All about smoking

Shor

Better run fast. Later he open the door w/o wearing pants and throw shit at you.

Sure can la. Must be ready to run.

He's probably halfway thru' with his pants down or no pants. Too shocked to react.

↡ Advertisement

Same as void deck.

No proper enforcement , no body care.

I wrote to NEA and complain about smoking at HDB multi-storey carpark. NEA play taichi and says is HDB responsibility to put No smoking sign at those areas. In the end also LL [bigcry]

I used to be a smoker and finally I saw the light. If you cannot remember anything about smoking, I learnt this the hard way and hope those who are still smoking and wanting to quit will find this helpful.

When we smoke, we literally enriching ($$$$), the manufacturers, shops and the government BUT we also literally make poorer ourselves by buying cigarettes (literally burning $$$$), our family and friends suffer from our second smoke, and killing ourselves slowly (medically proven with doubt).

I believe we are smarter than that.

Our environment will be fresher and healthier if all the smokers think likes you.

[thumbsup]

Talking about smoking in restricted places, just visited a toilet in shopping mall & detected someone smoking inside cubicle.

My neighbor also another joker. Smoking inside his unit with fan blowing out. My unit FengShui very good, wind & smoke all flow in

Supersonic

For those struggling or thinking about quitting smoking; I personally know 2 friends who quit cold turkey.

One day, they just decided, enough is enough and stop altogether.

They didn't get back to smoking, as far as I know.

The only negative thing that happened to them, was that they both put on weight.

If you're struggling about it, just do it.

It'll probably take a lot of discipline and lifestyle changes, but it's all up to you.

• Praise 5

4 years 2 mths smoke-free after 18yrs of puffing.

Even my father who smoked for 40 over years also became smoke-free for almost 3 years now.

No medication, but started with reducing the qty. 10-15 a day till about 4-5 a day, then just stop.

Wohooo!

6 years smoke free liao!

I have probably saved $18,000 going up in smoke [thumbsup]

• Praise 6

Quit because of family and never looked back. Though sometimes do get temptation from peers and also cheap fags abroad, just need to be mentally strong and reject them. Once you overcome that hurdle the smell of smokes will naturally irks you.

• Praise 1

Just sharing. Please don't flame. My personal opinion.

Quited 3 years ago after 2 attempts. Cold turkey on the 3rd attempt but with wifey/children support and 2 weeks leave touring west Malaysia. First day was tough. 2nd day worst. 3rd day temperamental and spoilt. 4th day zombified but slightly better. 5th - 10th day started enjoying my trip but urge to smoke still lingering. Next 3 months are all will power with little or no smoking urge. Now it's already 3 years plus. No urge to smoke but finds the after exhale smoke pungent and unbearable. Now I know how my family and my non smoking friends felt.

Reasons to quit was:

- family well being (I was the only smoker)

- preventive action for better health down the road.

- lunch partners/friends getting less due to smoker tobacco smell especially in the car. Now that i'm a non smoker, I can really smell it inside a car and it kind of leave an impression on me to maybe try to avoid being in the same car with him/her.

- getting less freedom to smoke openly. Need to hunt around for smoking area and a slave to nicotine.

- most importantly save some money but somehow the savings is spent on other stuff so it's not savings just money diverted to other needs.

This is the first time I'm writing about it since I quit smoking. 

Thanks for reading.

YOLO!! [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

• Praise 9

For those struggling or thinking about quitting smoking; I personally know 2 friends who quit cold turkey.

One day, they just decided, enough is enough and stop altogether.

They didn't get back to smoking, as far as I know.

The only negative thing that happened to them, was that they both put on weight.

If you're struggling about it, just do it.

It'll probably take a lot of discipline and lifestyle changes, but it's all up to you.

Yes will put on weight, dunno y. Don't mixed with ppl who smoke is the best cure to quitting.

• Praise 1

its a misconception that smoking helps reduce weight.

smoking numbs the taste buds and probably they enjoy food less.

ban smokers from eatery palace altogether!!!!! Stay at least 10m away :yuush: . The stupid yellow line is a joke. :omg:

• Praise 2

Supersonic

It does. By making the heart pump significantly harder at least for next 20min after 1 stick. Nic itself is a stimulant like caffeine.

Numb buds is true too. Above is the main.

However the cons outweigh many folds.

• Praise 4

Just sharing. Please don't flame. My personal opinion.

