Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

Ht 2-0 from auba brace. We not playing too well, but got 2 goals from 2 attempts. Watford have chances could not convert. 

Our width once again exposed badly. Hope to see Tierney and bells come in soon and we will be so much better. 

Terrible game plan. Awful. I don’t understand what is the rationale of getting the keeper to pass the ball to the cb who is standing behind him and doing shortpass within your own penalty box when they know opponent is pressing. Guendouzi gave the ball away twice in/near the penalty area because of this stupid tactics. fortunately watford didn’t score. But sokratis’s mistake lead to a goal. 

Amn struggled to contain deulofeu and gave the ball cheaply away numerous time despite that assist. Guendouzi is Bad today. Nelson isn’t ready for first team action. 

Leno and Aubameyang earn us that 1 point but this is a 2 point dropped. 

Edited by Derf8988
  • Praise 1

I also don't understand why UE persists with this play from the back. When Watford had so many players pressing us from the goal kick and yet we still do it. Very obvious it was UE instructions to do it at all costs. Can see sokratis and most of our players just aren't comfortable with it. We dun have ball players like manc, and we subbed out the only 2 who are capable of doing that. After that it's one way street from the last placed team. We allowed the last placed team 30 attempts on goal, more than we have ever conceded. Really hope UE has learnt from this. Still have 33 games to go. If not he has to go. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Matoonia said:

I also don't understand why UE persists with this play from the back. When Watford had so many players pressing us from the goal kick and yet we still do it. Very obvious it was UE instructions to do it at all costs. Can see sokratis and most of our players just aren't comfortable with it. We dun have ball players like manc, and we subbed out the only 2 who are capable of doing that. After that it's one way street from the last placed team. We allowed the last placed team 30 attempts on goal, more than we have ever conceded. Really hope UE has learnt from this. Still have 33 games to go. If not he has to go. 

Agree with you bro. Thanks for reminding that Watford is the last placed team.

Ceballos and Ozil.. both player that orchestrate the 2 goals that Arsenal scored got sub out 60 mins and 70 mins respectively and it is 1 way traffic kena whack by Watford afterwards.

Our defence is shaky.. Insisting to play out from the back like what arsenal did is pushing his own defence to make more mistakes. Arsenal players has been coming out to apologise after every match. David Luiz Apologized after the Liverpool match. Xhaka Apologize after the Spurs match. Now.. Sokratis also say sorry.

Arsenal has lost their style of play. The squad is worth few hundred millions and yet UE make them play like a small team.  

Might as well bring back Wenger if this continue. At least we get to enjoy beautiful football.

• Praise 2

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on Canal Plus: "I feel like we are literally giving goals to the opposition."

Xhaka, the Arsenal captain, was asked what had gone wrong. “That’s a good question,” he said. “At half‑time we went to the dressing room and everything was good. Everyone was happy but we came out and played such a bad second half. You have to say we are happy to take a point. We were scared in the second half. We knew they would come at us and push us hard but we have to show more character and not be scared. We have spoken about it. We cannot give a performance like this in the second half.”

Sokratis " Today’s result is not good for us. I feel responsible for this result, so I would like to apologise to all of you. I don’t like to hide, and I will keep working hard in order to achieve our goals. "

Players are scared, no confidence, no trust.. And UE is gg to persist with this tiki taka from the back.. I think our season might be over by Oct..can only hope for your rivals to fall to keep top 4 alive

I was reading the post match interview by Emery.

on if he's going to have to rethink how we play out from goal kicks...
"Yes but after their goal we tried once more and we broke their lines and we get into the attacking third with space. We didn't achieve good chances in less moments we did that, but we need to repeat and we need also to have the capacity and to improve with be able to break when the teams want to press us like today, Watford was doing that."

Even if Arsenal break their pressing from the goal kick, we are still far from goal.

If they intercept our short pass in our own penalty box - Good luck to us.

Is it worth the risk? Definitely a no for me.

27 minutes ago, Derf8988 said:

I was reading the post match interview by Emery.

on if he's going to have to rethink how we play out from goal kicks...
"Yes but after their goal we tried once more and we broke their lines and we get into the attacking third with space. We didn't achieve good chances in less moments we did that, but we need to repeat and we need also to have the capacity and to improve with be able to break when the teams want to press us like today, Watford was doing that." 

Even if Arsenal break their pressing from the goal kick, we are still far from goal.

If they intercept our short pass in our own penalty box - Good luck to us.

Is it worth the risk? Definitely a no for me.

It's not worth the risk lah. Even the 2nd goal is not really a result of playing from the back. We had all 11 watford players in their own half when we string 20 passes and take our time to pick out Ozil to find the through ball.

The purpose of playing from the back is the break the line quickly, and advance quickly once the line break. But when we play the GK to CB nonsense it's always break the line then sideway passing again which defeat the whole purpose. Basically we don't have the players to advance the ball quickly from defence to attack. Maybe only ceballos. Like that we might as well just hit a longer ball to players further upfield. You look at ederson he also mix it up sometimes, not die die must pass to the CBs. Can ping longer ball to the FBs or the MF in the centre. Not compulsory to make short pass for the CB! In the end CBs only can pass out to the FB which is what Sokratis did all night. Luis still pump the ball for front 2 to chase. Like that might as well Leno straightaway hoof the ball upfield, why waste 2 CB stand next to him.. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Matoonia said:

It's not worth the risk lah. Even the 2nd goal is not really a result of playing from the back. We had all 11 watford players in their own half when we string 20 passes and take our time to pick out Ozil to find the through ball.

