VW Sharan 'drinks coolant.?

ER-3682

Mine is new Sharan delivered from VW in Sep 13. Less than 5 months and this what happen today......

The sliding doors on both side were opened. All the windows wound down including the sun roof. All this happened in a public car park, after I parked my car, for work. Send the car to VW and after the diagnostic, I was informed that there is an intermittent impulse signal fault.

My milage is less 10k km and the coolant had started to flash at the same time today

Had any VW owners experienced any similar issues before?

mine also having "it is normal" reply from VW, really crap....

now escalating to a level above - after sales manager (dont know), my sales lady also given up on talking to their management.

epic, case

↡ Advertisement

mine also having "it is normal" reply from VW, really crap....

now escalating to a level above - after sales manager (dont know), my sales lady also given up on talking to their management.

epic, case

For them, gearbox jerking, it is normal; consumed engine oil, it is normal; 1 year old car, time to change clutch pack, it is normal. Their car is perfectly fine! Das Auto!!

For them, gearbox jerking, it is normal; consumed engine oil, it is normal; 1 year old car, time to change clutch pack, it is normal. Their car is perfectly fine! Das Auto!!

Next time they will also say,"Break Down" [furious] .?It is NORMAL...heehee... [laugh]

Nope,not till this extent,could be the battery dying soon[my brother in law's car battery died on the 8th month],goodluck to you,VW's service are the WORST in the industry....

BTY, VW is the most popular car in China, and VW is the 1st foreign automobile joint venture in china,

you know what i mean, [:p][:p]

I think for their car servicing dept they are already numb to the complaints. That's why every complaints about the cars have become "norm". Nothing surprises them anymore except maybe praises or someone claims how reliable the car is. LoL...

Maybe VW is associated with SMRT. [grin]

I don't deny that VW/Audi has its fair share of "reliability" issue compared to Japanese makes. I have both a VW as well as a Estima. The Estima is one that has minimal issues and the only time it is in workshop is when servicing is due [:)] ! However, the VW might be in for minor jobs like warning lights etc besides the regular servicing [:(] . And yes, the coolant issue is well known as I experienced that with my VW but to me, it is not a biggy.

Having said all that, I must say that I still enjoy the drive of the VW more than the Estima. It is more fun and there is this indescribable affinity when you drive one. This is even so when I tested the Sharan recently so as to ensure I'm comparing MPV vs MPV. In addition, I tested the Ody too just to make sure that I'm not biased.

To me, a car is more than a utility to move from point A to B. Although I must say that I really appreciate the reliability of Estima, I can't say that I enjoy driving it. It is quite a different story with the Sharan. Conclusion is I will go with the Sharan than the Ody/Estima and I am fine having to live with the minor peculiarities that come with the VW car ownership [laugh] !

Twincharged

My Brother in Law,is going to sell his near 8 Years,85,000Km,Sharan,so many problems with this MPV,somemore take good care,never go fast,never do sudden braking,ABS Pump & Power Steering failed...

My Brother in Law,is going to sell his near 8 Years,85,000Km,Sharan,so many problems with this MPV,somemore take good care,never go fast,never do sudden braking,ABS Pump & Power Steering failed...

If it is only power steering and ABS pump, no big deal for such wear and tear components for a 8 year old car, unless there are other major problems.

is it the 7M or 7N series? Meaning current model?

Twincharged

If it is only power steering and ABS pump, no big deal for such wear and tear components for a 8 year old car, unless there are other major problems.

Not at 90k km lor. It’s a low mileage car.

Maybe too take care already. Some cars need to be driven hard... This sharan has GTI engine and gearbox, is a GTI at heart!

Twincharged

is it the 7M or 7N series? Meaning current model?

Late 2010 Model...

So far the Wet Clutch Gearbox no problem.,Engine run fine [thumbsup] ,except,Sunroof leaking water,always blow bulbs.... [thumbsdown]  [furious]

Late 2010 Model...

So far the Wet Clutch Gearbox no problem.,Engine run fine [thumbsup] ,except,Sunroof leaking water,always blow bulbs.... [thumbsdown][furious]

Blow bulbs still ok,don't catch fire,lol...

Twincharged

Seriously many turbo cars don't drink coolant. Why these cars so special...….must drink coolant or engine oil for some other cars.

Well,because it is a Volkswagen. [bigcry]  [furious]  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

(edited)

By the way what happen to the coolant leak problem in 2012? Was that resolved?

Did he buy another VW ?

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement