Anyone watched.. Ah Boys to Men?

VellfireS

Brought my kids to watch it on last friday night.

I like it a lot since it give me good/bad memories of my NS life.

I was Tekong camp 1 for 6 month during NS, now the new camp is really different and look like a resort.

SOC course also look much easlier. NSF now are lucky, pushup can only do max 20 at one time.

↡ Advertisement

Brought my kids to watch it on last friday night.

I like it a lot since it give me good/bad memories of my NS life.

I was Tekong camp 1 for 6 month during NS, now the new camp is really different and look like a resort.

SOC course also look much easlier. NSF now are lucky, pushup can only do max 20 at one time.

Yeah I was really surprised to hear pushup can only do max 20 at one time. bloody hell. last time we do until our arms turn jelly already and still must do somemore..

Cool! I was in '91 Alpha coy - love the original British barrack dust, smell, dirt and all at camp 1.

The Charlie bunk was converted to part store and training room, if I recall correctly.

Haven't seen the movie but I hope Mindef retain the camp 1 original barrack instead of those multis-storey ones...

Also the open concept toilet/bathroom when taking a shower ^_^

At that time had to make sure don't drop any things on the floor during shower, cannot bend now to pick [blush][blush]

Yeah I was really surprised to hear pushup can only do max 20 at one time. bloody hell. last time we do until our arms turn jelly already and still must do somemore..

my time is like that liao...

but there are a lot of things they didnt tell you..

1-2-3-4-5-... samula (malay word i dont know how to spell) that recuit didnt do properly... start from zero...

or ..

O-N-E-One (do four time liao) T-W-O-Two (another 4 time) T-H-R-E-E- Three (another 6 times.) until the end. [laugh]

but end of the day, its to train our arms muscle. its good training i will say. [laugh]

my time is like that liao...

but there are a lot of things they didnt tell you..

1-2-3-4-5-... samula (malay word i dont know how to spell) that recuit didnt do properly... start from zero...

or ..

O-N-E-One (do four time liao) T-W-O-Two (another 4 time) T-H-R-E-E- Three (another 6 times.) until the end. [laugh]

but end of the day, its to train our arms muscle. its good training i will say. [laugh]

Your time is already like that? You so young meh?? [laugh]

Which year you enlisted?? Haha

2000 December enlisted [laugh]

i born 1979 one. [laugh]

Oh just a few years apart from me le...damn it...which means the rules was relaxed quite soon after my batch...and you eating the caterer food and not food cooked by recruits right? [laugh]

Oh just a few years apart from me le...damn it...which means the rules was relaxed quite soon after my batch...and you eating the caterer food and not food cooked by recruits right? [laugh]

yeah.... but hor.. the food not that fantastic also how.. only taste good when got new recuit join or meet the parents section nia.

my whole company all put food as lousy until the cook house scare and come talk to our OC and beg us to place at least reasonable.

KNS, breakfast tell us to eat fried Hor Fun before training want us to died ah.. still put lousy [laugh]

anyway, we still do push up for more than 1000 time despite the change.. even worse. now they tell us to do 3 set of 20s [laugh]

and after 20 have to stand up and go down again.. very siong on the legs [laugh]

Edited by Joseph22

yeah.... but hor.. the food not that fantastic also how.. only taste good when got new recuit join or meet the parents section nia.

my whole company all put food as lousy until the cook house scare and come talk to our OC and beg us to place at least reasonable.

KNS, breakfast tell us to eat fried Hor Fun before training want us to died ah.. still put good [laugh]

anyway, we still do push up for more than 1000 time despite the change.. even worse. now they tell us to do 3 set of 20s [laugh]

and after 20 have to stand up and go down again.. very siong on the legs [laugh]

wah lau, still can complain about the food. you nvr eat recruit cooked type of food...you taste that one then you know what is called food not meant for humans to eat... [laugh] the rice is like rocks.

the breakfast I bet you also nvr eat the infamous kway teow soup which is not even edible. when we gone for range we had that and most people ate less than half and the mobile food van at the range business damn good because everyone saw the van comes is like food from heaven...

do 20. recover. down 20 again lor.

wayang nia lah [laugh] there's always ways to get around it

wah lau, still can complain about the food. you nvr eat recruit cooked type of food...you taste that one then you know what is called food not meant for humans to eat... [laugh] the rice is like rocks.

the breakfast I bet you also nvr eat the infamous kway teow soup which is not even edible. when we gone for range we had that and most people ate less than half and the mobile food van at the range business damn good because everyone saw the van comes is like food from heaven...

okay lah i admit i have better life than you. what i want to tell you is that the food not as fantastic as what ppl make it up to be [laugh] its still not edible one. that is why the moment we book out.. all go kopitiam and order lots of food [laugh]

but i dont understand how come our army dont vet throught what they provide for breakfast.

provide us dinner for breakfast how to excercise. [laugh]

I think now also cannot do pushup on the field with SBO/FBO on the back facing down slope...

Log PT also don't have already....these one if there are chow keng people on same log, others will suffer.

Edited by Tohto

I think now also cannot do pushup on the field with SBO/FBO on the back facing down slope...

Log PT also don't have already....these one if there are chow keng people on same log, others will suffer.

despite the easier training.

my batch got ppl do push up until arm fracture [sweatdrop]

he got report sicker early but MO who certify him as fit and didnt award Att C [sweatdrop]

the MO of course go DB.. the seargeat?? got post to other unit double quick time to save his skin [sweatdrop]

okay lah i admit i have better life than you. what i want to tell you is that the food not as fantastic as what ppl make it up to be [laugh] its still not edible one. that is why the moment we book out.. all go kopitiam and order lots of food [laugh]

but i dont understand how come our army dont vet throught what they provide for breakfast.

tekong food is ok..

tekong food is ok..

Tekong camp 1 food, only muslim cook house is OK (eat there during weekend duty). Chinese cook house cannot make it lah.

why cannot take dinner type of food for breakfast? I think I would prefer fried hor many times more than the inedible kway teow soup for breakfast. [laugh] [laugh]

Precisely. The log PT always kena damn chow keng people who just put their arms there but never chut any energy. for the rest is damn siong...those were the days... [;)]

why cannot take dinner type of food for breakfast? I think I would prefer fried hor many times more than the inedible kway teow soup for breakfast. [laugh] [laugh]

you wont be saying this if you see our Fried hor fun..

its very dry and use one fork poke liao can take up the whole plate of hor fun.. plus the last one more power.. its as hard as a rock [furious]

anyway we tell them, we only want Kaya Loti for breakfast. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement