News: Unhappy bus drivers mass report sick 26nov2012

Simon29

Why should they start to sit in?

Or is it better to house them in tents along the beach or in some hills or by some longkangs?

Some bros hv shared that the dorm conditions cannot make it and if the management feels that separating them to various hdbs will solve the problem, why not?

Besides, these have contractual rights to accommodation. Or you want to suggest building a mansion?

We have been discussing that smrt needs to do the right thing, whether they are fw, locals or msians......to learn and improve, especially to honour what has been promised at point of recruitment.

Dun jump at everything/decision negatively, immediately.....even the opposition party, in her statement, hazel goa (if remembered correctly) urged smrt to learn and make things right (paraphrased)....

Think.....if you are not sleeping well or accommodation really cramped, can you work properly? To some, this decision sucks, to others, it is workable and fair, to others others, whatever smrt or govt do is because of fear of China, etc etc.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

Let me give an early prediction of the court outcome....These four drivers had been issued with strict warning by the court....Their employment had been terminated and they will depot back to China immediately...After that, China's authority issue a statement that all China citizen working in any foreign country should follow the local law......all wayang again lah..after that....case closed.......it is just another day in court....

i heard from the news the chinese embassy people also monitoring this.... there are diplomatic pressures...

let's see if it become like another sun xu kinda kowtow [:|]

Hmm.....I agree that the locals and msia drivers should not sit in and also SMRT have to improve the china drivers living standards.

However i don't see the point of letting them stay in HDB flats. Afterall, ain't HDB flats meant for public housing for the citizens/PR and why should public properties such as HDB flats be used to help out a private company like SMRT to solve their company issues.

Personally i will prefer SMRT to either improve the dorms condition by finding other dorms with better living conditions or renovating the current one if they own it. Else lease a piece of land from SLA and build their own dorm since most likely more China drivers will be coming to work here if SMRT continue their recruitment drives.

Just my thoughts. :)

Neutral Newbie

Let me give an early prediction of the court outcome....These four drivers had been issued with strict warning by the court....Their employment had been terminated and they will depot back to China immediately...After that, China's authority issue a statement that all China citizen working in any foreign country should follow the local law......all wayang again lah..after that....case closed.......it is just another day in court....

immediately get licence for fortune telling

ho say liao

got discount or not for MCF members

Neutral Newbie

Ask these Ah Tiongs to Strike & Protest in China see what they get? Here their Embassy Staff Wayang to loook after them,back in China the same Staff will sent in Tank if they did the same thing, Pui!

Four tio charged only? So i guess these are the 'indian chief' who initial the strike?! [rolleyes]

At the very minimum the rest who took part in strike on 1st day with no valid MCs should have their work permits cancelled and deported. Believe the govt could be working towards this but want things to cool down a bit esp in China and also allow SMRT to start the process of replacing the to be deported drivers.

I am very sure from henceforth no more work permits for china workers to be employed in essential public services. China bus drivers in both SBS and SMRT would be history soon once their contract expires or WPs are due for renewal.

At the very minimum the rest who took part in strike on 1st day with no valid MCs should have their work permits cancelled and deported. Believe the govt could be working towards this but want things to cool down a bit esp in China and also allow SMRT to start the process of replacing the to be deported drivers.

I am very sure from henceforth no more work permits for china workers to be employed in essential public services. China bus drivers in both SBS and SMRT would be history soon once their contract expires or WPs are due for renewal.

Like that I wonder where the replacements are going to come from.

Pay more to get more drivers from MY?

Or maybe hire from ??

The China drivers were already a "last resort" - if gone, then I wonder how?

i heard from the news the chinese embassy people also monitoring this.... there are diplomatic pressures...

let's see if it become like another sun xu kinda kowtow [:|]

i dun see what's the big deal with the China embassy issuing statements... it's only the norm

when Singaporeans get into troubles overseas, the Singapore embassy also issues statements, urging Singaporeans to follow the laws, or, if being charged, urged the local governments to provide necessary legal means or fair trials

Supercharged

Like that I wonder where the replacements are going to come from.

Pay more to get more drivers from MY?

Or maybe hire from ??

The China drivers were already a "last resort" - if gone, then I wonder how?

Hire drivers from NZ ??? [laugh]

Jokes aside, some many labour sources (Myanmar, India, etc)...why resort to ransom from such Chinaman...I don't understand SMRT. Today the drivers demand this, tomorrow they will demand something else, just because the company and govt gave in the first time.

Ask these Ah Tiongs to Strike & Protest in China see what they get? Here their Embassy Staff Wayang to loook after them,back in China the same Staff will sent in Tank if they did the same thing, Pui!

you sure bo?

go check the foxconn strikes and diaoyu island strikes

↡ Advertisement