The purpose of playing from the back is the break the line quickly, and advance quickly once the line break. But when we play the GK to CB nonsense it's always break the line then sideway passing again which defeat the whole purpose. Basically we don't have the players to advance the ball quickly from defence to attack. Maybe only ceballos. Like that we might as well just hit a longer ball to players further upfield. You look at ederson he also mix it up sometimes, not die die must pass to the CBs. Can ping longer ball to the FBs or the MF in the centre. Not compulsory to make short pass for the CB! In the end CBs only can pass out to the FB which is what Sokratis did all night. Luis still pump the ball for front 2 to chase. Like that might as well Leno straightaway hoof the ball upfield, why waste 2 CB stand next to him.. 

Chinese called it "Door Gods or Generals" ..... to ward off evils ...

:grin: 

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

12 hours ago, Derf8988 said:

Terrible game plan. Awful. I don’t understand what is the rationale of getting the keeper to pass the ball to the cb who is standing behind him and doing shortpass within your own penalty box when they know opponent is pressing. Guendouzi gave the ball away twice in/near the penalty area because of this stupid tactics. fortunately watford didn’t score. But sokratis’s mistake lead to a goal. 

Amn struggled to contain deulofeu and gave the ball cheaply away numerous time despite that assist. Guendouzi is Bad today. Nelson isn’t ready for first team action. 

Leno and Aubameyang earn us that 1 point but this is a 2 point dropped. 

7 hours ago, Matoonia said:

It's not only Arsenal who likes to play from the back, almost all the top 6 do so and yes I agree with you guys that this can be dangerous and so, mixing it up with some long balls, some playing from the back shld be the way. But the top coaches insist on doing so including Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc . It's as if it's a crime to play long.

Not only Arsenal paid the price but so too City last weekend but yet, I can bet u my last $ that these coaches will continue to do so. David Luiz is capable of playing out from defence and so are CBs like VVD, Maguire, Stones etc but not all defenders are able to do so. 

• Praise 5

10 minutes ago, Spring said:

It's not only Arsenal who likes to play from the back, almost all the top 6 do so and yes I agree with you guys that this can be dangerous and so, mixing it up with some long balls, some playing from the back shld be the way. But the top coaches insist on doing so including Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc . It's as if it's a crime to play long.

Not only Arsenal paid the price but so too City last weekend but yet, I can bet u my last $ that these coaches will continue to do so. David Luiz is capable of playing out from defence and so are CBs like VVD, Maguire, Stones etc but not all defenders are able to do so. 

I also don't know why every top team start to play this way. Like what Matoonia mentioned, Arsenal do not have the players to play this way. Sokratis is not comfortable. Guendouzi is not comfortable. AMN has been losing possession.

When I start watching football.. when the ball is in your own penalty box.. every players can't wait to pump the ball out as far as possible... Now they invite opponent strikeforce to come into their own penalty box to play monkey. Invite them to attack us.

IMO, It is not necessary to do that and gift them a goal especially when we are 2-0 up.

They will go all out to attack us at 2-0 down as they are losing and we will have chance to hit them on the break.

The Watford coach is so happy and excited towards the end of the match. I bet he is hoping that Arsenal will be awarded more goalkick and we continue to do such stunt.

It is painful to watch because the attack score the goals through hard work and being clinical but the defence give the goals away so cheaply. 

• Praise 1

2-2 arghh. What some players are doing on the pitch is questionable, well that's Arsenal we know for the past a many season.

Hope for improvement in next game. We could have nicked this one for 2 more points.

watched the match last night.

Negatives

We make any and every opponent look like UCL champions with fast flowing football

Middle of park and flanks empty same as against Watford

Pepe is feeling the pressure of not scoring, my own opinion

Positives

Martinez looks more than a capable deputy, think he can fight with Leno for the No.1 jersey

Saka is more mature than Nelson, calm under pressure with skills to match especially his first touch... rewarded with a goal, Henry will be proud of

Wilock still need to learn but this will come with more game time... future seems bright for him and saka

Auba scored his customary goal though he did miss an open goal in the 6 yard box

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

watched the match last night.

Negatives

We make any and every opponent look like UCL champions with fast flowing football

Middle of park and flanks empty same as against Watford

Pepe is feeling the pressure of not scoring, my own opinion 

Positives

Martinez looks more than a capable deputy, think he can fight with Leno for the No.1 jersey

Saka is more mature than Nelson, calm under pressure with skills to match especially his first touch... rewarded with a goal, Henry will be proud of

Wilock still need to learn but this will come with more game time... future seems bright for him and saka

Auba scored his customary goal though he did miss an open goal in the 6 yard box

The only takeaway I have from last night is Mustafi is not the problem. Start him every game now and we will go on unbeaten streak!!!

ok... just joking haha