News: Unhappy bus drivers mass report sick 26nov2012

Simon29

They have to be deported regardless of any reason if not, it gonna have a domino effect with alot of PRCs earning low wages now.

However, SMRT should be punished for discrimination and tweaking the 6 day week thingy.

If both get blasted I think that would be pretty fair.

I wonder where the CEO is - he is not giving the current press con, which would seem to be "big" enough to require his attention

↡ Advertisement

They have to be deported regardless of any reason if not, it gonna have a domino effect with alot of PRCs earning low wages now.

However, SMRT should be punished for discrimination and tweaking the 6 day week thingy.

honestly i think if SMRT gets slapped, thats because they stupidly went beyond the OB marker i.e. foreign relations between Singapore and China. If they somehow didn't go beyond this OB marker, i think they may still carry on, business as usual. In a way, i am quite happy that they went beyond the OB marker because i dont know how many other companies are watching in the sidelines and possibly taking cue from the way things pan out.

I wonder where the CEO is - he is not giving the current press con, which would seem to be "big" enough to require his attention

SMRT CEO maybe dunno what to say

Singapore Inc. CEO also dunno what to say

NTUC Lim Swee Say also dunno what to say

All tai-chi to their small fry to become media fodder first while still scratching their heads thinking of what to say.....

honestly i think if SMRT gets slapped, thats because they stupidly went beyond the OB marker i.e. foreign relations between Singapore and China. If they somehow didn't go beyond this OB marker, i think they may still carry on, business as usual. In a way, i am quite happy that they went beyond the OB marker because i dont know how many other companies are watching in the sidelines and possibly taking cue from the way things pan out.

this will most likely set a precedent.... i hope the govt do something to both the strikers and SMRT

With a distinguish army background, this CEO should stand out in the front lines and stamp this out.

MP BG Tan CJ has my utmost respect.

Well, for me I would still think it is the cost that matters.

For example: -

1) Singaporeans basic $1,864 with CPF

2) MY basic $1,600 with levy

3) PRCs basic $1,300 with levy plus $220 accommodation = $1,520

So in balance, FWs will roughly cost $1,600 savings of $200 per month per driver. And yah I agree with Joseph22 too, businesses just want to cut down expenses on salaries as much as they can

Yes. I agree this. The higher levy that have caused the company to level off with the rest.

please lah. you think that is their thinking??likely is this.

1. Singapore need for minum requirement but pay too low no one want to join.

2. Malaysian, okay if they become PR its a free head count. plus they can easily go to another bus company to drive. hence slightly lower pay.

3. PRC? they are on contract, there is no way they can go look for job in other company. so hack just pay them the lowest. -_-

Is not that, I dun agree that. It can come from many variables of thoughts. Just think out of it and write [cool]

maybe he practice SAF No 1 survival skill --- take cover :ph34r:

I agree we do not know if the money to buy 550 buses is to free up money for train maintainence but you have already assumed it is.

i would term it as a grant. loan was a wrong word and i apologise for it. You can say i flip prata if you think so. But i still don't see SMRT using tax payers money.

i appreciate the govt for trying to do things right.... i dunno how often you take public transport but i take it everyday and i do see an improvement... of cuz there is more to be done.... but i rather have slow improvement then no improvement.

I am still waiting to see if govt will do anything to SMRT. Cuz i think fining them is the stupidest thing to do.

And to your very last sentence, it is for the 550 buses, not everything.

对事不对人

Ok can. =)

Prolly theres a different understanding on what "taxpayer money" is. For me, as long as money is from Gov, its from their revenues of which a portion is from tax and that is taxpayer's money. So Gov Loan or Grant makes no difference and is still taxpayer money.

The government is theoretically supposed to work to improve citizen life. No question. The question is which way to move forward ?

We have covered some of the reasons as to why the opposition wants to take public transport back to government hands instead of this "semi-privatising" agenda which SMRT could possibly call for more money to be injected from the government if they are not doing well, and on the flip side, increase shareholder value and bonus if they are doing well.

Where does these leave the commuters ?

There is no right or wrong, and being private certainly has its advantages as well.

All tai-chi to their small fry to become media fodder first while still scratching their heads thinking of what to say.....

Suddently all the Top ppl dun know how to say, or simply out it after the lady gaga left the cleopatra carrier chair, there has been shot after shot for SMRT,

who want to be d next in line ?

[whip] [whip]

The true cost of local is $2130 with CPF. The cost of a Boleh is $1760 incl. levy. The full cost of PRC is $1655

So why is there still a wage discrapancy?

Not including promotion from Captain to Snr Captain / OT pay [thumbsdown]

Suddently all the Top ppl dun know how to say, or simply out it after the lady gaga left the cleopatra carrier chair, there has been shot after shot for SMRT,

who want to be d next in line ?

China CEO watching, so all diam diam. [:p]

Nonsense. Entropy is a term that can well be quantified and compared. [rolleyes]

There's a big difference between thermodynamic entropy and the utter chaos in a den of a PRC denizen. :D

This is where you got to give it to the Foxconn boss.

Despite all the suicide and strikes at foxconn, at least the big boss himself come out to address to the press and workers.

And no wonder his business can do until so big. Sometimes you to got see if the big man has balls to determine if that company has a future.

Edited by Icedbs

The PRCs workers got what they wanted. Good for them!

So much for meritocracy based on their drivers beaming records! They deserve their pay increment.

smrt_bus_crashes_into_a_tree_in_yishun_ave_2-thumbnail.jpg

20120811.202354_jurongacc.jpg

20090131.143839_lost-and-dangerous-rotator.jpg

20100519.163335_buscrashshinmincopy.jpg

smrtbuskid.jpg

070329_ss_greg3.jpg

More to come next time, good luck to the Singapore Inc CEOs.