Singaporean Peter Lim to build RM3b Johor race track

Jasonjst

Singaporean Peter Lim to build RM3b Johor race track

Reports have emerged from across the Causeway that Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim is into a RM3 billion (S$1.2 billion) race track project in Johor

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Consider me cautiously optimistic. The long straight sounds abit off considering the total proposed length of the track, but i guess they want to let the big boys stretch their legs. I'd love to see a proper drag strip incorporated into the complex.

• Praise 1

Having a bonded area is also very clever - will make a big draw for those that are more serious.

And only 15 minutes from Second Link is very attractive, the driving school should do good business.

All around quite exciting - but doesn't make good news for our own local track. Mind you, on the other hand, if add up Pasir Gudang, Sepang, Local and the new track - four tracks would be enough for a single make series to have a pretty decent go of it as well, so it may well be a "strength in numbers" type thing, with critical mass building...

Consider me cautiously optimistic. The long straight sounds abit off considering the total proposed length of the track, but i guess they want to let the big boys stretch their legs. I'd love to see a proper drag strip incorporated into the complex.

This project sure will work well given involvement from Sultan . What happen to the one at Changi , go belly up already ? :huh:

Our local track is dead in the water and i don't have any hope anything coming out of it.

perhaps good riddance too. wif a billionaire investor + johor sultan behind the project + larger land + no ssc red tape, reckon this would be a much better project.

This project sure will work well given involvement from Sultan . What happen to the one at Changi , go belly up already ? :huh:

Nobody has SGD$370million on hand to build the track at Changi. [:(]

Supercharged

What happen to the one at Changi , go belly up already ? :huh:

Gahment dun wanna come up with any money,

bery tough...

perhaps good riddance too. wif a billionaire investor + johor sultan behind the project + larger land + no ssc red tape, reckon this would be a much better project.

To me, the need to turn a profit is what has been the biggest killer for the local track - the financial part has been a nightmare in land expensive Singapore.

As mentioned, you also have to wonder about how much red-tape has come from the government making the local track weildy and cumbersome. I wonder also if it was too ambitious. Rather than starting slow and letting it grow, perhaps they tried to do too much all at once.

Gahment dun wanna come up with any money,

bery tough...

I think they better give up that project , built Condo / Shopping Mall instead , which they are good at . For race track , this one in JB will kill them anyway .

Nobody has SGD$370million on hand to build the track at Changi. [:(]

KNN , 370M cant even host YOG for 1 week , how to built race track to complete with JB Sultan ? They are clever not to proceed. [:p]

KNN , 370M cant even host YOG for 1 week , how to built race track to complete with JB Sultan ? They are clever not to proceed. [:p]

But this one, Vivian not IC mah... he IC then need 37Billion. Due to daily inflation, weekly overall inflation, fortnightly temporal adjustments, monthly budgeting exercises etc.

Can consider set up Ramlee burger stall at the PIT garage.

What..? Rich people also eat Ramlee burger mah.

yeah, bring on the ramlee burger super special - made up of minced roadkill from the track. [laugh][laugh]