Driver runs over own son at Hougang carpark

Jman888

Poor thing, better be careful when you reverse in car park [:(]

Driver runs over own son at Hougang carpark

AsiaOne Friday, Nov 30, 2012

20121130.132946_accident430.jpg

SINGAPORE - A man reportedly knocked down his own 12-year-old son at a Hougang carpark yesterday when he accidentally reversed his car.

The incident happened at the carpark in front of Block 710 Hougang Avenue 2 at about 8.55pm.

According to a local website, the driver's slipper had gotten stuck on the accelerator, causing the car to reverse and hit the child.

A loud scream was heard from the boy, the website said.

Thereafter, eight men rushed to free the boy by lifting up the rear end of the car,

A witness told the website that the boy was safe and escaped with minor injuries.

The police said they received a call on Nov 29 at about 9pm requesting for assistance at Block 710 Hougang Ave 2.

The boy was sent to Kandang Kerbau Hospital in a conscious state. Police investigations are ongoing.

↡ Advertisement

From the article, it says the driver accidentally reversed his car?! As the driver's slipper had gotten stuck on the accelerator?! :blink: Luckily the boy was safe and escaped with minor injuries.

That aside. Do you think it is better to let your passengers walk in front or behind of your car after alighting them? Normally i tell them to walk the way that i am NOT travellling in. I.e i am moving forward after they alight, i tell them to go from behind.

Should wear proper footwear and check that you've put into the correct gear before stepping on the accelerator.....

That's why i still think driving a manual car is more safer than auto car. You dont hear driver engage wrong gear or step on the wrong accelerator?!

That aside. Do you think it is better to let your passengers walk in front or behind of your car after alighting them? Normally i tell them to walk the way that i am NOT travellling in. I.e i am moving forward after they alight, i tell them to go from behind.

Best is to stand beside the car. Infront or behind also unsafe, cause the car can accidentally move at the wrong direction. But super best still stay far far away from the car. [:p]

but in this case, if the boy was standing on the pavement, then quite suay if the father step on the accelerator when reverse [:(]

Best is to stand beside the car. Infront or behind also unsafe, cause the car can accidentally move at the wrong direction. But super best still stay far far away from the car. [:p]

I mean you drop them off at the drop off point of shopping centre. Then you have to go carpark.

Supercharged

For me, I (as the driver) always ensure every passenger is in the car (by doing headcount) before I engage gear and move off. Sometimes I would make sure I am the last one to get into the car, after ensuring everyone else (especially the children) are inside the car.

Drive safe everyone. [:)]

Driving in slippers is really cuckoo!

What more all those idjits I see riding a bike in slippers

happen to me once on splipper, cold sweat! [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

For me, I (as the driver) always ensure every passenger is in the car (by doing headcount) before I engage gear and move off. Sometimes I would make sure I am the last one to get into the car, after ensuring everyone else (especially the children) are inside the car.

Drive safe everyone. [:)]

they are in the car, but didn't close the door how? [laugh] [laugh]

Driving in slippers is really cuckoo!

What more all those idjits I see riding a bike in slippers

Agree. There is a reason why Ninjas don't wear slippers. [cool]

they are in the car, but didn't close the door how? [laugh] [laugh]

I've done that a few times - gone to drive off before all the slow aunties are in

↡ Advertisement