Throttle body cleaning

Pureness

saw that 3m has a product to clean throttle body but couldn't find it at autobacs, any idea where can i find it?

or is there a workshop that can help me do cleaning for a reasonable price?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Any workshop will do. $ 30 - 40; take out the whole throttle body & service/clean. IMHO, better than those spray type.

• Praise 1

Any workshop will do. $ 30 - 40; take out the whole throttle body & service/clean. IMHO, better than those spray type.

Agree.

Not sure if related but shortly after I used spray type- O2 sensor (front) kaput liao.. <_<

• Praise 1

So cheap?? I thought mkt price around $50-$60?

• Praise 1

saw that 3m has a product to clean throttle body but couldn't find it at autobacs, any idea where can i find it?

If the car is running smoothly,better don't touch the T/B.

LOL...the place you went to got this service.

Do try Motor Clinic at Kaki Bukit. They have done a wonderful job for my ride. Good customer service with patience as they slowly explained to me why there is a need to do the cleaning.

• Praise 1

Do try Motor Clinic at Kaki Bukit. They have done a wonderful job for my ride. Good customer service with patience as they slowly explained to me why there is a need to do the cleaning.

how much is it there?

• Praise 1

LOL...the place you went to got this service.

i know, but all they do is just spray the cleaner into your car and that costs $65

anybody could do it and i'm pretty sure that small bottle won't cost that much, at most $20 and 10 minutes at your void deck

anyone who is worry abt TB cleaning, just use petrol and clean the TB with cloth.... confirm wont damage the o2 sensors unless u pour the petrol in the tB directly..

i'm actually interested in this

seems like it cleans more than just your TB and for my 6 yr old car i think it would be really good to give it a good interior clean

i know, but all they do is just spray the cleaner into your car and that costs $65

anybody could do it and i'm pretty sure that small bottle won't cost that much, at most $20 and 10 minutes at your void deck

[laugh] Dan you slowly wait for such a deal lor.

i'm actually interested in this

seems like it cleans more than just your TB and for my 6 yr old car i think it would be really good to give it a good interior clean

Nvr seen the 3M product u posted, but most TB spray cleaner such as STP brand could be purchase from many hardware shop in those industrial park. Seen it before but never try.... dont see why I should spend $12.50 to $18.50 for a can of spray where i could use $0.25 petrol to clean it.... LOL

Edited by Tigershark1976

Different product clean differently. You could use petrol or even diesel for certain types of cleaning.

For me, I found the most effective to clean up carbon layers is Amsoil Power Foam.

send for workshop do more better , because if you are drive normal cable throttle body its ok to clean DIY , if you drive

E-throttle body pls dont do that , because wanna do throtlle plate computer learning , if not rpm will stand at 1500- 2000 ...

Hope can help u all only $60 normal throttle body

E-throttle $80

i done this at

AK Workshop

No.10 Ang Mo Kio Ind.Park 2A #04-10

AMK Autopoint (S) 568047

+65-90108212

your price is more expensive than autobacs, its only $65 at autobacs leh