Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

climbed up to 3rd in premier league before the 2 week INTL break.

Despite that, we are yet to win convincingly in the premier league (except league cup/Europa league).

Every match that we are winning in the PL is always nervy towards the end and I always hope that the ref will blow the final whistle asap.

Looking forward to Tierney/ bellerin/holding/Lacazette to return and hopefully we will play much better with them. COYG

Why is Xhaka still playing.. good vibes from the young guns. 

Pepe needs to turn up at the game if another few games' time or some fans are gonna lose patience.

2 hours ago, Tarmac said:

Why is Xhaka still playing.. good vibes from the young guns. 

Pepe needs to turn up at the game if another few games' time or some fans are gonna lose patience.

He is the Captain ... 😩

Really sad to see the state of our football. Under unai emery our football is so so unwatchable. I feel we have really regressed, even though I think our players are better than what AW had in his last few seasons...

image.png.99b40f243b37d1dc4837b150ef7f30ae.png

Suddenly miss Ah Seng...

• Sad 1

Please do not miss Le Boss. He's gone and gone he should have a few seasons before getting the boot. Unai Emery is still new (compared to his predecessor), give him time, like how you would give Pepe.

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

Please do not miss Le Boss. He's gone and gone he should have a few seasons before getting the boot. Unai Emery is still new (compared to his predecessor), give him time, like how you would give Pepe.

Hopefully now we are nearing full squad with HB, KT, RH and laca back he shd really to play what we are capable of. 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Matoonia said:

Really sad to see the state of our football. Under unai emery our football is so so unwatchable. I feel we have really regressed, even though I think our players are better than what AW had in his last few seasons...

image.png.99b40f243b37d1dc4837b150ef7f30ae.png

Suddenly miss Ah Seng...

I share your feel. I am never the faction of supporters that hope AW get sack.

Wenger, with a lesser squad played a much more entertaining football than UE who is equipped with a stronger squad.

Result wise.. I read somewhere that UE record for the first 47 games is not any better than AW last 47 games at arsenal.

UE turn arsenal from an attacking side into a defensive side but they still concede loads of goals.

Last but not least.. he is not sure of his first eleven after so many games.. Very worrying.

• Praise 1

You need to consider they are managing in different eras and circumstances. In the early years (it was a decline thereafter), France was reigning World Champions, he had the influence in French circles and the services of core players from France national squad. Also, there weren't too many oil tycoons buying over premier league clubs, then supporting their new "toy" with tonnes of dollar bills. If you still need an example, when the crown was ripe for the taking, Le Boss fluffed it and Leicester went on to win the league. Le Boss is now 70 years old and an old stubborn fool, that had such deeply sunk roots with AFC that it was such a challenge to remove him. I thank him for what he had brought to the Club but as said, he should have left several season before given the boot. YMMV.

Edited by Tarmac

Yes, AW is history. Maybe cos he just celebrated his 70th, that's why suddenly 'miss' him. Maybe we shd give Unai more time as you say, but just feel his brand of football is unbearable.

Coincidentally Arseblog just had an article on him. I think not only me, many fans are also feeling the same

https://arseblog.com/2019/10/did-arsenal-give-unai-emery-a-job-he-cant-do/

Just hope that we are all wrong and he will bring this club glory again.

I am not comparing AW first 47 games vs UE first 47 games.

Rather, I am comparing AW last 47 games (his worst time) vs UE first 47 games (which should be about same Era I believe).

Many of us started following Arsenal because of AW's style of football.

He gave us not only beautiful football/memories/trophies (esp in his first 10 years), but also an Emirates stadium and a healthy financial for Arsenal while keeping Arsenal competitive. While I know you thank him for what he brought to the club, it is not so good to call him stubborn old fool. I respect him deep down from my heart.

As much as I hope to believe that UE can bring the club back to glory, the way Arsenal play lacks identity even after his 1year+ in charge. They are always lack of ideas, got dominated by lesser opposition and most of the time require Auba moment of brilliance to rescue them. If Auba don't score.. Arsenal is in trouble. Not talking about the Sheffield match, even other EPL matches that Arsenal won... it is always nervy and far from convincing.

Edited by Derf8988
  • Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

i still don't know what does  both managers see in xhaka

Not only both the managers, but Xhaka was apparently voted by his peers to be the capt of the team. There must be something that goes on in the dressing room or training pitch that we do not know of. Or maybe he's very generous towards his team mates, staff and manager, or super likeable man.. Really hope to know one day...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Matoonia said:

Not only both the managers, but Xhaka was apparently voted by his peers to be the capt of the team. There must be something that goes on in the dressing room or training pitch that we do not know of. Or maybe he's very generous towards his team mates, staff and manager, or super likeable man.. Really hope to know one day...

and also swiss captain....

surely they all k now something that we do not know

having said that... we still concede 2 goals with wilock and torerria

and if HB, RH and KT are our first 11 in defence..... jialat liao

↡ Advertisement