Where to buy Batang fish

Rustyz

Dear all,

Any contact for fishmonger who sell Batang fish around balestier area? Is batang a seasonal fish all year around supply type?

Thank you for reading.

Have a great Weekend!

↡ Advertisement

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrow-barr...panish_mackerel

This fish is seasonal, though its season is very protracted (long)....so very likely u can buy them almost all year round, with the fish larger during certain times and smaller during others that's all.

When fresh, super delicious. I caught 2 while fishing in Australia. Fried it in butter within 4 hours after catching it. Super yummy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrow-barr...panish_mackerel

This fish is seasonal, though its season is very protracted (long)....so very likely u can buy them almost all year round, with the fish larger during certain times and smaller during others that's all.

When fresh, super delicious. I caught 2 while fishing in Australia. Fried it in butter within 4 hours after catching it. Super yummy.

Wa bro 1 Up for u still google wiki. haha Thank you

where about in aust?Brisbane?

So wasteful by frying it in butter so ang moh style cooking.

Batang fish, if I don't mistake what you referring to, is not seasonal. They are available all year round. Big or small, depends on what they catch, and what fishmonger buys and sell in market. Nowadays, other than durian that I can think of, nothing in this market is seasonal anymore. Almost all fishes we saw in market are reared in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, china and even taiwan.

http://www.siamcanadian.com/article_detail...sh-mackerel.php

This fish is pelagic, so farming it is not easy nor common. But yeah, should be able to get all year round, by seasonal I mean during non-spawning periods they swim far offshore n is caught less frequently, as smaller fishing companies do not have the resources to chase them so far in deep sea....more likely only the larger boats can catch them.

Spawning season they come incredibly close to shore. Those I caught in Darwin just off a jetty in 8 meters of water. The occasional Spotted variety is even caught at Bedok Jetty lol

Giant hypermart has them ... but not really fresh ... so better just go to any wet market and get them.

usually, will get the fishmonger to de-bone the fish - excellent skills !!

http://www.siamcanadian.com/article_detail...sh-mackerel.php

This fish is pelagic, so farming it is not easy nor common. But yeah, should be able to get all year round, by seasonal I mean during non-spawning periods they swim far offshore n is caught less frequently, as smaller fishing companies do not have the resources to chase them so far in deep sea....more likely only the larger boats can catch them.

Spawning season they come incredibly close to shore. Those I caught in Darwin just off a jetty in 8 meters of water. The occasional Spotted variety is even caught at Bedok Jetty lol

Just curious as this and the spotted spanish mackerel, also known as Tenggiri papan (I think), are some of my favourite fishes, whether fried or used as a soup base. I understand they are largely fished out of tropical waters, so are they Omega 3 rich? Read that Omega 3 are usually found in fishes living off cold waters. True?

Just curious as this and the spotted spanish mackerel, also known as Tenggiri papan (I think), are some of my favourite fishes, whether fried or used as a soup base. I understand they are largely fished out of tropical waters, so are they Omega 3 rich? Read that Omega 3 are usually found in fishes living off cold waters. True?

and these fishes living in cold water have a higher body fat percentage which means bio accumulation and magnification of especially heavy metals is more significant. so you need to eat in moderation.

you can try towner road blk 29 wet market - look for this chinese young guy in early 40. Near corner at power house - hope you can find as there are many stalls there. Is Fresh and well prepare to your call.

Dear all,

Any contact for fishmonger who sell Batang fish around balestier area? Is batang a seasonal fish all year around supply type?

Thank you for reading.

Have a great Weekend!

Lor 4 Toa Payoh market, behind Blk.73.... [wave]

Jurong Fishery Port, 3-4am, I get all my fish there.

Hard bargain for first timer.

Dear all,

Thank you for reading.

Have a great Weekend!