Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

(edited)

image.thumb.png.53eca801078d4c7d9addfc7790148d44.png

Old Boss vs Current Boss. In match theory, it is to be expected that Villarreal would pull out all stops to prevent a home goal by AFC and it did so successfully. In my opinion, a home team that could not muster a single goal with the home ground advantage is not worthy to be in an European final. In a way, I felt that Unai Emery was vindicated from his naysayers of his time with AFC.

Edited by Tarmac
  • Praise 3

31 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

image.thumb.png.53eca801078d4c7d9addfc7790148d44.png

Old Boss vs Current Boss. In match theory, it is to be expected that Villarreal would pull out all stops to prevent a home goal by AFC and it did so successfully. In my opinion, a home team that could not muster a single goal with the home ground advantage is not worthy to be in an European final. In a way, I felt that Unai Emery was vindicated from his naysayers of his time with AFC.

Wear mask for the win...😁

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

Sorry to say this, Arteta looks like a novice against the more tactically astute Unai Emery.

When Arteta was appointed, Ancelotti was also available but for reasons best known to Gunners Board, they preferred Arteta instead and Ancelotti went to Everton. Coaches with the pedigree of Ancelotti don't become available anytime u want. The timing to appoint a coach which has won the League title in 4 of the 5 big European Leagues and also winning the UCL 3x amongst other trophies was ripe for the taking. Sadly Gunners Board didn't seize it.

Top 6 clubs need an experienced coach to handle big ego players and be tactically astute. Lampard is gone, Arteta is struggling and only Ole seems the exception but ask any United fan n they would say if Ole was not in charge, they would hv run Man City much closer for the title.

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for Europe. 🤗

Where are the gooners? 😓

Arsenal can finish 7th at best which means Conference League. i'm not sure if this is a poison chalice or not? Then again, Gunners hv a proud record of participation in European football since 1995 (26 consecutive years) so they will want to keep this record going I guess.

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Great great results and all 3 point.

@Discoburg Yes was a good game. Unfortunately Spurs won and we have no St Totteringham for 5 years now... haiz...

• Sad 1

@Tarmac 

19 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

No winners in penalties but hey Good Evening!

image.png.503048d47d4906592e915d385693b6f1.png

He has won 4 now, in 5 final appearances..  his only loss came with Arsenal in 2019...really tell u so much about us.. 2 words... ' sia suay'...

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Any transfer news? Not hoping for much. The best thing to hope for is a change in the Club's ownership and management.

• Praise 1

On 6/2/2021 at 8:25 AM, Tarmac said:

Any transfer news? Not hoping for much. The best thing to hope for is a change in the Club's ownership and management.

Andre Onana, the Ajax goalie who is currently suspended for drug offences but whose appeal was heard last night (verdict pending) rumoured to interest Arsenal as long term replacement for Leno. Good signing I feel as he will cost few mil only. But the trouble with goalies is that some can’t adjust to the physical nature of EPL but for few mil, I think worth a try.

• Praise 3

Gunners have been linked to a plethora of players. These are interesting times with rumours of a 250m pound war chest.

Now please go ahead and sign up some stars (don't cheat our feelings).

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2