Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

Arsenal became only the 2nd team to win at Olympiakos home this season (the other being Bayern Munich). So we're in good company.

Of course, the greed in me wished that Lacazette had scored a couple more, but the gulf in standard between the 2 teams was obvious. Barring a catastrophe in the 2nd leg, we should safely navigate pass this tie.

↡ Advertisement

3 victories in the last 7 days! Again everyone put on a shift. Auba our captain, what else can I say? Other than scoring a brace, he put on defensive shift and bailed out saka few times in the 2nd half. 

The other outstanding performers were xhaka and mustafi. Omg did I just say that?

What a difference last few games has been. Our games are really enjoyable to watch again. Let's get the job done against olympiakos next! Coyg! 

8 hours ago, Matoonia said:

3 victories in the last 7 days! Again everyone put on a shift. Auba our captain, what else can I say? Other than scoring a brace, he put on defensive shift and bailed out saka few times in the 2nd half. 

The other outstanding performers were xhaka and mustafi. Omg did I just say that?

What a difference last few games has been. Our games are really enjoyable to watch again. Let's get the job done against olympiakos next! Coyg! 

Aruba’s first goal was simply Henri-que. 

Second goal not so, coz Henri doesn’t score with his head, something Auba did twice this week already. 

13 hours ago, Tarmac said:

Good win over Everton. I still hope for quality players come transfer period.

Yes bro, this one really nothing say, is really hard fought victory. We were playing our 3rd game in 7 days, while Everton last game was 2 weeks ago. Can see we are really hanging onto dear lives for the last 30 minutes. Really nail biting and so relived at the final whistle..

Saka if he continues like this and continue to develop under a good coach, will be a good player for AFC. He dares to try and take on the defenders.

Realised that with the group of talented youngsters that Arsenal has, it's quite hard for opponents to know which team will show up on matchday. 

The back 4 plus GK basically pick themselves, but from midfielders to forwards, we have many to choose from - Ozil, Xhaka, Cabellos, Pepe, Auba, Laca, Nketiah, Martinelli, Torreria, Guendouzi, Willock, Nelson, Matland-Niles. Eventually some of the youngsters will be sold as there's not enough space for all of them.

The only thing we don't have right now is a big burly CF as a target man as a plan B. But perhaps that's not the way Arteta wants to play.

• Praise 1

A big disappointment.. We're out of Europa. Watched the extra time is really 7 up 8 down.. Auba gave us lead with bicycle kick  before we paid the price when Leno gave away needless corner. Then auba miss 6 yards in front of goal in 123min..

Hope we pick ourselves up,and have a good run in the final 10 league games.. 

5 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

Heartbreaking to watch. Aubameyang will be sorely missed if he ever leaves.

You can say that again! I don't blame Auba for missing the last min sitter. Earlier he redeemed himself with that fabulous bicycle kick of a goal.

What was heartbreaking was the ease in which an inferior opposition managed to score 2 soft goals at home.

I feel that Arsenal needs a better CF than Laca, and a better CD then Luiz (now that Mustafi became good). These guys were good before, but not anymore. Hopefully those loan CD Mari or Saliba would be able to step up next season, with Auba as CF and Martinelli, Saka or Nelson rotating as LW.

I could literally feel the hurt in Auba's eyes when he missed that last kick of the game.

• Praise 1

We still have less than half of pool's points now. Hope to catch up a bit, if not really malu to be half of the winner's points at end of season 😥

I think Liverpool "snapped" under pressure with the record at the back of their minds. They definitely have what it takes to beat Watford. Still, AFC is referring to its past glory days more and more. We need to change this!

10 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

I think Liverpool "snapped" under pressure with the record at the back of their minds. They definitely have what it takes to beat Watford. Still, AFC is referring to its past glory days more and more. We need to change this!

Exactly.. I will happily trade this invicibles record for a EL trophy that will get us back to the CL. Very possible for us to not be in Europe next season! From 20 years consec CL to 3 years EL to no Europe action at all. This is 1st year since 1999 that we are not playing in Europe in March! How we have fallen! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1