Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1.  Noticed the game was pretty rough or did our players keep falling over. A Good Start.

Edited by Tarmac
  • Praise 1

I was shocked when I saw the starting line up containing wilock, nelson and chambers but Emery prove me wrong.

Crucial 3 points. I would take this 1-0 scoreline even before the match..

On the other hand, I was surprised that the Police and Arsenal FC couldn't do anything much to eliminate the threat from the London gang.

Wondering how long will Kolasinac and Ozil will be unavailable for selection if this saga continue to drag.

• Praise 1

chambers look good... let's hope he continue to improve

wilock looks set more for game time but to do that, he need to displace xhaka, guendozi, torreria and ceballos...... guess we will see him in cup and EL matches more

nelson seems to be trying too hard to prove himself

supposedly, whatever happen to ozil and sead has turned into a gang war but i have a feeling it may be related to ozil and the turkish president.. note the names of the 2 guys arrested

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/10/police-arrest-two-men-outside-mesut-ozils-house-led-sead-kolasinac/

Ferhat Ercan and Salaman Ekinci, both 27, were charged under section 4a of the Public Order Act on Friday and are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court next month.

chambers look good... let's hope he continue to improve

wilock looks set more for game time but to do that, he need to displace xhaka, guendozi, torreria and ceballos...... guess we will see him in cup and EL matches more

nelson seems to be trying too hard to prove himself

supposedly, whatever happen to ozil and sead has turned into a gang war but i have a feeling it may be related to ozil and the turkish president.. note the names of the 2 guys arrested

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/10/police-arrest-two-men-outside-mesut-ozils-house-led-sead-kolasinac/

Ferhat Ercan and Salaman Ekinci, both 27, were charged under section 4a of the Public Order Act on Friday and are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court next month.

Football and politics shd nvr mix

Tell that to the german NT

On the bright side, maybe ozil will go USA though I wish he stay 1 more season just to see how he perform with the current squad

Many are egging for him to go, but with his massive wages will be difficult. In light of the recent incidents, i think he will also be considering moving.

Just hope he will bring Mustafi with him..

• Praise 1

No doubt Ozil does shows glimpse of quality occasionally but that is like once in a blue moon. It is always like this.. play 1 good match. Then went invisible for 3-4 matches.. then fall ill for another 2-3 weeks. Far too few to justify his wages. He is too soft & not suitable for EPL. We have given him more than sufficient time/game to prove himself. If there is a chance to offload him for a reasonable fee, I would say go ahead and don't look back.

I would prefer to stick with Miki/Ceballos for the No10 role for this season.

Edited by Derf8988

Many are egging for him to go, but with his massive wages will be difficult. In light of the recent incidents, i think he will also be considering moving.

Just hope he will bring Mustafi with him..

i read sead wife left the country.... looks like sead may leave too

mustafi i quite certain he will leave... in the interview after the match, emery mentioned david luis, chambers and holding but no mustafi..... and for chambers to play instead of mustafi, it means mustafi is now 5th choice

guess only china league can afford ozil.... but yes recent incidents may just push him to leave even for lower wages

No doubt Ozil does shows glimpse of quality occasionally but that is like once in a blue moon. It is always like this.. play 1 good match. Then went invisible for 3-4 matches.. then fall ill for another 2-3 weeks. Far too few to justify his wages. He is too soft & not suitable for EPL. We have given him more than sufficient time/game to prove himself. If there is a chance to offload him for a reasonable fee, I would say go ahead and don't look back.

I would prefer to stick with Miki/Ceballos for the No10 role for this season.

actually i was reading some people commenting... ozil can't perform is partly due to him having to go all the way to midfield to get the ball, which reduced his effectiveness. this drop in form coincide with carzola injury.... and the reason we got ceballos, is to perform carzola role so ozil can play at no. 10

of course all this are paper talk but i really hope to see ozil at his best... similar to his first season with us

actually i was reading some people commenting... ozil can't perform is partly due to him having to go all the way to midfield to get the ball, which reduced his effectiveness. this drop in form coincide with carzola injury.... and the reason we got ceballos, is to perform carzola role so ozil can play at no. 10

of course all this are paper talk but i really hope to see ozil at his best... similar to his first season with us

I get what you mean.

