Accident at AYE

Shorty

but not all drivers like that leh.

at least i wun.

i rather he ride in front of me then by my side (left or right), cos if he ride beside me, I need to adjust my vehicle slightly outwards cos i scare I drive too close to him and when i do that... a bigger car (which occupies almost the full width of the length) can potentially bang my car cos I drive too close to the next lane.

it's good if u really dont. cos i hv encountered many drivers like that, on a daily basis. the most irritating ones r those who can WAIT for cars to pass him...but once he sees a bike, he dont give a fark. he straight away changed lane. WTF right! y he can wait for the cars to pass n not another bike?

↡ Advertisement

i have no problems with rider road hogging too... often i even slow down so dun pressure them.

i only got problem if they ride by my side...

same sentiment here..i rather they ride on a lane than to do lane-splitting as it increases the danger of side-swiping

it's good if u really dont. cos i hv encountered many drivers like that, on a daily basis. the most irritating ones r those who can WAIT for cars to pass him...but once he sees a bike, he dont give a fark. he straight away changed lane. WTF right! y he can wait for the cars to pass n not another bike?

i really don't cos i only p plate and also dun want to get into accident. i try drive as safe as possible. :D

I got side swipe by a bike yesterday while waiting for traffic lights on my new car... Lucky no paint off, quite a hard knock on the initial impact. If can't estimate the width of the bike, please don't add another helmet at the side....

This morning just saw a motorcycle pinned under a lancer, both badly damaged. fortunately the motorcyclist was seen sitting by the road side, apparently well.

noon time, i was turning right at a traffic light cross junction, the lorry in front of me just turn right straight into the path of oncoming cars. just before a perpendicular impact, the car swerved away and avoided an ugly accident. i wonder what was the lorry thinking.

I got side swipe by a bike yesterday while waiting for traffic lights on my new car... Lucky no paint off, quite a hard knock on the initial impact. If can't estimate the width of the bike, please don't add another helmet at the side....

this one also i dont understand. y they like to hang their spare helmet at the side. some worse...hang the helmet on their arm.

Internal Moderator

this one also i dont understand. y they like to hang their spare helmet at the side. some worse...hang the helmet on their arm.

Nothing wrong with hanging helmet by the side eh.

Only wrong if you hang by the side, and ride in the middle of lanes.

If you hang there but just ride on own lane, you won't affect anyone ma.

Lane is so big and only a bike.

And I think it's so common for bikers to ride in the middle of lane. We've alr got used to it.

Drivers just have to be a little more patient, and give some space to the bikes ba. [:)]

i think it should be fine... the other time i kiss a volkswagen backside. but this guy is experience.. the first question he ask me is am I alright, and not all the vulgarities. then we take a look at each others car before exchanging contact and I/C (because its quite late like 8+ and jammed PIE). So next day we meet up to go workshop for quote and the boot is actually out of shape. Paid him $1.5k and settle. He also wrote a letter stating the necessary details before going off. He scare I sabo him say he eat my money [:p]

non-riders wont know what it is like to be tailgated and pushed out of the lane by drivers.

at the same time, get criticized for lane splitting.

I have no problems with riders riding in the centre of a lane, provided they keep up with the traffic in front of them.

I got so pissed off numerous times when these "good riders" were actually hogging the lane and let so many cars cut in front of them.

And yes, I was patiently driving behind them on each occassion until I reached my tolerance limit.

Hi shorty,

hope that you are alright.

Were you wearing protective gears at that time? if not, its time that you get yourself protected; itll help to save some skin.

p/s: I am one of the very few pple who dont ride between lanes.

Then I hope you're one of those who stick to the left-most lane, and keep to the side.

No offence, but I really buay tahan those motorcyclists who ride (slowly) in the middle of the lanes (esp. lanes 1 or 2), .. paying no heed to high-beams and horns, .. compelling drivers to filter.

To those: Please be considerate lah!

Then I hope you're one of those who stick to the left-most lane, and keep to the side.

No offence, but I really buay tahan those motorcyclists who ride (slowly) in the middle of the lanes (esp. lanes 1 or 2), .. paying no heed to high-beams and horns, .. compelling drivers to filter.

no offense but to be fair to riders...

must see traffic conditions?

1. Ahead of rider, any cars? If got cars (also travelling slow speed), how he ride fast?

2. You can horn if the rider front got no car and long stretch to ride on. This way he is really hogging.

3. Busy lanes on the left and right? Rider may not have the confidence to change lane when its fast moving?

I am a driver myself, and i cannot tahan road hoggers too.

Either go fast in lane 1, or dun take up lane 1 at all.

To me, going at normal speed is acceptable for lane 2. Whether its car or bikes, if other vehicles want to over take, they should use lane 1.

I think riding a big bike does help in some way. Somehow, drivers tend to be more tolerant to big bikes taking up a whole lane.

Neutral Newbie

All he has is US currency at that moment...

Mine all rupiah. .. :blink:

Reminds me of an incident in mid 90s...was heading towards Spore from KL when got stopped by their TP for 'speeding'. After checking particulars of my colleague ( hes d driver ), we somehow understood that d TP requesting kopi money. So my frend told him we have used up all our money except some loose notes but in USD. Asked if hes ok n as expected he agreed. The exchange rate were good those days. But the onli prob is dat the notes were counterfeit, my colleague himself gt duped into receiving those notes. He onli told me abt d notes onli after we moved off. Hahaha we had a good laugh tinking how he might react after a trip to the money changer.

yup..im riding btwn lanes. nothing wrong with that. find me a rider who doesnt. as long as done slowly n safely. if the road was dry, dont think i will skid.

anyway not to pin any blame on anybody. i will take the blame. just to make sure i dont get played by the driver. if any of u guys know of this driver, please ask him to call me. i am 100% sure USD150 is enough to cover his dent repair.

you can continue to ride like this. This time you are lucky and you better pray that are always lucky.

Nothing wrong with hanging helmet by the side eh.

Only wrong if you hang by the side, and ride in the middle of lanes.

If you hang there but just ride on own lane, you won't affect anyone ma.

Lane is so big and only a bike.

And I think it's so common for bikers to ride in the middle of lane. We've alr got used to it.

Drivers just have to be a little more patient, and give some space to the bikes ba. [:)]

bro, not that we dont give space. most of the time they just want to squeeze through. i have lost count how many times my sensor beep when they squeeze.

many riders are crossing 鬼门关 everday without knowing. i hope is not too late when they find out.

Good luck to those who want to ride at the middle of the land and alway want to squeeze in between cars.

Internal Moderator

bro, not that we dont give space. most of the time they just want to squeeze through. i have lost count how many times my sensor beep when they squeeze.

many riders are crossing 鬼门关 everday without knowing. i hope is not too late when they find out.

Good luck to those who want to ride at the middle of the land and alway want to squeeze in between cars.

Hahaha. Eh, I am not a bro btw.