Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

After last week action... Man Utd/Chelsea/Spurs/Leicester all drop points..

If we win our game in hand, we will only be 2 points off top 5 or 5 points off top 4 with 10 more games to play.

UCL spot is still very much possible and it is left to Arsenal to fight till the end.

I used to say that Arsenal should focus on Europa league.. but now I take back my word.

It could be a blessing in disguise to get knock out of Europa league.. our player will have more rest and it definitely will help us in our final push for the remaining PL games.

Let's win 1 game at a time.

I am optimistic.

COYG !

• Praise 1

Hopefully we can be ruthless against Portsmouth tomorrow morning, just to get the disappointment of the Europa exit out of the system. 

Still in the running for the FA Cup. Did Arsenal won the most FA Cups haha!

Arsenal (1930, 1936, 1950, 1971, 1979, 1993, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2017)

On 3/3/2020 at 9:14 PM, Tarmac said:

Still in the running for the FA Cup. Did Arsenal won the most FA Cups haha!

Arsenal (1930, 1936, 1950, 1971, 1979, 1993, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2017)

We face sheff utd in the next round. Still many big guns left in manc, chel, lei, manu.. 

13 hours ago, Matoonia said:

We face sheff utd in the next round. Still many big guns left in manc, chel, lei, manu.. 

We'll take them on!

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Good 3 points earned.

For the first time (in a long time), VAR worked in our favour! Nketiah missed 2 goal scoring opportunities or it would have been more comfortable. In the end, Leno saved the game for us.

3-wins-in-a-row in EPL now. Arteta has undoubtedly squeezed more out from the same set of players than Emery. We were in danger of being dragged into a relegation battle just 3 mth ago, but now have a genuine shot at the UCL spot(s). Fortune favours the brave - in this case, the appointment of a rookie mgr to a big club like the Arsenal.

• Praise 1

Very poor game but we got 3 points.. Other than saka and Leno, rest are just moving bodies on the pitch.. West ham could have been 3 up at the break. We are very lucky to get 3 points. Next game we play like this against manc we'll be slaughtered! 

(edited)

Watched the game. West Ham almost invited us to attack throughout the game. Ceballos was playing great and pulling strings in central midfield but was due to reason stated above.  Most players were up for the game, even Ozil seemed 125% more energetic that what was already a lethargic player, so.. 75% x 1.25 = still only 93.75% energy.

VAR goal? It would have been a no goal in the football world I know. What a lucky break for the Gunners, who in my opinion did not deserved the three points. Nketiah was terrible. New boy Mari was doing good. Louiz was his usual, erratic self when it comes to defending. Had West Ham not decided sit back for most parts of the game, I think Hammers would have nicked a goal or two in 90 minutes - that was how bad and ready to be exploited AFC had become.

TLDR; AFC had not improved. Same thing week in week out, mileage varies according to venue and opposition in question.  Buy big (transfer-wise) and stay small.

A win is a win. Let us be grateful for the points.

Edited by Tarmac

12 hours ago, Tarmac said:

Is the EPL going to restart soon?

Yes, our 1st game is is 18th June against Manc away.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1