Ambulance driver with fake license?

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

How can we allow foreigners carrying fake licenses to be driving an ambulance? Or rather... to be driving in Singapore at all? [mad]

What a lapse. I'm starting to think there are perhaps many more such "fake license" drivers on our roads.

http://therealsingapore.com/content/foreig...se-fake-license

Edited by Darkredmica
↡ Advertisement

That is really bad! i travel ECP, AYE very often and there were few times i met these ambulance speeding from ECP to AYE to Tuas with Siren on! No know where are they going and doubt that there is any one inside the ambulance!

That is really bad! i travel ECP, AYE very often and there were few times i met these ambulance speeding from ECP to AYE to Tuas with Siren on! No know where are they going and doubt that there is any one inside the ambulance!

wow. u got bionic eyes?

very unfortunate. [:(]

how hard is it to request a Traffic Police practical test for license holders who obtained licenses elsewhere? Perhaps an exception could be made for a whitelist of countries, this rule should be enforced without fail.

Edited by Happily1986

this is the problem when we start to sub out all the public services to private.........control is much more difficult.

We also sub out our security to Cisco......i wonder if we will have more security problems in yrs to come......let's see.....

how hard is it to request a a Traffic Police practical test for license holders who obtained licenses as well. Perhaps an exception could be made for a whitelist of countries, this rule should be enforced without fail.

lapse from the private ambulance company..

or maybe he use someone else's license. u know.. [:(]

lapse from the private ambulance company..

or maybe he use someone else's license. u know.. [:(]

if he needs to go for local TP test then issuing authority will be TP liao. Save all this checking sheet!

Internal Moderator

how hard is it to request a a Traffic Police practical test for license holders who obtained licenses as well. Perhaps an exception could be made for a whitelist of countries, this rule should be enforced without fail.

Exactly. I dont uds why the goverment seems to be turning a deaf ear to all these pleas. Havent we learnt after the Machi incident?

Yes sure there are reckless local drivers as well but I guess our point here is to make it fair for all to go through the same requirement needed to obtain that license. Especially for public services, civil servants positions.

So was he using a fake license in the hope that the TP would never stop and check?

It is the one thing that puzzles me is why the TP don't do random checks, or if they do, why not regularly. Set up a mobile post somewhere for 15-30mins, pull over a car/lorry/bike etc, and then check license, vehicle, breathe test them etc and then repeat. Otherwise the only time these instances come to light is when there is an accident. If there is little chance of getting caught, then these people will take the risk. If the chances of getting caught are higher, then it benefits all.

I have been driving for a long time and never once been pulled over by the TP to check if I had a license or not.

So was he using a fake license in the hope that the TP would never stop and check?

It is the one thing that puzzles me is why the TP don't do random checks, or if they do, why not regularly. Set up a mobile post somewhere for 15-30mins, pull over a car/lorry/bike etc, and then check license, vehicle, breathe test them etc and then repeat. Otherwise the only time these instances come to light is when there is an accident. If there is little chance of getting caught, then these people will take the risk. If the chances of getting caught are higher, then it benefits all.

I have been driving for a long time and never once been pulled over by the TP to check if I had a license or not.

becos they bz on top of bridge with camera

this kind of random checking is common in QC because you don't want to waste time and delay delivery. However, we are not talking about a terrible hurry to rubberstamp and certify people who are "OKAY" to drive, are we?

I don't see whats the trouble of shifting the checking stage to the start of the process (when the license is issued) instead of the middle (when the license has already been valid for sometime)

When we talk about lives, road safety and common sense, don't you agree with me that this is a small price to pay. Of course, this will not stop people who are hell bent on bringing in forged licenses and drive like they have a god given right.

What i am trying to point out is that the only hospital in the west is NUH, they did not filter into NUH, instead they went all the way to Tuas. I believe they misuse the ambulance, they might have send some patient to Changi hospital/changi airport and after off load the patient they sped all the way to Tuas....

This is really a joke. No license and yet driving an ambulance. The HR guy that employs this driver needs to be hanged. I am sure they must have turned down all those true blue Singaporean applicants and finally employ this idiot because he is willing to accept lower pay. Now drive into long kang I too wonder how many more such pple driving on our roads.

Neutral Newbie

Is the licence fake for Singapore licence?

As in he photostats a fake Singapore licence?

Or he bought a fake licence overseas, and managed to convert it to a Legal Singapore licence?

Is the licence fake for Singapore licence?

As in he photostats a fake Singapore licence?

Or he bought a fake licence overseas, and managed to convert it to a Legal Singapore licence?

how we know?

↡ Advertisement