I was a big ozil fan.

In 2014 (the year arsenal signed Sanchez), I went to emirates stadium.

While everyone was buying/printing Alexis on their Arsenal Puma jersey, I printed Ozil on mine.

When Ozil was playing not so well back then.. I believed that Giroud was the problem (ie he is not getting into good position/ he is not clinical enough).

When Laca joined, I thought Ozil will rack up bucket of assist, contributing to Laca goals. But he is still inconsistent.

When Auba Joined, I was also looking forward to Ozil assisting Auba/Laca.. Again.. he is still inconsistent.

That's why I am not putting high hope on Ozil anymore even with the addition pepe..

We have given him 6 years to prove himself. I hope he prove me wrong this season.

Miki may not be as talented as ozil.. but I find that he seem to have better chemistry with auba.

He shows more fighting spirit and is more willing to try. When he lost the ball.. he bother to chase and try to get it back.

In fact.. I find him playing quite well vs Newcastle despite missing a golden chance and a few misplace pass.. not sure why people are criticizing him in facebook.

I get what you mean.

I was a big ozil fan.

In 2014 (the year arsenal signed Sanchez), I went to emirates stadium.

While everyone was buying/printing Alexis on their Arsenal Puma jersey, I printed Ozil on mine.

When Ozil was playing not so well back then.. I believed that Giroud was the problem (ie he is not getting into good position/ he is not clinical enough).

When Laca joined, I thought Ozil will rack up bucket of assist, contributing to Laca goals. But he is still inconsistent.

When Auba Joined, I was also looking forward to Ozil assisting Auba/Laca.. Again.. he is still inconsistent.

That's why I am not putting high hope on Ozil anymore even with the addition pepe..

We have given him 6 years to prove himself. I hope he prove me wrong this season.

Miki may not be as talented as ozil.. but I find that he seem to have better chemistry with auba.

He shows more fighting spirit and is more willing to try. When he lost the ball.. he bother to chase and try to get it back.

In fact.. I find him playing quite well vs Newcastle despite missing a golden chance and a few misplace pass.. not sure why people are criticizing him in facebook.

agree on the chemistry with auba part.... and yes he willing to come back to defend

but i think what people are unhappy about is him slowing down counter attacks and misplacing many passes.... 15 misplaced pass in the first half vs newcastle and when you include he ballooned the ball in front of goal...... just hope it's only pre season rust

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/newcastle-united-v-arsenal-aubameyang-maitland-niles

agree on the chemistry with auba part.... and yes he willing to come back to defend

but i think what people are unhappy about is him slowing down counter attacks and misplacing many passes.... 15 misplaced pass in the first half vs newcastle and when you include he ballooned the ball in front of goal...... just hope it's only pre season rust

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/newcastle-united-v-arsenal-aubameyang-maitland-niles

Wow! 15 misplaced pass. thanks for highlighting that.

1 thing I noticed from the match last week is.. whenever he got the ball.. he pass/dribble upwards to the opposition goal post instead of doing sideward/backward pass. Maybe that contribute to more misplaced pass compared to others.

If auba has scored from that lofted pass from Miki.. I think it will look better for him (miki).

All in all.. happy with the win :)

Wow! 15 misplaced pass. thanks for highlighting that.

1 thing I noticed from the match last week is.. whenever he got the ball.. he pass/dribble upwards to the opposition goal post instead of doing sideward/backward pass. Maybe that contribute to more misplaced pass compared to others.

If auba has scored from that lofted pass from Miki.. I think it will look better for him (miki).

All in all.. happy with the win :)

yeah happy with the win.... 37 more to go

Some positive news ahead of the burnley match.

Ozil and Kolasinac has returned to training.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49359867

postive anot... depends on if the club wants to offload him  [laugh]

i not too sure if he is in time for this match... hopefully we use it to give ceballos and pepe game time instead

kos can come in for monreal though

↡ Advertisement