News: Unhappy bus drivers mass report sick 26nov2012

Simon29

LOL.....a raw nerve hit perhaps

Bear loves to bear hug those cute Indon maids. Bear is jin buey song when people tell maids they can't hug him back in case they get plegnant with a little bear cub. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

i disagree.... it becomes our concern when it affects us.... not because it is using tax payer money..... anyway beside the buses that govt provide as a loan... how they use tax payer money?

essential services means affecting us lor.

the cost of the trains, the costs of building all the various lines, all their own money? At least not at the start?

Don't say until like that. Last time my NS bunk housed 30 people [bigcry]

don't get me started with thailand training... 100+ people.. machiam like refugee camp [laugh]

essential services means affecting us lor.

the cost of the trains, the costs of building all the various lines, all their own money? At least not at the start?

LTA issued licence agreement to SMRT... unless you are privy to the licence agreement.... you are making alot of assumptions

Oh look, right on cue ST Online's main story is now the sex-for-grades case. SOP whenever there's a sensitive issue, throw sex scandal smokebomb to distract everyone, the juicier the details the better.

Oh look, right on cue ST Online's main story is now the sex-for-grades case. SOP whenever there's a sensitive issue, throw sex scandal smokebomb to distract everyone, the juicier the details the better.

they realise, ppl are waking up and see that the issue was not PRC go on strike. but SMRT management are greedy. -_-

LTA issued licence agreement to SMRT... unless you are privy to the licence agreement.... you are making alot of assumptions

Officially, LTA build line, and issues a licence to SMRT to run the services.

So do you prefer me to acknowledge that that SMRT does not use any taxpayer money? Er, try telling that to someone at the kopitiam......

Anyhow the bus loan aldy indicates that the Gov has a right to step in with funds to ensure the quality of service is kept at a high level.

Really ah? Then if they dun update on this case, will people say cause you know who is involved so hush hush?

Tsk tsk....if scare being distracted, take a seat at coffeeshop, the loudest group will make sure you remember all details of any case plus own version of extras.....got fire, dragon, lion and all. If prefer behind the computer screen, many online forums to keep updated too.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

garmen say things must be very careful......say strike means strike as defined by law, not commoner's notion of strike.... but now they call it a strike, means got evidence liao :D

They should have considered a better timing to define the act as a strike, one that is considered a criminal act under the eyes of the law. Never mind the rumour that a Chinese embassy vehicle has been spotted in the compound of the Woodlands dormitory, countless headlines to be found on the numerous mainland dailies guarantee that this incident is becoming a bilateral minor incident, at the very least.

On one hand, you have just gazetted an incident as a criminal act, to be dealt with (ostensibly). On the other hand, Chinese pressure is slowly but surely mounting.

Surely, it is unthinkable to abandon punitive measures when a minister has defined the incident as a criminal act. On the other hand, you don't want to offend a rising nation which matters a lot economically and politically.

Do you acquiesce and risk political suicide? Or do you have no choice but to pull off an act of brinkmanship?

Caught between a rock and a hard place, indeed. Should have considered not redefining the "sit-in" as a "strike" all the way then. :D

Pwned.

Officially, LTA build line, and issues a licence to SMRT to run the services.

So do you prefer me to acknowledge that that SMRT does not use any taxpayer money? Er, try telling that to someone at the kopitiam......

Anyhow the bus loan aldy indicates that the Gov has a right to step in with funds to ensure the quality of service is kept at a high level.

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said that any profit made from the $1.1 billion package for public transport operators (PTO) to grow their bus fleet will go back to the government.

Mr Tharman said $280 million is budgeted for the purchase of 550 buses over the next five years, while the remaining $820 million is to cover the net operating costs of the buses for 10 years.

Depending on how you look at it.... SMRT can refuse this 550 buses.

Is bus transport that bad now? What the govt is doing is to continue to improve it. To SMRT if they accompolished what has been set out to them, there is no need for them to improve the service or frequency.. that's the difference..

ask the person in the kopitiam? i dunno about you but i consider myself as one

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said that any profit made from the $1.1 billion package for public transport operators (PTO) to grow their bus fleet will go back to the government.

Mr Tharman said $280 million is budgeted for the purchase of 550 buses over the next five years, while the remaining $820 million is to cover the net operating costs of the buses for 10 years.

Depending on how you look at it.... SMRT can refuse this 550 buses.

Is bus transport that bad now? What the govt is doing is to continue to improve it. To SMRT if they accompolished what has been set out to them, there is no need for them to improve the service or frequency.. that's the difference..

ask the person in the kopitiam? i dunno about you but i consider myself as one

bro,

Not sure why you take my simple "+1" msg so seriously, but pls allow me to put in my humble view that, from the moment you acknowledged that there was a bus loan, taxpayer's money was used.

SMRT did not refuse this 550 buses. Therefore there was a loan. a loan means that somebody have to come up with 1.1 billion in order to lend it to SMRT. This somebody can be a bank, can be foreign investor, as a listed company they can issue bonds to the public for this purpose. But in this case it was the gov who came up with this money and that means the money is directly/indirectly from the taxpayer.

Even though the tax payer has no say on how the gov uses the money, and even though the money will be returned with profit even, it doesn't mean that it does not exist. This is because this 1.1 billion can be used for other purposes and for other investments via their investment arms.

SMRT can also jolly well use their own revenue to make this investment since you claimed that they don't need it. Why? Is it so that the numbers will look great at the end of the financial year, investors and shareholders will be happy and base on this the management can continue to pay itself a fat bonus??? What is the objective of a public transport company? Is this the objective?

SMRT have had quite a number of -ve news regarding poor maintenance and train downtime that everybody know, therefore I am not sure what u mean by "there is no need for them to improve the service or frequency". (I wtf... to this)

As always I hope we agree to disagree. I even got Kopitiam app NFC on my phone. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

The two photo comparision is unfair lar.

One you are forced to keep it neat and occassional stand-by bed punishment.

The other you can treat it is just like your own home.

How messy is up to the residents to make it out to be.

Want it clean, then sweep and arrange all things nicely like the second photo.

Don't want rats, then keep all foodstuff under lock and cabinets.

Who ever complain the living condition is bad, is guilty because their own culture and habits made it that way.

↡ Advertisement