VW Sharan 'drinks coolant.?

ER-3682

talking about coolant, my A8 also drink a lot, i remember after coolant level dropped in MMI before 20k service, so i bring to premium auto and ask them to top up. sekali top up few litre le!

↡ Advertisement

talking about coolant, my A8 also drink a lot, i remember after coolant level dropped in MMI before 20k service, so i bring to premium auto and ask them to top up. sekali top up few litre le!

Wow top up a few litres.?So did they tell you the cause.?I meant what's wrong with your car.?

Wahliao got warning message already wtf the service rep bullcrapping about? He trying to say VW's sensors/ecu beh kan issit?

Escalate the issue to service manager and demand in writing that it's normal, plus keep record of when and where visits and conversations have taken place in case need to resort to legal means/lemon law. If necessary email issue to VW Germany directly with the written evidence for clarification. Most important is get everything down in writing, even if they do a "check" and say everything is ok, still make sure it's in writing.

Do it step by step...he is now taking the case with the Service Manager.

The loss looks like maybe via the pressure cap which I understand is mounted on the evaporator plastic tank ( correct me ). Best is to check the cap pre-set pressure - for most european cars the setting is 1 kg/cm2.

Comfirmed pressure cap no problem.

According to my Brother in Law,the S.A. told him for Turbo-Charged cars,he need to check the coolant every month[talk c--k],he replied why so troublesome.?He never need to check coolant with the Japanese Honda Odessey in 7 years.!

Got temp gauge no overheating,just the stupid message warning on the message screen....

Now then you tell us got warning message on the screen? wtf.

Bullet proof no use. In Singapore must be langga proof. Your car can withstand a collision like a continental? Don't laugh at people's car who have some minor problem.

[laugh] new kelissa come with air bag yet?

All these service rep and SA "say & say", ask for in writing since they so expert and confident.

Ask them put in writing wait they need a new change of pants on the spot sia..

According to my Brother in Law,the S.A. told him for Turbo-Charged cars,he need to check the coolant every month[talk c--k],he replied why so troublesome.?He never need to check coolant with the Japanese Honda Odessey in 7 years.!

My TC Frosty, I have never opened the front hood for 5 years ( myself ) , only send

for regular service and all are good, not even add any coolant whatsoever.

Not to blast Ford or Regent Motors, but my Galaxy had a leaking coolant hose. By the time I found out, it was 20% full only. Luckily I did find out, and got towed to RM and fixed on the SAME day. Kudos to them. But it doesn't drink coolant. Maybe some might evaporate but not so bad. Maybe the Sharan has a leaky problem.

ask the sa, so where did the water when to?

or ask the SA, so VW car comes with HHO huh? water as fuel?

coolent is a close circuit thing.

either via head gasket, turbo or piping leak.

try this,

rev your car in carpark when you reach home carpark for 1 minute see if your exhaust tip got water a not.

if got, this is not right cause your not using HHO.

rev your car in carpark when you reach home carpark for 1 minute see if your exhaust tip got water a not.

if got, this is not right cause your not using HHO.

Your statement is not correct. When engines are well tuned ( meaning very good combustion ) will

find droplets of water at the exhaust.

Hi Friends,my Brother in law's 1 year old Sharan 'drinks' 1.2L of coolant from new,now mileage is 12k Km,today went for 1 st service,Service Advisor told him it is normal for Turbo-charged cars to 'drink' a little coolant,which i don't think so,can any others VW car owners tell me is it true.??Esp those using the EA888 engine[GTI,GOLF R,Audi A5 or Skoda etc],thanks folks.

not only this car, my colleague's c4gp also lidat for 1st 10k km. dash display of coolant light up, then we pop bonnet n chk - really low liao.

My TC Frosty, I have never opened the front hood for 5 years ( myself ) , only send

for regular service and all are good, not even add any coolant whatsoever.

same here, my 3yo cpt (touchwood) havent pop bonnet to check coolant and other fluid. only suddenly curious chk cvt gb fluid which is very pinkish.

thank God our tc car not lemon.

↡ Advertisement