Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

I see some fighting spirit at the Selhurst Park game. That's encouraging at least. Time for Martinelli to step up to the mantle. Get rid of Lacazette I say, a strong player indeed but ultimately a dead weight.

↡ Advertisement

I am starting to think that the VAR is costing us quite a lot.

Indeed Aubameyang's challenge look bad, but that was unintentional and definitely a mistime tackle. There are cases where referee seen such tackle, gave yellow card for such tackle and case close. 

I am not saying his tackle don't warrant a red card but it is the way VAR cherry pick incident to review to determine the 'appropriate' punishment and overwrite the referee that frustrate me - reducing us to 10 men and taking away our most potent striker.

Why didn't they review Jorginho's intentional shirt tugging on Guerndouzi during the clash with Chelsea few weeks ago?

And I still don't know how did Sokratis's goal (during our Oct Clash with Crystal Palace) got disallow by VAR because of Chamber's non existence 'foul'.

I am just ranting.. shall look forward to the next match. coyg!

Edited by Derf8988

1 hour ago, Derf8988 said:

Indeed Aubameyang's challenge look bad, but that was unintentional and definitely a mistime tackle. There are cases where referee seen such tackle, gave yellow card for such tackle and case close. 

I am not saying his tackle don't warrant a red card but it is the way VAR cherry pick incident to review to determine the 'appropriate' punishment and overwrite the referee that frustrate me - reducing us to 10 men and taking away our most potent striker.

Why didn't they review Jorginho's intentional shirt tugging on Guerndouzi during the clash with Chelsea few weeks ago?

And I still don't know how did Sokratis's goal (during our Oct Clash with Crystal Palace) got disallow by VAR because of Chamber's non existence 'foul'.

someone mentioned that there was a similar foul (maybe even worse) by robertson in Spurs vs Liverpool and no card was given...  andboth auba and robertson incident was reviewed by the same VAR official 

as i always say... VAR makes it easier to kelong....

2 hours ago, Derf8988 said:

To clarify, there are only certain situations where VAR intervenes. Whether there were any infringements before a goal is scored, offsides, possible red card offences (the Auba case) etc

The Jorginho case is possible second yellow card which doesn't fall under VAR jurisdictions hence it can't be reviewed even if it was clear and obvious.

I feel football shld follow tennis and allow a team to appeal for VAR intervention say 2 x a game and not restrict to only certain situations, my 2 cents. 

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Spring said:

To clarify, there are only certain situations where VAR intervenes. Whether there were any infringements before a goal is scored, offsides, possible red card offences (the Auba case) etc

The Jorginho case is possible second yellow card which doesn't fall under VAR jurisdictions hence it can't be reviewed even if it was clear and obvious.

I feel football shld follow tennis and allow a team to appeal for VAR intervention say 2 x a game and not restrict to only certain situations, my 2 cents. 

If every fouls and tackles needs VAR, then instead of 90 minutes game, extend the time to 120 minutes. 

Every VAR checks about 2 - 3 minutes and football become very boring as every now & then stopped to check VAR... :wacko:

If teams plays too many games (like 48 hours later), then fouls a lot cause you have 2-3 minutes rest for every fouls... :secret-laugh:

7 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If every fouls and tackles needs VAR, then instead of 90 minutes game, extend the time to 120 minutes. 

Every VAR checks about 2 - 3 minutes and football become very boring as every now & then stopped to check VAR... :wacko:

If teams plays too many games (like 48 hours later), then fouls a lot cause you have 2-3 minutes rest for every fouls... :secret-laugh:

That’s why my suggestion is only to allow each team 2 challenges per game so as not to let teams abuse the process n prolong the match unnecessarily. If u don’t even allow challenges then fouls like Jorginho’s will go unpunished n even last Sunday’s Spurs v Pool match, the goal shld not hv stood as throw in was for Spurs n not Pool. 

Challenges allow the aggrieved teams an appeal process to correct mistakes outside the current framework of what VAR is allowed to do. 

• Praise 4

21 hours ago, Spring said:

Thanks for pointing out the circumstances where VAR will intervenes.

I agree with you that VAR should not be restrict to only certain situation. Not only Penalty/straight red card are crucial decision.

That 2nd yellow card against Jorginho is as crucial and he goes on to score that equalizer shortly and stage Chelsea's comeback.

Another case was the clash between Arsenal and Sheffield Utd.. Arsenal should have been awarded penalty in my opinion but VAR did not correct the decision.

We are already faring poorly and the VAR is rubbing salt to us.

Look at 1:21 (sokratis) and 4:21 (saka) of that video.

Edited by Derf8988
  • Praise 1

VAR supposed to make the game more impartial but in the end is still the referee that makes the call to use VAR or not. I also agree that teams shd be given a "challenge" like in Tennis to review fouls etc. But not too many as VAR slows down the game, maybe one "challenge" for each team.

6 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

Next game - Sheffield United. Surely we can take this one.

SU is doing well, not a gimme game. Sad reality is that even if we win, we will still be behind SU in the table. And Auba is out for 3 games, so don't know where our goals will come from. Anw will be behind the team! COYG!

Robbed of a victory again... Was a clear penalty for pepe. Am sure if its another team confirm stone cold penalty.. When will var and ref decision ever be on our favour instead of against us all the time

• Praise 1

Injustice/VAR costs us ~10 points  and we should be battling 4th position at least now had the decision been more neutral to us.

Sheffield Away games - 3 points ( 2 penalties denied)

Chelsea Home games - 1 to 3 points (Jorginho 2nd yellow card)

Crystal Palace (home) - 2 points (Sokratis goal disallowed for non-existence foul by Chamber)

Sheffield Home game - 2 points (pepe's penalty denied).

Prefer to focus on the positive instead.

Didn't watch the match this round but based on highlights, pepe is lively and is constantly a threat (correct me if I am wrong). We fare quite well in Aubameyang's absence but conceded again due to an unlucky deflected shot. Luck and referee is not with us in EPL games.

I feel that Arteta should prioritise Europa league over EPL if there is any overloading of fixtures going forward to have a decent chance of qualifying for CL next season.

COYG!

Edited by Derf8988

Again, the spirit is willing but the final output is not the same. It is like shoring up midfield will result in a weaker attack or having more attack will result in no defense.. in a detrimental way.  It is going to be a long road ahead for Gooners, we cannot even find a top manager as replacement - speak volumes.

Edited by Tarmac

12 hours ago, Tarmac said:

Again, the spirit is willing but the final output is not the same. It is like shoring up midfield will result in a weaker attack or having more attack will result in no defense.. in a detrimental way.  It is going to be a long road ahead for Gooners, we cannot even find a top manager as replacement - speak volumes. 

Essentially this season is a write off, may not even have Europa place. What I will like to see is to play youngsters more and use this season to prepare for the next, especially more from Martinelli, Tierney (when he is back), Saka. Really need quality in MF which we are severely lacking. Hopefully it will be addressed in the summer.

↡ Advertisement