seem not bad eh.. maybe will watch it this weekend

Review not bad? Any reasons on this? [:/] I'm wondering how come there is part 2 to this movie? :blink:

part 2 is to make more $$ for the director?

I thinking maybe the director follow those ang moh movie like harry porter and twillight, film one movie but break the movie into two parts?! [rolleyes]

Sure to sell. It deeply applies to all men in Singapore.

For women, also apply e.g. boyfriend go army, husband go army.

Only applies partly to me - I was from the Navy lol (but quite a lot of things are true la)

Neutral Newbie

Neo, Jack Neo outguns James Bond!

He still got the winning formula to satisfy local taste!

ST article:

A veteran British secret service agent is no match for a bunch of Singaporean army recruits at the cinemas.

Local director Jack Neo's army movie Ah Boys To Men has broken local box-office records by earning more $1.5 million over its opening weekend, in the process beating James Bond movie Skyfall, which was in its second week of release.

The coming-of-age film about youths going through through national service took $1,509,422 from last Thursday (Nov 8) to Sunday (Nov 11), giving it the biggest opening weekend ever for a local movie.

With 37 prints in cinemas, it beat the previous record-holder, the 2008 comedy Ah Long Pte Ltd, also directed by Neo, which had made $1,484,000 with 50 prints in its opening weekend over Chinese New Year.

Edited by Simon29

i should not have watch this show.

haiz. i tot i will nv see tekong again. knn the jetty, the island,building,the bunk. this is the saddest place on EARTH!!!!

lol