Audi A6 Avant $1,087/m what's the catch?

Shimada

Bro many k mentioned one tank reaches almost 700km. That's impressive.

Wonder how is bro Adrian figure?

I never let my tank run till finish one. So far only refilled twice. Clocking 8-9km/l.

My hyundai i45 2.4L gave me only 7-8km/l.

Same daily routine and routes and driving habits. CVT gearbox great for fuel consumption!!! [thumbsup]:chilling:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I say go for the Avant. With a sedan/saloon car I am never able to load up two of r/c boats like that. Furthermore with the Avant's low loading lip, it makes loading of my stuff very easy!!!

post-2654-0-31453300-1473680114_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Not many in Asia or Singapore give the same level of appreciation to station wagons as those in West.... a pity! They don't know what they miss! [thumbsup]

Tear off the blue plastic cover over the chrome plate lah :D

I say go for the Avant. With a sedan/saloon car I am never able to load up two of r/c boats like that. Furthermore with the Avant's low loading lip, it makes loading of my stuff very easy!!!

attachicon.gifMy A6 Avant 008.jpg

Not many in Asia or Singapore give the same level of appreciation to station wagons as those in West.... a pity! They don't know what they miss! [thumbsup]

That's cos many households have two or three cars. And Europeans have low birth rates for years. They don't even have 5 pax in the car often. So they need cargo space rather than people carriers.

The Asians, Americans all go towards suvs or crossovers.

If the average Singaporean needed a wagon he would just buy a wish and fold down the last row like my brother in law lol

• Praise 2

Yeah, just like how many of those Eurovans are actually used for commercial purpose...... [sly]

Anyway, different strokes for how each one wants to prioritizes their expenses...

Anyway, I prefer it this way, at least there will not be "extra premium" pricing on the station wagon models being sold in Singapore in near future. Let it remain niche [sly]

That's cos many households have two or three cars. And Europeans have low birth rates for years. They don't even have 5 pax in the car often. So they need cargo space rather than people carriers.
The Asians, Americans all go towards suvs or crossovers.

If the average Singaporean needed a wagon he would just buy a wish and fold down the last row like my brother in law lol

Somehow this thread further intrigued me into wagons.. and prompted me to do more research..now i cant stop looking at wagons.

A6 Avant 2013 - monthly $1.2k per mth for 7years loan

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=579096&DL=2030

Mazda 6 2.5R Wagon 2015- monthly $1.12k for 7years loan

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=591102&DL=1463

Which will u choose?

If i buy the Mz6, i know i will regret not buying the Audi A6 for the same monthly installments.

If i buy the Audi, i worried about GB probs and will curse and swear for not buying the Mz6 for Jap reliability.

My heart goes to Audi anyway. The speedometer cluster already nailed it for me.

[bigcry]

Yesterday in MCE, i was "jaw-dropped" by a RS4 Advant. That piece of metal can go fast. REALLY FAST.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=579404&DL=2003

What is love?

Which one you'd be more eager to drive every morning or steal glances even after you park and walk away? Buy that one.

That said, both are nice choices. Nothing wrong if you went either way.

I'd choose the Mazda6 for the newer design / newer age, that's it.. since very little separates the two, for me personally.

Btw the Audi A6 Avant in the link is using an older detuned 2.0 TFSI engine.. with CVT transmission. So in terms of reliability, at least it's not using the infamous dry 7 speeder DSG.

• Praise 1

SE told me not to so that can protect the chrome lip. And me use the boot often. So I will leave it.
  • Praise 1

Anyway, different strokes for how each one wants to prioritizes their expenses...

Anyway, I prefer it this way, at least there will not be "extra premium" pricing on the station wagon models being sold in Singapore in near future. Let it remain niche [sly]

Many wagon, especially conti make are already priced at premium. I was looking at the Skoda Superb Combi a couple of years back, and the price is $20K higher than the sedan. With an OMV of ~$3K - $4K higher than the sedan, I reckoned that the price difference after taxes would not be anything more than $10K. The current A6 Avant is also priced >$20K higher than A6 sedan (same engine), but with slightly lower spec (equipment wise), and so are Peugeot, BMW, Mercs. etc...

I do have preference for wagon / estate model for it practicality, but the pricing strategy simply turn me off. And also have to bear in mind in resale market, wagon / estate move much slower than sedan or hatch back.

• Praise 3

I get what you mean.

Even at the current state of wagon/estate acceptance, the ADs are already pricing it at such a premium, can you imagine if there is a sudden strange turn of local buyers' taste, everyone start clamouring for wagon/estate like the SUVs, the premium will be much more I figure.

Many wagon, especially conti make are already priced at premium. I was looking at the Skoda Superb Combi a couple of years back, and the price is $20K higher than the sedan. With an OMV of ~$3K - $4K higher than the sedan, I reckoned that the price difference after taxes would not be anything more than $10K. The current A6 Avant is also priced >$20K higher than A6 sedan (same engine), but with slightly lower spec (equipment wise), and so are Peugeot, BMW, Mercs. etc...

I do have preference for wagon / estate model for it practicality, but the pricing strategy simply turn me off. And also have to bear in mind in resale market, wagon / estate move much slower than sedan or hatch back.

While I am on the topic of wagons......here is my dream sleeper monster slayer..saw it in flash at Audi Showroom [laugh]

2436x1552-rs6-skyline.jpg

• Praise 3

I get what you mean.

Even at the current state of wagon/estate acceptance, the ADs are already pricing it at such a premium, can you imagine if there is a sudden strange turn of local buyers' taste, everyone start clamouring for wagon/estate like the SUVs, the premium will be much more I figure.

While I am on the topic of wagons......here is my dream sleeper monster slayer..saw it in flash at Audi Showroom [laugh]

2436x1552-rs6-skyline.jpg

RS6 Avant is a totally different breed!!! 500+ bhp on tap.

• Praise 1