News: Unhappy bus drivers mass report sick 26nov2012

Simon29

The SMRT drivers should have "tahan", then after their contract ends, go apply SBS or some other transport companies [:)]

Or they can bargain collectively when their contracts are up, going against the govt got no good ending one ....

But by doing so, they probably have burnt all bridges. I bet the ministry/police have already pinpointed who are the instigators and these person/s will most likely be sacked + deported and can dream on about returning (Not that he wish to anyway).

But they knowingly signed a contract and then complain about it when they found out the disparity ?? Then what the fu*k is the contract for ? This ain't China where contracts means sh*t you know ?!?

A good lesson for SMRT to look at their hiring practices. To be fair to the drivers, their accomodation looks like sh*t and it seems that they are sharing dorm with those banglas etc ... WHILE the SBS drivers get to stay in HDB flats....

↡ Advertisement

he is selected spokesman for garmen lah and obviously he would have checked with the police or garmen lawyer

And he is also the Acting Minister for Manpower. So he certainly has the credentials and authority to comment

Simple, they can don't come.

Its their choice to come here to be slaves

We are born here, we have no choice. If I were them, I wouldn't even come here to tour.

Yes, I hate this place. I will gladly exchange my farking pink IC for a blue IC.

I rather be a 3rd class citizen in Truly Asia, then be a farking 7th grade citizen in the place I born

get out of Singapore then

we dun need thrash like you

More to the point, I have to wonder why it is a MP that labels it as a strike, and why his word is law rather than the police or the relevant authority?

Mean to say that once MP say, means they are guilty? He is a policeman?

Seems a bit funny to me.

He's not just any MP. He is the Minister for Manpower. Since his Ministry (not the police) administers the various industrial relations related legislation, he is the "relevant" authority.

Another Singapore talking point. Pages 29. Growing strong.

so serious until oblong must come in, not everytime he come in you know :D need to hit 100 pages before om om come in :D

but i like om om, he is very learned [scholar][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Not surprisingly, many of their countrymen are supportive of the action by the PRC drivers in Singapore. Many have displayed disdain for Singapore. Some of the discussions by Chinese nationals on their popular Chinese portal Sina include:

but seriously, there is disparity in every society - 1st World to 10th - be it in job, family, money etc .....

The world is NEVER fair

There are whiners and whiners who act upon it [;)]

More to the point, I have to wonder why it is a MP that labels it as a strike, and why his word is law rather than the police or the relevant authority?

Mean to say that once MP say, means they are guilty? He is a policeman?

Seems a bit funny to me.

self pwn

you should find out who Tan Chuan Jin is before making this comment

no big deal

both sides definitely will side their own people

the insults thrown at PRC in hardwarezone forum (and even here) are no better than the insults mentioned above

hwz is really [dizzy][crazy]:blink: , mcf is a more mature forum with [scholar] discussions

Depends on what angle you view through. From the surface, the company have clearly unfair practice to different nationals. If you look in another angle optionally, I believe this is what the company thinks :

1. Singaporean, have to fund housing and buying basic necessities to feed family locally. They are local by nature and understand local multi-languages.

2. Malaysians, are the closest culture to local. They are like one of us. They too understand local multi-languages. Some Malaysians have home themselves here and have to fund property loan and family.

3. Ah Tiong, are far apart in culture and they have they way of doing things. At times, they don't follow instructions closely. They are stay and meals are funded by the company. Singaporeans always complain about, why not local first or have better perks. So the company could have tried to differentiate(This statement is just a guess).

Recent case of, Ah Tiong can drive SBS bus round and round for 3 hours to nowhere. Thought he found a shortcut initially. [laugh] I have managed Ah Tiongs before. There are 2 types of Ah Tiong. The first one, is very hard working and follow through you instructions. But once they learnt well, they leave and go back to run their business. The second one is, they think they are clear than you and have the way of doing things. That's fine, if they have new better ideas that, as a management can learn from. But the problem, they have divert so far out and result of company lost of time and $$$. If they argue with reasons, that's ok. But they argue to their self-interest. -_-

please lah. you think that is their thinking??likely is this.

1. Singapore need for minum requirement but pay too low no one want to join.

2. Malaysian, okay if they become PR its a free head count. plus they can easily go to another bus company to drive. hence slightly lower pay.

3. PRC? they are on contract, there is no way they can go look for job in other company. so hack just pay them the lowest. -_-

After reading today news, how would you expect prc to feel when they are already collect lower wages then MY and upon receiving their pay slip last Friday. Their increament on $25/- whereas the MY getting $50/-... [:(]

yeah I know ... when I discovered a newbie and younger colleague who made a lot of mistakes got the same amount of increment + bonus (percentage wise) as me [bigcry]

But I did not SIT-IN wor [:p] then again I'm Singaporean and probably very docile

yeah I know ... when I discovered a newbie and younger colleague who made a lot of mistakes got the same amount of increment + bonus (percentage wise) as me [bigcry]

But I did not SIT-IN wor [:p] then again I'm Singaporean and probably very docile

yup..... only go slow niah and more surfing on mcf .... [sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Well, for me I would still think it is the cost that matters.

For example: -

1) Singaporeans basic $1,864 with CPF

2) MY basic $1,600 with levy

3) PRCs basic $1,300 with levy plus $220 accommodation = $1,520

So in balance, FWs will roughly cost $1,600 savings of $200 per month per driver. And yah I agree with Joseph22 too, businesses just want to cut down expenses on salaries as much as they can

↡ Advertisement