Even USA wants to learn Singlish....

Soya

Singlish is the most efficient hybrid language in this world. So advanced, we, Sinkies can understand all other kind of English, but not the other way round. [thumbsup]

If Singlish is accepted in court documents, think our judges don't need to fret over so many encyclopedias of papers filed in by our lawyers. [:p]

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Singlish is very important in singapore. It reduces agressiveness in the language and make people closer...in certain situations, you might be hated if you speak proper english, especially between peers...

E.g. "Have you done the work?", sounds very authoritative.

"You do the work already not?", sounds more friendly, like between peers.

E.g. "I am not too sure about that.", sounds like you are doubting someone or trying to push away someone who is seeking help.

"I also dunno leh.", sounds like we are in the same boat, me too have got no idea.

• Praise 1

Lol... Imagine Obama speaking liddat

MCF oredi hap.

He speaks.......wif special pauses......He uses a lot of tits.......juz to get the msg across......He is gifted.......in the art of TKSS.

He is......Tiko Tianmo!

[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Singlish putting us at an advantage!! LOL!

http://therealsingapore.com/content/sg-f16-pilots-use-singlish-stop-us-f15-pilots-listening-during-joint-exercise

SG F16 PILOTS USE SINGLISH TO STOP US F15 PILOTS FROM 'LISTENING IN' DURING JOINT EXERCISE
Post date:
13 May 2014 - 12:42pm
20040923_lsfd_sgaf_f16_pilot5_jvb_mt01.j

*photo for illustration purposes only

Dear The Real Singapore,

I refer to the article: "WHY SINGLISH HAS TO BE DISCOURAGED"

Being in the Singapore Airforce for many years already. I would like to share with your readers this story of ours which makes Singlish a very powerful and unique identity for us Singaporeans.

The Spore air force went to the US to take part in their Red Flag combat exercise.

For the first three days, our F-16 pilots, no matter how much they planned and prepared, they were always ambushed by the USAF F-15s. Then they realized that the USAF pilots were eavesdropping on their conversations (not disallowed by the rules), so they switched from plain English to Singlish/Chinese/Malay.

Suddenly the F-15s lost their magic, and for the last three days, found no way through the defensive screen set up by our F-16s.

So who says Singlish got no use har?

Airforce Regular

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

We do that in the workplace too, just like the F-16 pilots.

When certain infomation cannot be openly discussed, we change from Channel 8 to Hokkien or Malay mode, to avoid eavesdropping.

We do that in the workplace too, just like the F-16 pilots.

When certain infomation cannot be openly discussed, we change from Channel 8 to Hokkien or Malay mode, to avoid eavesdropping.

lol....yup, realised that sometimes that works for us. Kinda like a code amongst us

Supersonic

Lol... Imagine Obama speaking liddat

Yes we can. Lah. :D

Acherly hor, the full POTUS dialogue should be:

DNC (Democratic National Convention): "Oy, Plesident, ah! Can or not? Har?"

Obama: " You all donch worry one. Double confirm plus chop can lah!"

Anyway, no need to imagine. Can just visit you. Although you are like some mutant, extra farked up version of Obama. [laugh]

Yes we can. Lah. :D

Acherly hor, the full POTUS dialogue should be:

DNC (Democratic National Convention): "Oy, Plesident, ah! Can or not? Har?"

Obama: " You all donch worry one. Double confirm plus chop can lah!"

Anyway, no need to imagine. Can just visit you. Although you are like some mutant, extra farked up version of Obama. [laugh]

Lol.... U can imagine Obama going

Knncb ...

haaaaa

Turbocharged

Lol.... U can imagine Obama going

Knncb

haaaaa

I bet he already saying that to Putin.... haaaa