Quited 3 years ago after 2 attempts. Cold turkey on the 3rd attempt but with wifey/children support and 2 weeks leave touring west Malaysia. First day was tough. 2nd day worst. 3rd day temperamental and spoilt. 4th day zombified but slightly better. 5th - 10th day started enjoying my trip but urge to smoke still lingering. Next 3 months are all will power with little or no smoking urge. Now it's already 3 years plus. No urge to smoke but finds the after exhale smoke pungent and unbearable. Now I know how my family and my non smoking friends felt.

Reasons to quit was:

- family well being (I was the only smoker)

- preventive action for better health down the road.

- lunch partners/friends getting less due to smoker tobacco smell especially in the car. Now that i'm a non smoker, I can really smell it inside a car and it kind of leave an impression on me to maybe try to avoid being in the same car with him/her.

- getting less freedom to smoke openly. Need to hunt around for smoking area and a slave to nicotine.

- most importantly save some money but somehow the savings is spent on other stuff so it's not savings just money diverted to other needs.

This is the first time I'm writing about it since I quit smoking.

Thanks for reading.

YOLO!! [;)][:p][laugh]

Yes one of the effective ways to quit smoking.

I did this same method almost 8 years ago when I went with my family to Hong Kong for holiday in Dec 2008 - 10 days.

I loon till 3rd day n cannot tahan, sneak out of Hotel at 2am to 7-11, bought a pack of Salem, smoked/dragged 3 sticks and remembered I felt damn pissed with myself for doing that, crushed the pack of ciggies and went/sneak back to Hotel room, rinse my mouth n brush teeth n slept.

Next day onwards till now, never touch a stick.

So as an ex smoker - I confirm its 99% habit, 1 % nicotine.

• Praise 8

Supersonic

its a misconception that smoking helps reduce weight.

smoking numbs the taste buds and probably they enjoy food less.

ban smokers from eatery palace altogether!!!!! Stay at least 10m away :yuush: . The stupid yellow line is a joke. :omg:

Better yet, national ban. This will also deter lots of pseudo FT.

I am non-smoker and hate irresponsible smoker who smoke in non smoking area like lift, park, multi-storey car park etc.

However, first time heard smoking also have benefit. like prevent Parkinson disease. :a-SOS:

2. Smoking lowers risk of Parkinson's disease

Numerous studies have identified the uncanny inverse relationship between smoking and Parkinson's disease. Long-term smokers are somehow protected against Parkinson's, and it's not because smokers die of other things earlier. [10 Easy Paths to Self-Destruction]

The most recent, well-conducted study was published in a March 2010 issue of the journal Neurology. Far from determining a cause for the protective effect, these researchers found that the number of years spent smoking, more so than the number of cigarettes smoked daily, mattered more for a stronger protective effect.

Harvard researchers were among the first to provide convincing evidence that smokers were less likely to develop Parkinson's. In a study published in Neurology in March 2007, these researchers found the protective effect wanes after smokers quit. And they concluded, in their special scientific way, that they didn't have a clue as to why

I am non-smoker and hate irresponsible smoker who smoke in non smoking area like lift, park, multi-storey car park etc.

However, first time heard smoking also have benefit. like prevent Parkinson disease. :a-SOS:

2. Smoking lowers risk of Parkinson's disease

Numerous studies have identified the uncanny inverse relationship between smoking and Parkinson's disease. Long-term smokers are somehow protected against Parkinson's, and it's not because smokers die of other things earlier. [10 Easy Paths to Self-Destruction]

The most recent, well-conducted study was published in a March 2010 issue of the journal Neurology. Far from determining a cause for the protective effect, these researchers found that the number of years spent smoking, more so than the number of cigarettes smoked daily, mattered more for a stronger protective effect.

Harvard researchers were among the first to provide convincing evidence that smokers were less likely to develop Parkinson's. In a study published in Neurology in March 2007, these researchers found the protective effect wanes after smokers quit. And they concluded, in their special scientific way, that they didn't have a clue as to why

Key words are "lowers risk". Lower by 0.00000001% is also lower risk. It doesn't eliminate the disease totally.

This kinda thing you also dunno who wrote it. It's highly probable the person is a smoker. Ownself bluff ownself. [laugh]

Supercharged

i was a smoker for 30 years. few attempts to quit but they lasted for max 6 months before i picked up the habit again.

the last straw happened on the day after i sent off my mother to a world far far away. i know the last thing a mother always wanted is their boy to live healthily and smoke free. i threw away the last pack, never look back since and hoping she knows i have make it. it had

been 2 years and still counting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11