News: Unhappy bus drivers mass report sick 26nov2012

Simon29

It's clear that employers have been lobbying many years in the past and present for more FT/FWs, the main aim is to depress salary for locals at the lower rung of the pyramid. On the other hand, the senior management keep on piling up their pay, perks and bonuses.

This is essentially it. This is a matter about labour exploitation (some would say the whole country is) and bad management by SMRT. The anti-PRC/FW sentiments, legality of the strike, horrible reporting by the media etc etc is all extra fluff, although i must say some of the sentiments expressed in this thread are bordering on inhumane, particularly regarding the foreign domestic workers and their treatment.

↡ Advertisement

Actually I wonder how local drivers get to the interchange if they are on the first shift? [confused]

I believe bus company provide pick up service in the wee hour. I saw this previously when go back for ICT and need to leave home at 4am+

Reservist can go on strike arnot ar? the service pay very little also compared with regular... also living conditions not as shiok as back home, also food not shiok... transport service also no good....

Edited by Mockngbrd

Wrong calculation. What will the rest of 300 PRCs who did not protest have to say?

Increase should be across the board.

errr... sorry i don't get... [confused] I was just trying to illustrate (using the 100 "strikers" as example) if SMRT give accommodation allowance they will lose more money...

So the one reason they got lower increment is due to the 'free' transportation and accommodation?

Ok....I see.

But how many more months of contract left? They can rent outside condos when their contract is over.

Rental market around the area will HUAT.

this is the lamest excuse from smrt. The accomodation haf already factor in before tgey join the company.additional increment come after that. Unless u tell me. They takr a extra 25 dollar loss as compare to hiring malaysia driver.

So the one reason they got lower increment is due to the 'free' transportation and accommodation?

Ok....I see.

But how many more months of contract left? They can rent outside condos when their contract is over.

this is the lamest excuse from smrt. The accomodation should had already factor in before they join the company.additional increment come after that. Unless u tell me. They takr a extra 25 dollar loss as compare to hiring malaysia driver.

Ok....I see.

this is the lamest excuse from smrt. The accomodation should had already factor in before they join the company.additional increment come after that. Unless u tell me. They takr a extra 25 dollar loss as compare to hiring malaysia driver.

CNA mentioned 88 of them din report for work.

Huat Huat ar! :D

Please be clear, their report says TUESDAY.

Today is Wednesday

Hostel in terrible condition?

Frankly, give them a villa they will also turn it into a slum. Not discriminating, but that are just like that.....sloppy.

agree.

previous place rented a room to 2 prc... after few months ask them shift out.

never will rent to them anymore

But if next batch has to find their own accomodation, how to entice the PRC to sign up with SMRT? Especially now people know that SMRT suka suka flip prata on working hours and renumeration.

i am very sure ten of thousands of china men is willing to q up for the job.

It seems that a lot of the dissatisfaction is to do with increment.

Increment should be fair and unbaised and based on clearly spelled out performance appraisal - rather than on nationality.

thats why at the press conference, he said everything shall be held on until the police completes their investigation, then they will announce the punishment if this strike is indeed deemed as illegal

yes, you are right.

its so funny

so darryn never self pwn...its you who kenna self pwn

Edited by Sugarmonster

I believe most bus drivers ride a bike, or take the company bus at pick-up location where most of their drivers stay?!

In that case should no problem.

PRC drivers get same salary as others but must find their own accomodation.

If dunno where to stay, use the SMRT dorm.

If they want to rent HDB, it's their responsibility to get to the pick up point on time

8 to 10 guys in a room? Come on, SMRT. You can do much better than that! this is quite inhumane. Ask them to stay like this for a short while, might be ok. But not for a long term. People will get agitated and restless in a cramped condition.

Don't say until like that. Last time my NS bunk housed 30 people [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement