Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

Just saw the highlights. What an emotional roller coastal - from erroneous Mustafi's backpass which led to Luiz sending off and conceding a penalty, to Martinelli's 50 year dash of a goal, to conceding late, to Bellerin's never-say-die attitude of an equaliser.

It felt like 1 pt gained rather than 2 pts dropped. Everyone's buying into Arteta's rein. There're still things to play for (FA Cup, Europa) this season, but EPL 4th place trophy could be a bridge too far now.

Mustafi has his chance and he has proven time and again that he cmi. But Martinelli, what a signing at only 6 mil pounds!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

Just saw the highlights. What an emotional roller coastal - from erroneous Mustafi's backpass which led to Luiz sending off and conceding a penalty, to Martinelli's 50 year dash of a goal, to conceding late, to Bellerin's never-say-die attitude of an equaliser.

It felt like 1 pt gained rather than 2 pts dropped. Everyone's buying into Arteta's rein. There're still things to play for (FA Cup, Europa) this season, but EPL 4th place trophy could be a bridge too far now.

Mustafi has his chance and he has proven time and again that he cmi. But Martinelli, what a signing at only 6 mil pounds!

both chelsea and asn dun deserve top 4.........

55 minutes ago, Beregond said:

both chelsea and asn dun deserve top 4.........

Yes Ars don't deserve, but I still secretly hoping they will end up there. It's been so long that we are out of CL, if few more years like this, I'm afraid we will not see CL for a long long time

Mustafi... I still can't believe he costs us $30mil+.

To be honest, if Arsenal qualify for CL, even the most loyal supporters will know that they won't be able to win the competition unless miracle happen (like that porto year/ Greece win euro).

But Arsenal has to qualify for it due to the revenue & to attract top players to play for us (to facilitate our rebuilding process).

I read an article somewhere that spurs has overtake us in term of revenue generated this season and it was largely due to us not participating in CL.

Qualifying through EPL top 4 is difficult now. We can only rely on qualifying by winning the Europa league.

Edited by Derf8988

9 hours ago, Tarmac said:

Do we confirm a new defender?  He's 1.93m.

Someone supposedly excellent in the air, good passing ability but a little slow. At under £10m, 2 out of 3 pt ain’t bad. If he’s English, 1 out of 3 would have cost us £20m. 

Anyway money isn’t everything. McGuire cost MU £80m but he’s nowhere performing at VVD’s level. 

So a good win over Bournemouth this morning. I really disliked VAR which takes the passion away from the game. Unlike in recent times, I'm actually positive and confident that we will beat Burnley in the next game.

The improvements in the field are quite visible.

Pepe with 2A and 1G, MOTM for me. But Saka, Ceballos and Ozil all played well too. Ozil's goal was the best, more than 30 passes made before he scored. Laca's goal was the most celebrated, can see what it means to him and the others. 4 different scorers, and all needed a boost especially Laca and Ozil who broke their droughts. Finally we have an emphatic win and hope this will be the turning point for us. And I can finally eat enough prata kosong to feel full. COYG!

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Matoonia said:

Pepe with 2A and 1G, MOTM for me. But Saka, Ceballos and Ozil all played well too. Ozil's goal was the best, more than 30 passes made before he scored. Laca's goal was the most celebrated, can see what it means to him and the others. 4 different scorers, and all needed a boost especially Laca and Ozil who broke their droughts. Finally we have an emphatic win and hope this will be the turning point for us. And I can finally eat enough prata kosong to feel full. COYG!

A ray of sunshine at last! Never thought I would say this but besides the obvious performers like Saka, Pepe, Ceballos, Ozil, Mustafi looked very determined and brave yesterday. Back to his pre-world cup winning form?

Arteta is doing wonders - bringing back to life the likes of Xhaka, Mustafi and Ozil from the dead. Love the way the team celebrated Laca's goal together. Money can't buy such camaraderie. 

With Man City banned from UCL next season, even 5th place becomes a trophy. Now just coerce Saka to sign that new contract please.

11 hours ago, Tarmac said:

Newcastle was not even trying. Not something to be very pleased about. Next game!

Bro did you watch the game? Newcastle not even trying? In the first 30 mins Newcastle was all over us, esp their No 10 kept tormenting us all night. We could have been behind if not Leno. Even at 2-0 it could have been 2-1. Dun know how it can be said not trying.. 

12 hours ago, Matoonia said:

Bro did you watch the game? Newcastle not even trying? In the first 30 mins Newcastle was all over us, esp their No 10 kept tormenting us all night. We could have been behind if not Leno. Even at 2-0 it could have been 2-1. Dun know how it can be said not trying.. 

I watched the highlights. I see their keeper being very very poor in the game. It seems that their players were half-hearted and walking when they should be running and fighting for the possession.

While every 3 points and victory is to appreciated, if we had to work so hard to win the current Newcastle team at home, I do not see a cause for fuss or celebration. For example, trumpeting on the no. of passes before Ozil scored when the opposition is just waiting for the whistle to blow. I would certainly hold AFC to the standard I know and love - but not this. AFC can definitely do better.

Edited by Tarmac

12 hours ago, Tarmac said:

I watched the highlights. I see their keeper being very very poor in the game. It seems that their players were half-hearted and walking when they should be running and fighting for the possession.

While every 3 points and victory is to appreciated, if we had to work so hard to win the current Newcastle team at home, I do not see a cause for fuss or celebration. For example, trumpeting on the no. of passes before Ozil scored when the opposition is just waiting for the whistle to blow. I would certainly hold AFC to the standard I know and love - but not this. AFC can definitely do better.

Not really bro. Highlights will definitely make Newcastle look bad, especially a 4-0 routing. But trust me, they did huff and puff and almost blew the house down.

I am also not getting overboard with this victory but I hope this will be a turning point for us and like you, I will be over the moon if they can not only keep up but do even better.

Onwards to Olympiakos now! COYG!

• Praise 1