What's Your Favourite Anime Show?

TheChosenOne

Me not a really a fan of anime... only this kenshin a fren lend the dvd(all 3 seasons) to me and the rest is history :D

I've read the comics and watch the regular anime series. But nothing could prepare me for the violence they depict in the OVA series that show's Kenshin's Past life as the feared battousai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurouni_Kensh...st_%26_Betrayal

This is only one small portion of the action. Some of the rest and quite artistically violent.

I know also of Kenshin fans cry foul to this and it sway from the anime/manga alot in storyline and artwork, but I feel it's very realistic and dramatic for an anime...

Edited by Pocus

for Macross, what is the difference between the Frontier & Uber??

Thanks

Never heard of Uber but Frontier was released during the 25th Anniversary of the Macross franchise (2007 I think). Ever the fighters are named "VF-25"

The 25 episode of Macross Frontier was quite nice will alot of references and spoofing of the Macross franchise if you are a Macross Fan.

One of the scenes I like is the ending theme of this episode. Brings back the memories of the original Macross in the 80s

Stand alone stories but history and timeline somehow linked.....according to the Americans. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech_Wars

This is based on the American Robotech Franchise. Thanks to the licensing to Harmony Gold, the sold distributor of the Robotech series in USA, they butchered the storyline by combining 3 animes of different origin, technology and timeline (Macross, Mospeada and the other unpopular anime) into 1 universe in the USA.

Their butchering quite successful, they even release toys, novels, games and a newly produced original Robotech Cartoon a few years back.

Due to legal reasons with Harmony Gold, The company that made Macross (Toei Animation?) will not be able to publish their franchise in USA. It's also because of this, we will not see a Macross or Robotech live-action movie anytime soon, even though it's already technically possible to make it.

I've read the comics and watch the regular anime series. But nothing could prepare me for the violence they depict in the OVA series that show's Kenshin's Past life as the feared battousai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurouni_Kensh...st_%26_Betrayal

This is only one small portion of the action. Some of the rest and quite artistically violent.

I know also of Kenshin fans cry foul to this and it sway from the anime/manga alot in storyline and artwork, but I feel it's very realistic and dramatic for an anime...

I booked my tics tomorrow night!!! [bounce2]

Turbocharged

Everyone outgrew anime?

Am i the only one watching still?

I still prefer it to watching drama serials. 

I'm less an anime person and more into another base that's often mistaken for anime lol.

But I watch something if I feel like it

I'm less an anime person and more into another base that's often mistaken for anime lol.

But I watch something if I feel like it

? what do u watch?

Rick and Morty? Lol

Turbocharged

? what do u watch?

Rick and Morty? Lol

it's not even a cartoon or animation, by proper rights.

One Piece.. dragonball.. one punch man

One Punch Man was made of win. 

it's not even a cartoon or animation, by proper rights.

One Punch Man was made of win. 

? so what do u mean u watch something that is often mistakened for anime?

Any examples?  [confused]