Throttle body cleaning

Pureness

R u using original air filter? Seems strange every 8k km u need to clean tb?

I doubt car was made to b like that. :wacko:

Last time on original paper filter also got this symptom, now on K&N also same. Most lancer and colts have similar symptoms, but its something that can live with. Just that the vibration total stops once TB is cleaned.

↡ Advertisement

Last time on original paper filter also got this symptom, now on K&N also same. Most lancer and colts have similar symptoms, but its something that can live with. Just that the vibration total stops once TB is cleaned.

Usually sports filter can give this problem but original air filter sud not hv.

Colt plus

I always thought the Colt Plus looks like handheld vacuum cleaner. Seems like the similarity is more than skin deep, need to change filter frequently to maintain performance. :D

I always thought the Colt Plus looks like handheld vacuum cleaner. Seems like the similarity is more than skin deep, need to change filter frequently to maintain performance. :D

Haha yah man.. like Philip handheld.

My old CS3 when on stock or original air intake, need not need the cleaning and only did once after 70k or 80k km.

Then when I was on k&n then, I clean the TB after 40k km.

If you clean your k&n, make sure don't over-oil your filter.

Twincharged

Throttle body dirty has nothing to do with type of air filter. It's from the blow by from the PCV. Use an oil catch tank and the throttle body will be much cleaner.

I go DIY home fix buy those residue free electric board cleaner for o2 sensor, then happen to clean the pipes and flap using that and wipe clean if need too

O2 sensor just spray a lot to flush the sensor

Throttle body dirty has nothing to do with type of air filter. It's from the blow by from the PCV. Use an oil catch tank and the throttle body will be much cleaner.

In my opinon, a oil catch tank is insufficient to catch 100% of the oil.

A good way to resolve this is to cap the part on air intake where the engine oil pipe is leading into the air intake.

Then use a oil catch tank with breather on the engine oil pipe leading out.

• Praise 1

how to move the flap for an electronic throttle...it is safe to move it manually?

don't remove the electronic throttle.. else need to calibrate

Remove all rubber piping that connects to throttlebody, then turn the electronic on but not the engine, when the electronic is on, when step pedal, able to open throttle valve, then use cloth lined with throttle plate safe solution and wipe. Need another person to step pedal.

Twincharged

In my opinon, a oil catch tank is insufficient to catch 100% of the oil.

A good way to resolve this is to cap the part on air intake where the engine oil pipe is leading into the air intake.

Then use a oil catch tank with breather on the engine oil pipe leading out.

like that not environmentally friendly lor. :) which is why the design was for the blow by is piped back to the intake..

Neutral Newbie

don't remove the electronic throttle.. else need to calibrate

Remove all rubber piping that connects to throttlebody, then turn the electronic on but not the engine, when the electronic is on, when step pedal, able to open throttle valve, then use cloth lined with throttle plate safe solution and wipe. Need another person to step pedal.

I always take out the cables and clean. also use hand to move the flap. No issues but rpm will shoot up when starting car. after a week, the rpm is normal after relearning again.

I go DIY home fix buy those residue free electric board cleaner for o2 sensor, then happen to clean the pipes and flap using that and wipe clean if need too

O2 sensor just spray a lot to flush the sensor

So far yet to hear ppl cleaning O2 sensor, MAF sensor si bo?

I always take out the cables and clean. also use hand to move the flap. No issues but rpm will shoot up when starting car. after a week, the rpm is normal after relearning again.

Not advisable if it's E-throttle.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for sharing that I have now learnt something which is correct. [thumbsup]