Throttle body cleaning

Pureness

Other than cleaning throttle, what other things to clean to improve fuel consumption

Most important thing is your right foot. It is your driving style or pattern.

Apart from it, the regular servicing and maintenance of your car would have ensured the car to be in acceptable operating condition, including fuel consumption.

↡ Advertisement

Other than cleaning throttle, what other things to clean to improve fuel consumption

Get the rubber pressure to his allow max. And also the thinnest eo possible.

Neutral Newbie

add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into the fuel tank.

Neutral Newbie

Change stock rim to same sized forged rim with a weight saving of 5kg on each rim (20kg total) , this rotation mass translate to at least 50-60kg in suspended weight. 3-5% saving

Eco tyres probably and pump it high and keeping it maintained high (pump every week) 2% saving to personal taste, be careful do not exceed 240

Use of lighter weight oil X-30WD max rated 1-2% Adding polyethoylated and carboxylated polymers 5%

Running a leaner mix by using piggyback 3%

Change your gearbox oil to a synthetic one and add moly in it. 2%

Mix your petroleum with at least 20% mix of a pertroluem (for example esso 8000) containing more anti friction agent.

As previously mentioned predictive driving, route and otherwise. Avoid routes with high no of traffic lights

Start-Stop car capability 1%

Enjoy

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros

I have been using this 3M products, Fuel System Tune-Up Kit and brought from this company Tonita Company @ 50 Ubi Crescent Ubi Techpark #01-06 Singapore 408568

1 kit = S$171.20 include GST

which contain Intake System Cleaner, Throttle Plate & Carb Cleaner and Fuel System Cleaner.

And I do it DIY

• Praise 1

(edited)

send for workshop do more better , because if you are drive normal cable throttle body its ok to clean DIY , if you drive

E-throttle body pls dont do that , because wanna do throtlle plate computer learning , if not rpm will stand at 1500- 2000 ...

Hope can help u all only $60 normal throttle body

E-throttle $80

i done this at

AK Workshop

No.10 Ang Mo Kio Ind.Park 2A #04-10

AMK Autopoint (S) 568047

+65-90108212

promoting ur own workshop??

Edited by Ken-sanki
  • Praise 2

Hahaha. He just trying his luck ma. He know wil hv pple kia su kia see. Change this change that. Clean this clean that even though its not necessary. And ty willing to pay good money summore.

Hahaha laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

haha, Steven Liew is the owner of AK Workshop

Hi all,

Thinking of sending my manual accent for throttle cleaning.  Cos there seems to be a "choking" feeling where power suddenly seem to cut.  Car stalled once or twice over the 12 months so nothing serious but I was thinking of doing a throttle cleaning.

Car is over 3 years old with mileage about 63000km.

I cannot comment on take off speed cos I normally accelerate slowly so dont ask me if acceleration is bad.

So wanna ask.

Is it worth it and will you really feel a difference or it's a placebo effect?

• Praise 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:15 AM, Philipkee said:

Hi all,

Thinking of sending my manual accent for throttle cleaning.  Cos there seems to be a "choking" feeling where power suddenly seem to cut.  Car stalled once or twice over the 12 months so nothing serious but I was thinking of doing a throttle cleaning.

I cannot comment on take off speed cos I normally accelerate slowly so dont ask me if acceleration is bad.

So wanna ask.

Maybe your car computer accustomed to your driving style? Try accelerating more after pick up

1 hour ago, AHBA said:

Maybe your car computer accustomed to your driving style? Try accelerating more after pick up

Mine is manual.  Is there a computer on this?  Maybe if pick up slow but don't understand the "choking" feeling at half clutch.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, Philipkee said:

Mine is manual.  Is there a computer on this?  Maybe if pick up slow but don't understand the "choking" feeling at half clutch.

Throttle cleaning very cheap  nia ma.

If many years never clean b4 just  go ahead.

Newer car dun try to diy. Cos some time the settling will go out. U need a cpu to reaet.

The symptoms  of dirty throttle  is low rpm during idle.  Some  time even car die off at example traffic light.

• Praise 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:15 AM, Philipkee said:

Hi all,

So wanna ask.

IMHO, 63k mileage doesn't warrant throttle cleaning. How did the car stall? Can be ignition coil or maf issues.

You can drive to workshop and get the mechanic to check if it's dirty during your servicing. If dirty just spend abit more to clean. 

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

IMHO, 63k mileage doesn't warrant throttle cleaning. How did the car stall? Can be ignition coil or maf issues.

You can drive to workshop and get the mechanic to check if it's dirty during your servicing. If dirty just spend abit more to clean. 

Yea I got it cleaned.  

What happens is I move the car on half clutch.  Pedal pressure remain the same then while moving it suddenly "choke" and stall.  It's not like it gets "rougher" when you slowly release the clutch but it "chokes and stalls". More often it "chokes but doesn't stall" but you can feel the power suddenly cut.

Better now but dunno if its psychological or really better. The man said it was really dirty..

And I just realised checking of throttle is not part of the servicing routine.  Its something you must know to request for it.

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

Throttle cleaning very cheap  nia ma.

If many years never clean b4 just  go ahead.

Newer car dun try to diy. Cos some time the settling will go out. U need a cpu to reaet.

The symptoms  of dirty throttle  is low rpm during idle.  Some  time even car die off at example traffic light.

Yea I went a few days back to get the throttle cleaned.  I got a promotion on carousel so for $50 the person said it was dirty and removed the throttle to clean it.  This was done at autoserv.

Seems better now but dunno if it's really better or psychological.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

On 8/12/2020 at 3:39 PM, Philipkee said:

Yea I got it cleaned.  

What happens is I move the car on half clutch.  Pedal pressure remain the same then while moving it suddenly "choke" and stall.  It's not like it gets "rougher" when you slowly release the clutch but it "chokes and stalls". More often it "chokes but doesn't stall" but you can feel the power suddenly cut.

Better now but dunno if its psychological or really better. The man said it was really dirty..

And I just realised checking of throttle is not part of the servicing routine.  Its something you must know to request for it.

Yea I went a few days back to get the throttle cleaned.  I got a promotion on carousel so for $50 the person said it was dirty and removed the throttle to clean it.  This was done at autoserv.

Seems better now but dunno if it's really better or psychological.

IME and IIRC.

Dirty throttle body depends on the car make/model (non-ETC)  and the petrol used.
My previous car is like that,   low compression ratio engine and if use certain brands petrol,   the throttle body sure require cleaning. 
Which was why I  stuck with the brand of petrol that has an advert with the little men cleaning the engine. 
The dirty throttle body issue still will still come about but at a later mileage.

At that time, there are basically 2 methods,  use external throttle body spray or removal of throttle body.   
Removal of throttle body for cleaning can have issues of erratic RPM.  If cannot solve by reset of ECU or idle learn procedure, 
the throttle body needs to be replaced. 
I chose the external throttle body spray using 3M product.   Less risky as usually reset or idle learn can solve. 

Fast forward today,   petrol brand may or may not make any difference, but do choose the petrol that have lots of cleaning additives.
I do recommend regular cleaning of throttle body.  While ETC may in a way minimize the symptoms, it is still there. 

P.S.  Previously I use Scanguage II to monitor the throttle body which was why I could estimate when to do the 3M external throttle body cleaning. 
Today's equivalent would be using an OBD2 scanner and software. 😀

• Praise 1

Cleaning vacuum system, intake system and combustion chamber/ valves can be done with this canister connect to the engine vacuum hose - simple and easy even DIYers can do it.

Engine carbon cleaning_application.jpg

↡ Advertisement