VW Sharan 'drinks coolant.?

ER-3682

perfect combustion @ratio of 14:1 the end result is H20 water + other harmless gases.

no wonder saw some car exhaust outlet has water. so mean engine internal be super clean if ever dismantle?

↡ Advertisement

Now then you tell us got warning message on the screen? wtf.

This is standard on VW cars,luckily got these warning message for oil & coolant,or else 'run' until dry even before the 1st service[take note alot of drivers never check oil & coolant],according to VW,damages cause by no oil or coolant are NOT covered by the warranty.!

not only this car, my colleague's c4gp also lidat for 1st 10k km. dash display of coolant light up, then we pop bonnet n chk - really low liao.

ask him go back cnc do waterpump

common fault for that engine

even mini cooper got tsb on waterpump recall

You again? You can take yr kelisa and shove it up where the sun don't shine la. People asking abt car problem and you talk abt yr bloody kelisa. It's a piece of scrap metal.

it may be scrap metal to you, but it gets me around reliably & cheaply

and u can drop the too-eager-to-impress english, i find yr replies just that tad irritating to read

Bullet proof no use. In Singapore must be langga proof. Your car can withstand a collision like a continental? Don't laugh at people's car who have some minor problem.

u mean u didn't enjoy Jerrcik's comment about VW gimmicks? I was laughing at that, not the VW

and yes, I agree kelisa isn't the safest car around, but the discussion was about reliability, and mine is

u mean u didn't enjoy Jerrcik's comment about VW gimmicks? I was laughing at that, not the VW

and yes, I agree kelisa isn't the safest car around, but the discussion was about reliability, and mine is

You also know discussion is about reliability, then why bring in bullet proof? Don't slap yourself again pls.

do you know how to read the title? this thread is about a problem regarding the vw sharan and perhaps about the vw force induction models. since when it became a reliability thread?

so you admit that you came in here to flaunt about your kelisa?

what? that sounds really weird. flaunt about kelisa? that sounded like an oxymoron.

:D

it may be scrap metal to you, but it gets me around reliably & cheaply

and u can drop the too-eager-to-impress english, i find yr replies just that tad irritating to read

Shove it up where the sun don't shine is trying to impress? [laugh] What a joke!

Edited by Fcw75

I do not think VW cars drink that much coolant based on asking around during meetups. My VW 2.0T has clocked 25000km in 15 months and only had to top up coolant once, because I saw the level going below the MIN line and not because of the warning light. In fact, I still got a lot of VW coolant left over after that 1 time topup.

So TS, did your bro in law get it resolved?

Perhaps go to a outside VW workship. HAT, VAG, etc.

No,just monitor & see how long can the top up lasts.

I do not think VW cars drink that much coolant based on asking around during meetups. My VW 2.0T has clocked 25000km in 15 months and only had to top up coolant once, because I saw the level going below the MIN line and not because of the warning light. In fact, I still got a lot of VW coolant left over after that 1 time topup.

Hi Newkid,by the way,what about engine oil.?How many Km before you need topping up.?

Neutral Newbie

as far as i remember, coolant levels may drop due to evaporation and minor leaks, but 1.2l is not a small amount.

ask the workshop to do a pressure leak test where they attach an air pump + gauge to your radiator cap's inlet. when they pump the air in, and the pressure will drop over a short period of time lilke 5 mins, then it means that you've a leak somewhere in the system.

Neutral Newbie

Mine is new Sharan delivered from VW in Sep 13. Less than 5 months and this what happen today......

The sliding doors on both side were opened. All the windows wound down including the sun roof. All this happened in a public car park, after I parked my car, for work. Send the car to VW and after the diagnostic, I was informed that there is an intermittent impulse signal fault.

My milage is less 10k km and the coolant had started to flash at the same time today

Had any VW owners experienced any similar issues before?

Mine is new Sharan delivered from VW in Sep 13. Less than 5 months and this what happen today......

The sliding doors on both side were opened. All the windows wound down including the sun roof. All this happened in a public car park, after I parked my car, for work. Send the car to VW and after the diagnostic, I was informed that there is an intermittent impulse signal fault.

My milage is less 10k km and the coolant had started to flash at the same time today

Isn't that a new feature from VW? Recent weather is so hot that it auto open up every windows to clear the heat knowing you coming... Cool... I want this feature.... Hehehe...

• Praise 2

Nope,not till this extent,could be the battery dying soon[my brother in law's car battery died on the 8th month],goodluck to you,VW's service are the WORST in the industry....

↡ Advertisement